12volt tv in caravan?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

nigel207 wrote:
Gareth wrote:
+1 for Cello. They work fine on 12v. I have two of them in my caravan.

Hi Gareth,

I’m looking for a TV for the bedroom in our caravan (end-island Coachman). The one that we have at the moment (an old Teknica) has quite a shallow viewing angle. As the TV is mounted quite high on its bracket, and the placing of the connections doesn’t allow it to tilt very much, And so the picture is quite dark and things that are dark just become a black area when viewed from sitting in bed.

We have an Avtex in the main living area but obviously they aren’t cheap! So, I’ve been looking at a 16” Cello (C1620F) which says that the viewing angle is 170/170 h/v. What is your experience please?

Thanks,

Nigel

The viewing angle is not brilliant. Like you we have one mounted high on the wall of the end bedroom. It is angled down a fair bit. I used the standard caravan mount supplied by Elddis. The front TV is on a shelf next to the door, and whilst the VA is wide enough to cover both sides of the caravan, it does have to point down a few degrees to get optimum view if your laying down on a front couch, like I usually do.

I’d get pictures but the van is in storage and I can’t get to it at the moment.

Post #213933719th Apr 2020 11:46 am
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for that. Our caravan is usually in the back garden, but alas it went in for service (and of course warranty work!) just before the “lockdown” and as I was going to be busy for several weeks I told the Dealer to hang on to it until the work was complete! We can’t even pretend to be away now as we could do normally. Rolling Eyes

Nigel.

Post #213938919th Apr 2020 3:04 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I had exactly the same problem with the LED tv I had, so much so that with poor sound and very poor vertical viewing angle I reverted back to a traditional CRT tv and a digital satellite box as I a built in dish, I was hoping newer versions of LED had overcome the problem as they are claiming something like 170x170degrees viewing angle I don’t quite know how this is calculated.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #213945319th Apr 2020 5:19 pm
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

It looks like the C1620F is a new model (the one claiming 170/170 viewing angle). I’ve looked at some of their other models that are giving only 85/85 viewing angles which kind of backs up what we’re thinking.

Post #213946819th Apr 2020 5:53 pm
M3DPO

I have gone for the latest Model Traveller 12v/240v 22”, They told me by email it was 89 degrees all round but on arrival it is 178 degrees all round Very Happy , further comments will follow after I have got it set up as I am struggling with the satellite connection.
Beware 24” models are only HD ready, only 22” and 32 travellers are full 1080p HD, I found a 32” would not fit in my tv aperture.

Post #214220728th Apr 2020 9:29 pm
Wonky

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Cello all the way - far cheaper than the Avtex. Also, I believe it is made in the UK!!!!!
we have a 21" tv/dvd and it works perfectly with good viewing angles etc. Sound is not brilliant but we can connect to the vans system which improves things drastically!

Martin W
 07MY TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey + Alpaca
No ugly kid glass!
Side steps (one with dent!)
BIG GRIN (although turned down at the edges)
Extremely empty wallet 

Post #214229829th Apr 2020 9:54 am
M3DPO

Ferguson TVs are made by Cello near Newcastle.
I ordered it at 3-00pm and it arrived the following day, the first surprise is the weight or lack of it, they are lighter than my lap top and boxed very securely. Took it to the ‘van unplugged the Sat aerial from the old working Freesat box Plugged it into the new tv followed the On screen instructions and waited for it to tune in, expecting to sit down with a cuppa and watch tv, big disappointment, 12-00 next day I am still trying to tune the thing in to Astra satellite, I have now taken it home to try it on my home fixed working Sat dish-still no joy, the instructions that come with it are Total rubbish.
Their email help line sends a automated response back but no guidance- still have not received anything.
To cut a long story short a visit to “YouTube” helps and within 1/2 an hour I have it up and running, to conclude apart from the sound it is absolutely brilliant, the factory set sound is dreadful, painful to the ears but by adjusting it to minimum treble and maximum bass it is acceptable.
Viewing angle 178 degrees all round, power consumption is only 17watts, With a hard drive or memory stick records or plays mp4 film, built in DVD player. Terrestrial and Satellite tuner. 1080p picture quality. 2year guarantee postage paid both ways all for £152 Shocked perfect for what I want, just a shame about the Satellite tuning instructions, There’s just one short paragraph that literally says “Just plug into a Sat
dish”, other instructions are ok.
p.s. anyone who buys one of these needs To first find the Satellite, switch the power on in the hidden menu to the Sat socket and enter the details of the LNB to be able to tune in.
Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction Thumbs Up

Post #214237729th Apr 2020 3:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >