Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 26 <123 4 ... 242526>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Awesome, I have got my airbag tool on order thanks to Hess on here. Can't wait to get my switches installed.

It will have tinted rear windows as of Thursday thanks to Auto Eclipse in St. Leonards on Sea.

And Wednesday it is going to have to prove its worth as I don't 100% trust it yet as not had it long enough. But will be going on a 7 hour round trip to take a friend to pick up a tatty old Pajero lol. I thought I had lost my marbles when I went to get both D2's from the other side of the country lol. But a £550 motor just seems insane. But heyho, it's a mate and he is paying for fuel, and it is a road trip lol. Looking forward to it Smile

Post #14396388th Mar 2015 9:49 pm
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11825024.C...ton_Water/

this one Laughing
 MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #14397269th Mar 2015 8:29 am
geoffsnook

Wales 

Wow i i thought i had it bad with modding but you are beating me hands down Bow down mind you i haven't had to repair anywhere near what you have either Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #14397359th Mar 2015 8:57 am
Sion

Wales 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'm enjoying watching this thread. keep the mods and pics coming Thumbs Up

Post #14398879th Mar 2015 3:29 pm
disco-nut

mark the spark wrote:
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11825024.Car_swamped_by_the_tide_in_Southampton_Water/

this one Laughing

Might as well be lmao.

That one has been broken down for bits and sold through facebook.
I am going to Northampton to take a friend to get a SWB Pajero.

I have owned 3 of them, they are ok, but always end up back in something with the Green Oval badge lol.

Post #144074111th Mar 2015 12:55 am
disco-nut

As for the MODS, They will be being put on hold for a while now lol
I run a Land Rover club for my area and have got club stands booked at a few shows, so what I have will be fitted, but apart from that I will be hopefully just enjoying the car.

I have also got a back up planned for the warranty as my warranty expires in August, I am going to take out the AA warranty as it is only £106 a year if I have the cover on the car only.

I am also taking out the AA plan for the Mondeo too. Although this time it's too late lol.

And I am going to see if the middle row seats can easily be removed as there is a really weird and nasty smell coming from them. So I want to get them out and wash them properly.

Post #144074211th Mar 2015 12:59 am
disco-nut

Suspension AGAIN

Wow, I am beginning to think either the suspension doesn't like me, or the last garage weren't fully clued up about the suspension.

The compressor ever since I got the car back has stayed on the entire time the engine runs.
So being annoyed at GDA, I phoned Terrain who used to look after this baby for its last owner. They confirmed that they are able to do work for the warranty company that the garage used.

So my D3 (Yet to be named) is going back to Terrain.

They told me that in June when the compressor was replaced, that it was replaced with a D4 compressor and the computer at that time had been reprogrammed.

At least this time I will be getting a Land Rover for a courtesy car lol even if it is a 270000 mile Disco 2 or an old Freelander lol.

And the day before it goes in for this my Cambelt and Aux belt is being fitted.

On the plus side, my new towbar lock arrived and is fitted but I am clueless about what I have done to the towbar as I think I may have broken it.

Click image to enlarge

Post #144492519th Mar 2015 1:48 am
disco-nut

It's official, I panic too much!

I thought my compressor was on the entire time the engine was running, turns out after listening properly and getting my other half to listen, the noise is actually a blowing exhaust and sounds like it is vibrating on the car underneath. So get to cancel one job.

The next thing is, Some S.O.A.B recently popped the tyres on my other halfs Mondeo and took a hammer to the body work on the Mondeo and my Vectra, luckily the Disco wasn't touched although it is now under surveillance around the clock. But totally out of the blue, this guy sends an advert to be approved on one of my For Sale pages on Facebook. (I run and admin many!), In the advert it stated FREE to collector, 4 17" Tyres from a Discovery 3. So I pounced. Within 3 minutes of the advert being submitted I contacted the guy, who then during the conversation also said he was clearing out his shed and didn't know what else he had but that there would be a load of things for 4x4's I could have.

So after a day out getting errands done, I stopped by (luckily he was very local too), and when I arrived he had 4 Continental tyres with around 4mm tread on them, Genuine Land Rover roof bars (The ones that go across the roof), Genuine Land Rover rubber floor mats and a HUGE drip tray. I am soo happy, and grateful to the guy for all the stuff he gave me.

Unfortunately I can't use the roof bars YET as I don't have the rails that they clip into. But the roof bars will be going in my shed until I do.

The tyres only fit my current wheels which is a little disappointing in the respect I can't use them as an excuse to get my 19" wheels on yet lol. But grabbed them just in case the little sod that stabbed the Mondeo tyres decided to stab my Discovery tyres. I really hope he doesn't though as I have A/T Cooper GT tyres on the wheels at the moment which are only 4 months old. Not even covered 1500 miles yet.

Now I am in the dog house though, as I cleared all the Disco 2 stuff out of the garden, and have accidentally filled it with Disco 3 wheels and tyres and another set of wheels for the Mondeo lol.

As the Vectra was getting vandalised, I have now dropped it off to a car dealer, who is dealing with the full sale of it for a small fee. But it takes the hassle out of it for me and I know the dealer very well. Someone will get a good RARE motor there. But I can't afford 3 cars.

But I have spent a fortune on CCTV and CCTV equipment and I have camera's on all the cars as well as in my garden. And all HD camera's too. And although I don't want the cars being damaged any more, I say bring it on! I am ready and waiting! And this has come about all because I reported a neighbour where I used to live for Drink driving in December, and he was arrested twice in just 3 days for the same offence and was 3 times over the drink drive limit, and was then charged and banned for 40 months. Unfortunately ALL of the local news papers made an example of him and published his name, age, address, the fact he was previously banned for drink driving etc... and the story is still trending on line after the police executed operation dragonfly.

Enough of my random ramblings. Tomorrow I am planning on putting the switches in for the Audio controls and Cruise control switches if I am well enough.

Post #144642821st Mar 2015 11:31 pm
Sly666

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi
My 2005 D3 (same colour as yours) was at Terrain last week for some bits and bobs and a MOT.
Went straight through MOT with no advisories.
Top bunch on lads at Terrain. Thumbs Up

My compressor is on its last legs too. On the look out for a replacement.

Post #144643622nd Mar 2015 12:29 am
disco-nut

Hi sly666,

Luckily for me that last owner spent out on a brand new D4 compressor last year, funnily enough fitted by Terrain in June 2014, so mine shouldn't be on its last legs and seems to work really well, I just panic at the slightest noise lol as I have never owned such a nice vehicle this new to me lol.

I think it would be great if some of us Disco 3 & 4 owners met up as I have loads of us on the roads recently. I know someone in a Black D4 flashed me today and before I could even think to flash or wave it had passed me lol

Here are some pictures of my bargains as I decided to go out and freeze my backside off lol

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And the Mondeo has now got the correct wheels for the model fitted. Although when the tyres get worn out they will bet refurbished.

Post #144643722nd Mar 2015 12:51 am
disco-nut

Woohoo, Belts all done now, the garage found my oil was 1 litre low so topped it up and washed and hoovered it for me, and said it was a good D3. Nice to know. Barretts were really helpful in Ashford, When I arrived to pick it up I found it wasn't cleaned yet so I went and bugged the Parts department who then palmed me off to the technician who worked on my car lol. It wasn't for me to complain, but I am curious by nature so got talking to the guy who worked on my Discovery who was very knowledgeable and helpful. It was a long a complicated day though. But 1 less job to worry about, Belts aren't due again until 2022 or 263000 miles, whichever comes first. Not sure if I will still have it in 2022 but we shall see.

Post #144851226th Mar 2015 3:53 am
disco-nut

Finally with the help of a mate I got round to getting the Cruise and Audio buttons fitted. The cruise isn't activated though.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #14541645th Apr 2015 10:26 pm
Biffysun

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up and for your next mod? have a read through this for your lumpy steering wheel....

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic96487.h...el+varnish

8)

Post #14542156th Apr 2015 8:02 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

That steering wheel looks awful.

Shocked
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise