Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

1st breakdown
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

espri wrote:
I agree too that the EMP is all around and anything can be affected. But I assume that any critical system, like those in a car, transmits its data with some method of recognising when it has been corrupted. And, if that's the case, repeats until it works ok.

My current VW also has some sort of computer ticking away under the bonnet but I cannot say I have ever noticed any problem that I could put down to EMP (and that was driving to and fro every day past the Voice of America transmitter which had the locals hanging out banners claiming that their health was being affected; the station was closed down a year or two ago).

But now I'm off to bed to dream about it Very Happy

Eric
it can occur in the strangest of places.... best (worst?) i've seen was the carpark of a nursing home where every Ford & Volvo needed 3 sq. metres of aluminium foil draped across the front grille or windscreen so that the alarm / immobiliser could be switched off... no 'phone masts, no microwave relays... but a flight path from a local airport.... makes you want to walk round in a lead suit... if lead wasn't bad for you Rolling Eyes  
Post #2803714th Nov 2005 11:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Hope they didn't have too many pacemakers in the nursing home Laughing

Eric

Post #2810815th Nov 2005 8:17 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

espri wrote:
Hope they didn't have too many pacemakers in the nursing home Laughing

Eric
not for long... helped with their room turnover though Shocked  
Post #2816315th Nov 2005 10:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bernie

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Part 6

Collected car yesterday, ( Been in Dealer since last Wednesday) They can find nothing wrong.All systems that should shut down do so.No abnormal volts drop.I will just get on with enjoying it. Laughing

Post #2901522nd Nov 2005 10:08 am
BN

England 
Re: Part 6

Bernie wrote:
Collected car yesterday, ( Been in Dealer since last Wednesday) They can find nothing wrong.All systems that should shut down do so.No abnormal volts drop.I will just get on with enjoying it. Laughing

They won't the problem with the D3 is that the mechanic has to tell Testbook what your complaint was and then it will locate the error.

Don't sit back, make the dealer sort it as it won't heal its self. Not many technicicians actually know how to operate Testbook properly yet.

Also ensure that a EPQR is filled out. The dealer is PAID by LR to ensure they are filled out. If they are not, LR don't know there is a problem. I have pushed this so much on the site that senior LR staff read these posts and as a direct result of my pushing the EPQR the payment is made to the dealers.

Post #2905622nd Nov 2005 12:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >