Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2005 D3 TDV6 Manual.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 25 of 26 <123 ... 242526>
robbie36

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3

stephenw46 wrote:
Welcome to the joys of being a D3 owner mine like yours was a basic model & I am still playing with I am sure it will soon have a few mods on her & look like this

Also cruise control is a option if not fitted auto lights & wipers it just doesn't stop lol enjoy Thumbs Up

hi Im interested in the cruise control option you mentioned above... any more info you could give me please Thumbs Up

Post #168172017th Jul 2016 12:35 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Use the search, it's been covered soooooooo many times.
Here it is anyway: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic73433.html
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #168173117th Jul 2016 1:05 pm
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

robbie36 wrote:
stephenw46 wrote:
Welcome to the joys of being a D3 owner mine like yours was a basic model & I am still playing with I am sure it will soon have a few mods on her & look like this

Also cruise control is a option if not fitted auto lights & wipers it just doesn't stop lol enjoy Thumbs Up

hi Im interested in the cruise control option you mentioned above... any more info you could give me please Thumbs Up

You need to get the wiring loom for behind the air bag, the switches for the steering wheel and fit them, then you need someone with a code reader thing to activate it through the OBD2 plug.

I highly recommend that you buy the loom brand new which is under £30. But it is the easiest upgrade I have done on the car.

Post #168173217th Jul 2016 1:11 pm
disco-nut

D16PJM wrote:
I am assuming you are classing me as a troll then as my post was after Geoffs, I never stated you were mounting your horns on the outside, I was trying to add a bit of humour with my pictures as you seem to be a bit upset about some comments, I also drive one of the "Chavvy" discovery's you mention at a guess.

I personally think and stated you have improved your car and have followed this thread through all 20+ pages and will continue to follow, air horns are your choice and I will stick to my opinion that IMHO 1 horn would have the same affect, not heard a dull tone from a airhorn, not being negative its your car and we differ in opinion, that's what makes us different.

I also see I am Dumb Keyboard warrior but it appears you are the one on the attack, no one has called you anything, I kind of hope its your medication talking but doubt it somehow.

As it happens, your D3 is NOT one of the ones that I think looks chavvy lol. Without reading through all the comments again, not sure if I was dubbing you a Troll. I don't think I was.

Post #168173317th Jul 2016 1:14 pm
robbie36

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
robbie36 wrote:
stephenw46 wrote:

You need to get the wiring loom for behind the air bag, the switches for the steering wheel and fit them, then you need someone with a code reader thing to activate it through the OBD2 plug.

I highly recommend that you buy the loom brand new which is under £30. But it is the easiest upgrade I have done on the car.

cheers will lok into it as a lot driving up to scotland on the 60mph roads with average speed cameras so would be handy

Post #168174117th Jul 2016 1:52 pm
disco-nut

1st time I have personally washed the Discovery by hand since September 2015 Laughing

Needs a much deeper clean though.

Post #168231219th Jul 2016 12:16 am
disco-nut

Typical, spot lights have become intermittent, very rarely come on. Hopefully the wiring hasn't destroyed itself despite using what was supposed to be more than adequate wiring and relay on it. Next weekend if the weather allows I will be back to modifying under the bonnet.

Post #168503527th Jul 2016 10:19 am
disco-nut

Argh, 2 things now, Drove up a low kerb gently in the rain to turn my car around, (I had to) and after parking properly I spotted a small oil patch that had spread and looked large lol, I drove to the hospital and around town before coming home and checked the ground wherever I parked and even tried driving up a kerb gently again to re-create what I saw and haven't seen any oil on the ground since.

And I was busy talking away while my car was parked, I put the key in the ignition and left the ignition on for about 5 minutes maybe a bit longer and for some reason the amber light came on with park brake fault message on the dash. I turned the ignition off and back on and it cleared and hasn't come back up since so far. So hopefully was the car just having a funny 5 minutes.

So I think this will mean, weather dependant, that I will be doing a few jobs on the D3 next weekend, as my other motors are currently getting all the attention.

Post #16876062nd Aug 2016 9:47 pm
disco-nut

My Discovery 3 is sort of up for sale. Only advertised in 1 place and if I get offers near enough to my asking price then I will be letting my current Discovery 3 go. ONLY reason this has come about is because of my health. I have recently been diagnosed with Sciatica to add to my other problems and found driving ANY manual car including the Mondeo an excruciatingly painful experience after just a few miles, this was discovered a couple of weeks ago, although I have since found an off the shelf medication that helps and allowed me to drive the Discovery for nearly 200 miles last weekend with minimal pain. So I will just have to see how I go.

My Discovery is now displaying the airbag/seatbelt restraint warning light all the time so got to get that sorted before MOT time, Also believe that the other wheel bearing has just started to go on the front so that will be added to the repair list. I am finding the whole debating weather to sell or not really hard though as I am very attached to this motor. And if it wasn't for the fact that my Range Rover decided to burst its lower Rad pipe, the D3 would have been sorned already.

Sadly the Range Rover and Mondeo are having to take president at the moment. And if the new meds I am on help me long term then I will be looking to do a hell of a lot of work to my D3.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Post #169263216th Aug 2016 1:35 am
disco-nut

Discovery may be being swapped for an Auto Discovery 3 in the near future. If not, then I will be keeping it. I still love driving it, and have found that Liquitab Neurofen tablets make driving a manual possible again.

For now, my attention is firmly on my latest car addition, 55 Reg Renault Megane, needs a sensor to be fitted to make it run again, and then it will be up for sale.

Post #169671127th Aug 2016 2:12 am
archer74

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Sciatica is a pain in the ass... !!literally sometimes... i had it several years ago for a time but i'd highly recommend a trip to a chiropractor !!! took a few months but fixed me up Smile

Post #169779829th Aug 2016 6:44 pm
disco-nut

I was going to do a swap with a 52 reg Range Rover, the seller was very keen, but after taking a lot of advice and realising that the Range Rover was worth half of what my Discovery is too, I pulled out of the deal. So for now, The Discovery stays and I am now trying to find a way to get my P38 Auto on the road asap, although my elderly greyhound is very ill and yesterday I had to rush him to the vets and now I have a week of hell as he is on medication that may or may not help him. If the medication doesn't work by Friday, then my poor boy will have to be put to sleep. But thankfully he has improved a lot so far with the meds which he will be on for the rest of his life and as the medical insurance quote was double what my car is making the monthly installments a whopping £150 per month for 1 dog, I could not get him insured and the meds are going to cost £60 per month. But money is nothing when it comes to my pets. The vet stated that other than 1 problem, he is actually in remarkably good condition for a 13 year old Greyhound who was abused and starved up until he was 4 years old. So as long as he is not suffering and is happy, he will stay with me. Rambling over, I need to now go and get a load of other jobs done before my other half gets home from work lol Oh and neighbour from hell moved back full time and is back to making my life absolute hell.

Post #169838031st Aug 2016 12:31 am
disco-nut

Ok, something really unplanned happened. 9.25pm yesterday my Discovery went to a new owner. So I am no longer a Discovery owner. I ended up swapping it for a 2002 52 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Auto.

I miss my Discovery already, and hope the new owner looks after it. The Discovery is now living in Hove and will be travelling to Burgess Hill Regularly.

This forum has been fantastic. And who knows, if I end up hating the Range Rover, I will chop it in for a Discovery 3 auto lol.

This has been a great forum with lovely owners who helped making my ownership of the Discovery a great one.

Thank you.

This is the new beast.

Post #16997293rd Sep 2016 12:55 am
D16PJM

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just been having a read on the FFRR forum, seems poor old disco-nut has swapped with a bit of a lemon, lovely looking car with a gearbox fault and a few other issues along with a dishonest previous owner.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39301.html
 De tango
BAS remap
EGR blank
Colour coded
21" range rover wheels
tinted windows
side steps
3 blink, C.O.D 

Post #174797612th Dec 2016 10:51 pm
disco-nut

I wouldn't say it is a lemon anymore Laughing Spent enough getting it to where it is Rolling Eyes

But I love it to pieces. Needs a gearbox rebuild, parking sensor, all 3 chains and associated parts will be replaced, a new cat, and a replacement headlight, micro switch in the passenger power fold mirror, micro switch for the upper tail gate, a couple of interior trim panels as a bit tatty, 1 speaker, a rear light and handbrake repair and passenger occupancy seat sensor, lower suspension arm bushes on the front, and possibly an air suspension bag on the front passenger side and a height sensor on the front.

It won't go into fully extended mode on the rear, but does on the front,

All in all looking at the thick end of £3700 if I am careful with sourcing parts. Might be able to heavily reduce that bill if I can find a used gearbox which has been recently rebuilt professionally with paperwork to back that up.

The L322 is going into the garage at the end of the week for work that will definitely only need to tackled before the MOT test. Then it is going to be hardly used until I have the money for the gearbox and chains, as I have got my other Range Rover which is a P38 coming out of the garage this week which has had to have a new fusebox, custom built exhaust as old one was falling apart and it was cheaper for a custom exhaust than a standard one, so that will be my main car for a few months. Also been held up with other repairs to the L322 as my Mondeo chewed an injector and that is going in this week to be done as well. I miss by Discovery to a degree, but absolutely love my Range Rover. Even with the faults, it is amazing to drive. I love the heated seats, heated steering wheel etc... And yes the other guy got a great deal, but I don't regret it. And although I love D3's and D4's, I am not sure if I would ever go back to a Discovery 3 now. The heated seats have made a huge difference to my journeys and have helped a great deal by reducing the pain in my back and hips while driving and the fact it is auto helps a lot as well.

Karma will get the guy I did the deal with one way or another, hope they enjoy my old Discovery out in Syria which is where I have been lead to believe it is now.

Click image to enlarge

Post #174800312th Dec 2016 11:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 25 of 26 <123 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >