Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 26 of 32 <123 ... 252627 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Ok, my ownership has now taken a bit of a nose dive. Actually my entire Saturday was filled with crap going wrong. Going to start with, my partner broke the release handle on my BMW in a way that meant the bonnet opened and couldn't be closed Shocked ! This was literally on our way out the door to go to the Cinema so literally just moved it off the road and dumped it on my drive and grabbed the Discovery. Well that decision turned out to be a MASSIVE mistake! Got 2 thirds of the way to the cinema and as I stopped at traffic lights on a Roundabout above the M20, I noticed smoke pouring out from the front of the car, and cars were beeping and pointing, I stupidly put my foot down and got it to Tesco around the corner from where I was to discover that my car was on fire. Yes, on Fire. Coming from the front wheel, anyway, I grabbed the attention of the car wash guys in the car park who at first said no appointments left, until I said one sentence, my car is on fire! Shocked Rolling with laughter Then the jet wash lances quickly got directed at the smoking wheel. Knowing the risk of a warped brake disc, I thought that was a better option than no car. Anyway, amazingly, no visible damage Shocked and after it cooled down, I was determined to go to the Cinema after the day I had, so drove slowly to the Cinema, then after the film, drove slowly back home and was impressed that I made it all the way.

I will also add, that this couldn't have been a worse week for this to happen as I resigned from my job a week ago Rolling with laughter and don't start the new business opportunity until Monday, so 2 weeks of no income, and I will add, that 4 of my cars have decided to have tantrums this week.

Cause of the fire is yet to be determined. And as of the end of the month, I am sorning the Discovery for a month.

And as it is my Birthday today, I treated myself to another project car which will be being kept. A little Polo. Another car I can't use yet as the clutch is barely working on that Rolling with laughter

Post #227443423rd Jan 2022 1:18 am
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Happy birthday and good luck with the new business Thumbs Up
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #227444423rd Jan 2022 8:19 am
disco-nut

I can honestly say, I have 3 broken Discovery 3's Rolling with laughter This one has been sat waiting for the new diff to be fitted and has run out of MOT, so hoping it sails through the MOT as soon as the diff is done.

Post #22945996th Jun 2022 9:29 pm
disco-nut

Well, I am truly Censored off with my so called mate who kept promising to fix this every weekend, so between me and another mate, we are doing it ourselves at mine. I am collecting the D3 hopefully Tuesday evening and limping it home.

Post #230027416th Jul 2022 9:25 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I admire your perseverance, but there must be an easier way to make a living. Confused
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #230028116th Jul 2022 10:48 pm
disco-nut

The D3’s are my personal vehicles, not got these to make money, but was using this one to tow with.

Post #230029517th Jul 2022 5:44 am
disco-nut

Well, the last 24 hours have really being a surprise, I cancelled my contract of sub-managing a garage as the owner turned round and told me I needed to get permission to be ill Shocked Errrr, No Exclamation So walked away and spent the day going full speed with expanding my business and carrying on with a takeover / merger of another company. Well and truly screwed myself financially for at least 2 months, but had to take back control of everything. Anyway, getting back on topic, I told my friend I was quite frankly Censored off that my car had been sat untouched at his for near enough 3 months when he knew I needed the car not only for towing, but also because the MOT ran out in May! So I collected the key for this Discovery today, then I thought just before going to bed that I would get a quote before bed ready for tomorrow for getting the Discovery recovered as it still hasn't got the new diff fitted. Well, to my surprise, the quote was dead cheap and the recovery agent was able to come pretty much immediately to fetch it. So I though, why not! And at just after 2am, my Discovery finally made it home. It was really nice being back behind the wheel again.

Click image to enlarge

Post #230087221st Jul 2022 2:13 am
disco-nut

The Discovery looked abandoned, so I gave it a wash today, and the suspension thankfully started working.

Post #230092621st Jul 2022 12:42 pm
disco-nut

Today, my Discovery is having the final recovery to my new yard, where I will be replacing the Diff myself with my business partner. So looking at a maximum of 1 more month in theory until the Discovery is back on the road.

Now waiting and fighting boredom waiting for the recovery agent to come.

Post #230535024th Aug 2022 9:16 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked I didn't realise the book time for a diff was a month. Laughing
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #230535724th Aug 2022 9:52 am
disco-nut

I think so far it has been 4 months Rolling with laughter

Post #230537024th Aug 2022 11:54 am
disco-nut

The Land Rover's are all united. There is actually 3 Discovery 3's in that last photo but the blue D3 is mostly hidden by the Freelander 2. I meant to start work on the D3, then realised the time so went home for lunch Rolling with laughter

This afternoon I am heading back to work to do some work on the Freelander though. Then I have to be builder again and start construction of the workshop itself.

But my goal is to get this Discovery back on the road within 2 months.

Post #230537124th Aug 2022 12:00 pm
disco-nut

Finally managed to get this into the workshop yesterday as it is finally getting the new diff fitted, then it is for its mot test and I will finally be back in it as my daily.

Post #231275728th Oct 2022 6:47 am
disco-nut

This is winding me up now, between my health, other peoples cars and booting a someone out of my business, this has finally made it into the workshop area. Got this far with it a few weeks ago and still getting side tracked by other vehicles Shocked Laughing

I am really hoping to get this at least started this coming week. I was going to get it done before Christmas but highly unlikely now. So my goal is to get it in for an MOT before my birthday in January.

Post #231645326th Nov 2022 9:49 pm
disco-nut

The snow came before I got around to doing this job, so as of tomorrow it will be in a mates garage being done Rolling with laughter But this means the diff will be done this week, and the car has a chance of being on the road before Christmas day. I do miss driving this. Currently in what was my trusty Astra until it developed a coolant loss problem, chewed a battery, an alternator and a light bulb in 1 day! Although the Astra has done extremely well in the snow and on sheet ice, I haven't gotten stuck once, but really want my Discovery back as my daily!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I know I have been fairly quiet, I have been ram packed looking after everyone elses Landy's, in fact, pending 1 more factor that I find out the result of the end of this week, I am in fact moving to a new premises with a workshop that is bigger than the yard I have on its own in addition to the same sized yard attached to it. And will be moving between Christmas day and new years eve.

I am glad I took the decision to quit my last job and go at it alone. But this has forced me to face reality that as much as I want to own my entire collection of cars, I don't have the time to maintain them all or use them all, so already reduced the collection somewhat.

The blue one is actually heading for the crusher the last working day before Christmas eve, the grey one is advertised for sale but not worried if it doesn't sell, I am letting my Freelander 2 go and possibly letting the Range Rover I have go. (Not me advertising them for people to ask about on here), just a bit of a rambling on.

My personal car collection is going to consist of Navara Truck, Green D3, Astra, BMW 630i. Anything else I keep will be justified as for the business Rolling with laughter So finally getting sensible as my car collection grew to 19 personal vehicles up until 2 weeks ago Shocked Laughing

Post #231876814th Dec 2022 10:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 26 of 32 <123 ... 252627 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >