Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Other Site Sponsors

Altox Fan controller unit - now available :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Altox Fan controller unit - now available :)

The long awaited fan control unit (IPCU) for D3's without timed climate is now available, it's designed to work linked to an Altox wbus 5 controller.

I've not tested the therory as I've a D4, but I think it could work with other FBH controllers , this is yet to be proved .

Anyway, I'll be getting a delivery next week along with more FBH controllers

Price will be £175 inc RM special delivery

What you get, the IPCU module and a plug and play wiring loom that links into the back of the HVAC panel, giving fan control

Please PM me to pre order so I can ensure I order enough on the first delivery 8) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Full description for those that want the detail Thumbs Up

The ALTOX EUROPE D3/RRS EASY IPCU module is an extension to the ALTOX WBUS- 5 GPS /none GPS for Land Rover Discovery 3 and Range Rover Sport (through MY 2010) to control interior fans when the Webasto Thermotop V Heater is used as parking heater

It can also be used with any other device that controls the Webasto ThermoTop V Heater on the Land Rover Discovery 3 and Range Rover sport.

Easy to connect
Plug and Play behind HVAC system
No cutting wires under installation
Temperature controlled start by the ALTOX WBUS-5

CONTROL OF THE INTERIOR BLOWER

The D3/RRS EASY IPCU module turns on the inner fans. It controls the fan relay and regulates the fan speed. The fan speed can be adjusted via a trim potentiometer.

When controlled by the Altox W-bus 5, we recommend setting startup temperature for D3/RRS EASY IPCU between 40-50 Celcius , (this is done by texting LTEPM1:## to your Altox W-bus 5) to prevent unnecessary usage of battery power, then fans will not kick in before coolant is warm

Set potentiometer to a speed that equals between level 1 or 2 when using the temperature controlled startup

If used with other devices that can’t delay startup time it should and must only run relatively slowly. We recommend a speed equal to level 1 or less.

CONTROL OF THE VENTILATION FLAPS

In order to allow air to flow not only to the footwell but also to the windshield when the interior blower is switched on and to be routed through the heat exchanger, the D3/RRS EASY IPCU module interrupts the control lines to the actuators of the dampers with the ignition switched off. Thus, the vehicle can no longer automatically close the flaps around 2 minutes after the ignition is switched off.

The air distribution when switching on the fan is the same as before switching off the ignition. For optimal warming, the temperature should be set to maximum so that the mixing flap in front of the heat exchanger is completely open and, if necessary, the air distribution on the windshield. The Defrost setting is not recommended, as the temperature is not changed in this program and therefore the heat exchanger flap may not be fully open.

SUMMER / WINTER SWITCH

In order to avoid the calibration of the ventilation flaps each time the ignition is switched on, the IPCU module can be switched to summer mode via a switch provided. The switch can either be in the glove compartment (drilling needed) or simply remain behind the center console trim. If required, it can be removed within seconds and gives access to the switch.

CONTROLLING

The D3/RRS EASY IPCU module is powered/operated in 2 ways, depending on switch setting inside the D3/RRS EASY IPCU

A = +12 volt (one wire only)

B = +12 volt and Ground as control signal (Factory setting)

ALTOX Wbus-5

Switch set to B, Connect white and yellow wire from EASY IPCU to white and yellow wire from ALTOX Wbus-5

BAS-FBHIC3

Switch set to A, Connect white wire from EASY IPCU to brown wire on BAS-FBHIC3

BAS Intelligent FBH controller and other Controllers without Outpu

Switch set to A, Connect white wire from EASY IPCU to the FBH (top left plug, Black cable) because the OLD BAS control does not provide an output signal

Webasto timer

For the Webasto 1533 pre-selection clock, Pin 2 (Out / black) supplies the necessary switching voltage

Installation

The connection of the D3/RRS EASY IPCU module takes place behind climate control unit with the plug and play cable loom, then connected to controller or heater according to instructions

Will only be plug and play on cars with Seat heating, it is possible to connect without seat heating, but takes a little more work
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #18994679th Jan 2018 9:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alan B

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

No thanks Greg, I've not even got my Altox thingy fitted yet Embarassed Embarassed Big Cry
 D3 57 xs Stornaway grey
D2 02 commercial silver gone but a great servant and won't be forgotten

Iid Bluetooth 

Post #18994819th Jan 2018 10:17 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

What's that 14 months now Shocked

It's 3 wires Al Whistle

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Post #18995119th Jan 2018 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DazTDV6

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

PM sent Greg

Post #189959010th Jan 2018 9:14 am
badgerade

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Any ideas what is involved in the extra work for non heated seats?

Post #189959810th Jan 2018 9:34 am
PaulJC

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Maya GoldDiscovery 3

Will deffo add this to the shopping list once i get my FBH working Smile
 Maya Gold MY05 HSE, Duratracs, RLD Sump Guard, RLD CB Aerial Mount/AE6110, RLD Spare Anti Theft, Altox FBH Remote, T-Maxx Split Charging System, Rear Power Panel, Rock Sliders...

FBH Cable available for borrowing to pay something back for all the help... 

Post #189970910th Jan 2018 3:03 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

Got all your PMs, I’m away with work so working on 3G will be in touch tomorrow

Keep the interest rolling Thumbs Up

PM me for details

Post #189988110th Jan 2018 10:33 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

All Pmd replied too Thumbs Up

PM me for details

Post #190246717th Jan 2018 9:53 am
beanie
Site Sponsor 

Units going out the door at a fair rate of knots Mr. Green pm me to get yours Thumbs Up

PM me for details

Post #190560623rd Jan 2018 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >