DISCO4.COM > General

Only 3 days to go
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Only 3 days to go

Hello,

As some of you may be aware I will be picking my new Disco up on Thursday, 3 weeks earlier than originally thought (due to the dealer finding one that he could get his hands on earlier) Very Happy

I have gone for the silicon seal protection package for the paintwork, which also gives scotch guard on the seats inside the car.

Has anyone else had this done and if so what did they think to it?

Also is there anything I should look out for or ask about when I pick the Disco up on Thursday ( I will ask about the settings menu for you Simon Smile )

I must now work out how to get to sleep for the next three nights....... I am to excited Very Happy

Cheers in advance.

Marc.
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #112328th Feb 2005 11:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Marc,

I know the feeling Wink

What is the silicon seal your having ? Was this a LR option or your dealers ? Maybe I missed this when I ordered mine.

Does anyone know if its available after purchase ?

Cheers,

-s

Post #112428th Feb 2005 11:14 pm
marc

simon wrote:
Marc,

I know the feeling Wink

What is the silicon seal your having ? Was this a LR option or your dealers ? Maybe I missed this when I ordered mine.

Does anyone know if its available after purchase ?

Cheers,

-s

Simon,

The silicon seal is basically a layer that they coat the outside of the car with, which protects the car from muck and grime (and the suns bleaching effect) for up to 3 years. It also means that you don't have to (and are not suppose to) wax your car as all that is needed is a wash to get the showroom finish back.

It was offered when they told me about the insurance products that they offer (i.e. the tyre insurance and GAP insurance).

I decided to go for it as I used to wax my old car every other weekend and it used to take me hours, so you can imagine how long it would take me to wax the Disco.

I think you can get the protection after purchase as long as its not to long since purchase (otherwise they might seal in road grime etc.)

Hope this helps.

Marc

P.S. I have just seen my Disco this morning on the back of a transporter.... not long to go now Very Happy
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #11321st Mar 2005 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

OK Will do.

Post #11371st Mar 2005 6:35 pm
Pelyma

England 

Congratulations, I believe the seal can be done some time after purchase, but the guarantee period is much shorter.

Post #11341st Mar 2005 9:38 pm
simon

Any idea of costs for this... paint work only ?

-s

Post #11442nd Mar 2005 12:27 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Bah, silicon sealing.... proper washing and waxing is the only way to go Smile

If you've not got the time to spend cleaning your car then I can see why it's a good idea, but it can't really replace the satisfaction of a couple of hours spent with your dearest Wink

Can recommend some very good car care products if anyone's interested Very Happy

Martin

Post #11532nd Mar 2005 1:58 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Ordered my Disco 3 yesterday and went for the paint & fabric protection. Dealer price was £375+VAT but with very little persuading he did it for £275 Inc. VAT.
It's not silicone based, comes with a 6 year guarantee and a pack of special cleaning stuff that should last a year (which will no doubt cost a fortune to replace when I've used it up!). Protection is done by http://www.jewelultra.com, I've not had a chance to look round the site but hopefully it will reveal all.....

Simon

Post #11572nd Mar 2005 7:39 am
marc

Slimer wrote:
Ordered my Disco 3 yesterday and went for the paint & fabric protection. Dealer price was £375+VAT but with very little persuading he did it for £275 Inc. VAT.
It's not silicone based, comes with a 6 year guarantee and a pack of special cleaning stuff that should last a year (which will no doubt cost a fortune to replace when I've used it up!). Protection is done by http://www.jewelultra.com, I've not had a chance to look round the site but hopefully it will reveal all.....

Simon

Thats odd Question

My dealer sold it to me at £299 (without me haggling) but he said that it will protect for up to 3 years Question Confused

I wonder if different dealers use a different system?

I hope not because then I will have up to 6 years protection instead Very Happy

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Post #11602nd Mar 2005 2:22 pm
Pelyma

England 

Good luck today marc, I hope all goes well Very Happy

Post #11783rd Mar 2005 9:36 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Yes good luck. Just remember the moment you first sit in it, smell the new car, and savour it.

Post #11853rd Mar 2005 9:52 am
freeflytim

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Ahh, the smell. How nice. Mine, I think, Is going away. Damn

-TIM
Disco/LR3 HSE7
Silver/Black

Gareth wrote:
Yes good luck. Just remember the moment you first sit in it, smell the new car, and savour it.

Post #12124th Mar 2005 7:59 am
marc

Thank you for your thoughts Very Happy

I picked up the Disco last night..... What can I say other than WOW!!!

It is superb... I love it although it dosn't quite fit on the drive (it sticks out on to the pavement slightly) Smile

I can't believe how 'King of the Road' it makes you feel Very Happy All other cars look like dinky toys Smile

Anyway I am very impressed and hopefully it will serve me well for years to come.

Cheers again.

Marc

P.S. Simon, the settings menu does work as it should (I activated auto locking without any problems).
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Post #12194th Mar 2005 1:09 pm
FamilyMan

Glad you like it. Starting to see lots on the road now as the orders come through. I know what you mean about other cars, even other 4x4's are down there somewhere Laughing . I'm amazed at the D3's agility/turning circle for parking though, I've seen a Volvo 4x4 really struggle and eventually give up on a space the D3 sailed into. Maybe you could have a few rocks delivered for the drive and park it at an angle Twisted Evil . Have fun.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #12204th Mar 2005 1:24 pm
simon

Marc,

Thanks of for the news on the Settings Menu... I think Wink

Mine is in on the 14th for a SW upgrade to the air mixing in the climate control, apparently new SW that re-calibrates the park brake so erroneous warnings (orange light) go away and of course the hope is to be able to switch on my Settings Menu. This is rumoured to a 'feature' of V7 (update) of the workshop system.

Lets see what happens a week on Monday.

Will start to get really pushy if the Settings are not there and I have all you guys telling me it is one yours.

Fingers crossed.

-s

Post #12384th Mar 2005 10:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >