Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

20 inch with 295 45 Grabbers Update we live in hope!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Update for you all. I got the wheels balanced and they were out. They had to add more than 80gms to one wheel which apparently is quite a lot.

The guy did point out though that the grabbers are a budget tyre and probably the cheapest you can buy (In that size) and this type of thing with budget tyres is not uncommon. (don't know if that's true or not)

Anyway driven a few more miles with them balanced and it is perfect. No wobble or anything. I'm really pleased as I was worried I might have had to take them off.
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #30343927th May 2008 12:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

nice one Shrinky

Grabbers arent the cheapest (I know of some Marshalls in this spec at £75 per tyre), but they are in the budget bracket, along with the Nexen's I tried previously, and I put my nervous ride down to them. Problem is, do you want to spend big bucks for you to still find out its not the tyres. The other issue is that the premium brands in this size are only weight rated at 110, whereas the cheaper ones go up to 114.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #30346727th May 2008 1:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Shrinky wrote:

The guy did point out though that the grabbers are a budget tyre and probably the cheapest you can buy (In that size) and this type of thing with budget tyres is not uncommon. (don't know if that's true or not)

That's absolute ballcocks!!!!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Grabbers are General Tyres same company as Continental!!!
Why do garage monkeys spew out so much garbage???
Probably cos there's nothing else in their heads, that they feel the ned to impress with whatever thougth that happens to enter into their simple, empty minds!!
Evil or Very Mad
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #30353827th May 2008 6:33 pm
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

He was obviously not brain of the year as he also said that they were RRS wheels and were too big for my car Thud
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #30354827th May 2008 6:47 pm
Googsy

Ireland 

Got car back from dealers

They fixed the following

2 x balljoints

trackrod ends

and a few other bushes - steering knock gone result finally Thumbs Up

What confuses me is they told me the last two times it was in with them they had replaced these parts. I had to sign a form for them to say work was carried out under warranty never had to do that previously It did however list a number of parts that had been replaced. . Is this a new thing or did they not bother fixing my car previously and just decided on a few adjustments here and there?
 Googsy
2008 HSE TDV8

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder... 

Post #30460930th May 2008 5:01 pm
anoble

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

after getting my wheel balance checked again, they found the balance to be out a lot.....basically when the wheels were balanced originally they only used 1 strip of lead...After they were balanced correctly I do not get any wobble anymore - glad it was not the steering rack Smile

Post #32400521st Jul 2008 10:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >