Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 55 HSE - It never fails to suprise me!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Riccarton Disco

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
My 55 HSE - It never fails to suprise me!!

I bought my 55 HSE as it was pre the silly road tax prices - my last one was £500+ I seem to remember. It had reasonably high mileage at 160K but I know that if looked after that's not a problem to these cars.

The owner told me how it had had many thousands recently spent on it and produced a list of things done. Very comprehensive and seemed like an honest chap.

That's where the fun begins but luckily I enjoy working on it Rolling with laughter The picture is of the rear diff drain plug. The oil was more like treacle!! The gearbox was supposed to have had a quick change filter fitted and the oil changed - NOPE!! Rolling with laughter The oil was so bad it wasn't funny and the TC really didn't like it!! I replaced the TC and with the gearbox out made sure all the oil was out for a complete drain / refill.

Apparently it needed the handbrake adjusting - NOPE Rolling with laughter The backplates had rotted away and the shoes had delaminated!!

The list goes on and on - not one single thing that was promised has been done!!

However, I bought it 18 months ago and it's still going strong despite the previous owner lying through his teeth. It's been owned by someone on here before the previous chap - in the North East.

I've just about rebuilt the entire car and it's done 15k since I bought it - it's only used for towing duties so can be off road when I'm working on it.

Jobs still to be done - new glow plugs - they're all fubar'd and a new drivers seat as it has a split and there is a wiring fault to the airbag in the back rest.

I'll run it 'til it drops and then go for a D4 SDV6 as a long term keeper Thumbs Up

Post #216389127th Jul 2020 7:26 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Not mine, wrong colour and mine was stripped & scrapped. Whistle Whistle

Post #216389327th Jul 2020 7:29 pm
Sea Raider

Nor mine, I think. Hopefully the scrapper should still be sitting on the drive 70 miles away but then I've not checked since lockdown. Mr. Green

Post #216389927th Jul 2020 7:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >