Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Me 1 - Prius 0 A moment of sheer joy.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

Imagine the Youtube hits if ND had a chance to film it!!!

Brilliant ND bloody love that.

Bow down Bow down
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #58033013th Jan 2010 11:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kevi

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Pure heaven Rolling with laughter
 Practice safe eating - always use condiments.

2 Too many seats now
No trouble so far
tow pack, tasmods sills
IT goes without saying that you should never have more children than you have car windows 

Post #58033213th Jan 2010 11:36 am
slipware

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Speaking as a lifelong Healthcare Worker, I hope you made sure he was uninjured? I rarely find it hilarious to laugh at someone elses misfortune, at least until I've checked all that is injured is metal and pride! Whistle
 If you never try, you'll never know...  
Post #58034013th Jan 2010 11:53 am
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Me 1 - Prius 0 A moment of sheer joy.

NoDo$h wrote:
...Prius...little bit of wee...
And behold, the word "Weeus" is born Thumbs Up Nice one ND$, that's keeping me warm just thinking about it. It just goes to show how much these deluded saps have been brainwashed into thinking that they have a real car that can equal anything else on the road Laughing

I was stuck behind a smart car doing 5mph this morning. I however had to swallow my mutterings about the road being clear and gritted when it lost it and slid sideways into the kerb at a roundabout. Even at 5mph a Smart car is grossly exceeding its capabilities in this weather Rolling Eyes
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #58034713th Jan 2010 12:03 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

ND U mean, mean man!!! How was the wall, what had it done to deserve being hit by that numpty??? To my eternal shame my sis has a Pious, hope she's having fun saving the planet now!! Snigger

Post #58035813th Jan 2010 12:18 pm
AWD man

England 

Mr. Green

I like

Couldn't have happened to a nicer motor....

(Urine off works well to remove the pee stink from the leather)
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #58037813th Jan 2010 12:48 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

slipware wrote:
Speaking as a lifelong Healthcare Worker, I hope you made sure he was uninjured? I rarely find it hilarious to laugh at someone elses misfortune, at least until I've checked all that is injured is metal and pride! Whistle

Speaking as someone who has had his car comprehensively vandalised by green scum in the past I hope he had a spike on the steering wheel and his last thought was "I have wasted my life". Remember this knobber tried to block an overtake by accelerating, which neatly drops him into the category of "Karma sucks if you're a git all your life".

He was at a little above walking pace when he hit the verge in front of the wall and I doubt even has a dent in his bumper, so unless he failed to wear a seatbelt his overwhelming aura of smugness will have saved him. And if not? Darwinism at work. Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #58038613th Jan 2010 12:59 pm
Ken

Re: Me 1 - Prius 0 A moment of sheer joy.

stapldm wrote:
[ Even at 5mph a Smart car is grossly exceeding its capabilities in this weather Rolling Eyes

Nope pull the TC fuse that is all that is required promise Whistle

Post #58038713th Jan 2010 1:05 pm
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Al, He can't be quite as bad as you make out, at least he sounded his horn to warn you! Still it did put a smile on face reading that. We have a fried who is very green and has spoken about our Disco before, she didn't say anything when it was taking her out and saving her from walking in the snow the other day though!
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #58040913th Jan 2010 1:46 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

He sounded his horn as there was a dirty great 4x4 looming in his windscreen and me being out of his way gave him another 2 car-lengths to get his speed down. As for your friend, I would have made the point with her - after all, I doubt you invite her to criticise your car so why worry about her feeling a little awkward when you point out how "convenient" your "choice" is. Two words guaranteed to rile the ardent green.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #58041913th Jan 2010 2:06 pm
mzplcg

England 

Good grief, I've only just stopped giggling like a girl. Top post fella.

Oh and...
slipware wrote:

Accelerating to try and prevent an overtake is not misfortune, it's called behaving like a c Censored ck. So let's see, drives a Prius, drives like an Censored . Hmmm. Deserves all he gets in my book.

Post #58051013th Jan 2010 3:32 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
drives a Prius, drives like an Censored

that makes the second new word of the day... PRIARSE..
 one wife.......livid  
Post #58051413th Jan 2010 3:35 pm
Craig S-L

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

As the forum's resident Prius driver, I must take issue with you ND

I can't clean all my coffee from my keyboard Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

As you can probably guess the Prius has not had much use in the last month (3 days to work since 18th December) and although I am not able to claim my fuel used as the fuel card is for the little car, I don't think I would want it any other way. The couple of times I have been out the TC robs you of any momentum when it kicks in, and the low resistance tyres are Censored in anything other than absolutely fresh snow (where being narrow they are actually quite good) and the fact that the heating is very dependent on the engine, which doesn't kick out a lot of heat, it's like brass monkeys in it for at least 10miles (unlike the heated seat in the first 100 metres in the G4).

My prick of the morning goes to the idiot in the golf on Reigate Hill on the M25 - as the snow was falling heavily, the outside lane was snowbound, but weight of traffic also slowed the rest of the carriageway to 20mph. Therefore I pulled out into the snow to do 30-40 safely and go past the rest of the euroboxes and this poncy golf pulls out in front of me (200 yds ahead), and proceeds to drive at the previaling speed just to hold me up!!!! WHY!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 Craig

2015 D? SDV6 HSE Loire Blue
2009 D4 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
2006 G4 Challenge V8 HSE (Gone, but fuel bills not forgotten!)
Media Support Vehicle Stage 1 & 2 Thailand and Laos
Driven by Rudi Thoelen, 2003 Winner 

Last edited by Craig S-L on 13th Jan 2010 4:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #58052213th Jan 2010 3:45 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

TYpical dog in a manger attitude. We love a good queue in the UK, but not as much as we love making others queue Rolling Eyes
Post #58054113th Jan 2010 4:07 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Had something simular today, but in reverse - kinda! Whistle

Was stuck 8 cars back leading up to a bridge over the canal and people were digging a Astra out and trying to get it up the slope (starting on the slope Shocked ) to no avail. Having the tow rope already on the rear and the boot lids open (from a recovery 2 mins ago Thumbs Up ) I put the hazards on and trundled slowly past the que on the other side of the road.

And what happened?, A numpty in a Mondeo decided he didnt want me to over take and come past as I was 'que jumping' - he pulled out almost side ways in the road and shock his head and said "your not coming past" Shocked Shocked Shocked I lost it! Mr. Green , I'd been out since 6am delivery staff to work and I really didnt need this. Needless to say he got both barrels.

The cars behind and in front of him were alerted to my rant (is there such a thing as a mega rant?) about what I was trying to achieve. They told the Mondeo guy to wind his neck in and shut the feck up Mr. Green . He was stuck across the road and needed to be pushed back inline. Needless to say myself and the other two chaps might have pushed the car a little further into the side snow than needed.... Laughing

Drove past stuck car and hitched up - 30 seconds job done and rest of the traffic gliding by whilst Mr Mondeo was trying to get traction in the deep snow.

I tooted and waved goodbye to him Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #58054613th Jan 2010 4:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >