My 2005 Discovery 3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Solution 1/2 + 1/2 =1 Thumbs Up

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/sale-2004-5...92316.html
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #219729030th Dec 2020 12:42 am
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Cheers Moo, perfect idea, bad timing Rolling with laughter If I had the money, I would take that on.

Post #219745630th Dec 2020 4:38 pm
disco-nut

My friends are now doing my head in Laughing 2 of them now want to buy. Both made me good offers, told them both, 1st 1 with cash can buy it. Otherwise I keep it and fix it myself Shocked Laughing

Although the idea of someone else taking this project on is starting to look good to me Laughing

If I do take it on myself, I will have to find an alternative storage site so I can work on it while it is in storage at a later date to get it ready for another engine to be fitted, then get it home or transport it to a garage to complete the work.

Post #219759030th Dec 2020 9:24 pm
disco-nut

This project might just be about to make an unexpected giant leap forward.

I have been offered an engine from a D3 with head gasket failure for £75 if I remove it myself. Due to health and distance, will be easier to send a friend which in total will end up costing me around £500. This will then mean I will be making 1 good engine out of 2, using a lower mileage bottom end, but realise I then have to buy new timing belt kit and associated parts. But at the same time, a possible deal on another Discovery has been dangled in front of me, so this one is currently being advertised for sale as it is.

My head is all over the place as I am dealing with the sale of my partners Agila as he now has my Freelander, and I have a whole host of other stuff to get on with before I can get on to this car.

Post #222050526th Mar 2021 11:38 pm
disco-nut

With everything that is going on, I realised I don’t have the time to put this Discovery back on the road, I have an XC90, BMW 525, Disco 3 SE, L322 and a Sprinter as my daily drivers that are taking up my time as it is. So yesterday a friend offered me what I wanted and he is restoring it. The other decider too was the storage charges had increased. But I plan to help restore the Discovery with my friend.

Post #226248716th Nov 2021 6:56 am
nhollandsmith

Poland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
driver's side door trim

what is it with the driver's side plastic door trim, mine has fallen off and despite replacing all the plastic studs it won't stay on!!! Sad

I have seen a number of others also on this side, a common fault?

Post #226417726th Nov 2021 6:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco-nut

Well........ This has now been sold to a friend who is restoring it from the ground up. Starting with an engine change which might be being done on my drive.

Post #22656365th Dec 2021 6:05 pm
disco-nut

Ok, it seems that I keep ending up owning this one, so as it is still in storage, it can stay there until Summer, I left 1 job and now in a new job as well as running my own business, My mate who had bought this off of me and started paying instalments due to a family crisis could no longer afford to take this project on.

So now, as it is still in storage, I have decided to keep it. I am passively starting to look for bargain parts.

This summer I hope to have the parts together so I can put this on a ramp for a week, rebuild and upgrade it.

I am now looking for either a good engine, or one with top end failure so I can make 1 good engine out of 2.

Post #22771495th Feb 2022 8:23 am
disco-nut

Plot twist again with this D3, I started to break it, then a customer came and is thinking about buying the whole vehicle, BUT they also have a Range Rover TD6 that has had the electrics killed by another garage, and would like us to convert this to a TD6. I know it has already been done once before, but this is also going to be built as a heavy duty go pretty much anywhere roadworthy off roader. Just ironing out the final details and costs. I’m excited. We are also in the process of building a V8 Range Rover open top truck.

Post #231275528th Oct 2022 6:45 am
disco-nut

Project confirmed. And starts next week.

Post #231279428th Oct 2022 1:28 pm
disco-nut

Luckily I drew the contract up for this project, the customer was in fact unhappy when I repeated the costs involved explaining that he would be paying less than half the price of what it is going to cost me to build it as long as he was ok with me having my business name on the top of the windscreen and tailgate. He then revealed without telling me this up front, that he would need to pay in instalments once built! 😂🤣😂🤣, much to the customers shock - I pulled the plug on the project and when he rang again later the same day, I told it was too late as at this point we had already made huge progress in stripping the car to be sold for parts Rolling with laughter

I have no time for people who expect everyone else to take all the risk! All I asked him to pay up front was a deposit to cover the cost of purchasing the project vehicle, then any custom parts as the project progresses.

So it is with much regret, this one is being broken and scrapped as my business is in negotiations for a new much larger workshop and will hopefully be moving within 2 weeks, and I don’t want to be forking out transporting stuff I don’t need to.

Parts will be listed in the sales area later.

Post #23139437th Nov 2022 8:55 am
disco-nut

Well, sadly, today was the end of this Discovery, it was the final day of moving to a new premises so it was sent to to Scrap, Got some parts off of it that my mate and I needed for our D3's though and some parts I will be selling on including the 19" Alloys. I am actually pretty sad that it got scrapped though.

But that leaves me with the 08 Commercial and the 54 SE.

Post #232301816th Jan 2023 9:30 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >