Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

850miles in just over 24hrs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
850miles in just over 24hrs

We undertook a small jaunt to legoland at the weekend for my sons 6th birthday.
Down on the Friday night, fun in the park on Saturday and straight back home once the park closed. Just over 850miles, £160 derv, £40 in motorway services (Bloody rip-off!!) and one seriously happy wee man.

The D3 performed without a single hitch. 8 hours to get down after getting caught in the holiday weekend traffic at Knutsford on the M6 Sad , with an altogether respectable return time of 6 hours, from Windsor to Edinburgh. The M6 Toll is well worth the £3.50

I've said it before, but I'm in awe at what this car can do. Chuck it round a field and cruise home afterwords, or eat the miles up as a motorway cruiser.

Two observations about English motorways. You see loads of D3's in the outside lanes Very Happy and the amount of broken down cars on the hard shoulder. Every few miles someone was parked up Confused

And to add a little excitment, I aided a chap whos car was starting to go on fire under the dash. First time I've ever used the car fire extinguisher.

An eventful couple of days.....

Post #6087029th May 2006 11:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Sounds a marvellous day.

£160 derv sounds a lot for 850 miles (although depends how you drive) - mind you I guess you bought at motorway prices.

It makes my organisation for daughter's 6th party last month look pretty meagre. The usual church hall / magician / entertainer was well trumped by your efforts. Rest assured I WON'T be showing her what you did for your son - otherwise the precendent will well and truly be set for next year.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #6087329th May 2006 11:41 am
jkp

Scotland 

KL wrote:

£160 derv sounds a lot for 850 miles (although depends how you drive) - mind you I guess you bought at motorway prices.

£90 to fill up before leaving and 'topped' it up with £70 as we left Slough. Right foot was a little heavy, only managed 24-25mpg indicated on the dash. Although I did use cruise control a lot and aircon full blast on the way down, which probably did not help. There is a considerable difference in mpg with 70-80mph compared to higher than that....(so I'm told Embarassed Rolling Eyes )

Post #6091129th May 2006 4:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crvfr

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I went down to Bath (from Durham) & back in the day for a Championship Dog Show on Saturday. 620 miles round trip and overall 29.5 mpg at around 75-79 mph. I've never done this trip in any car I've owned and still felt perfectly OK at the end of it, a very realaxing drive. Looking forward to taking it to France next week.

Regards,

Charles

Post #6093229th May 2006 6:19 pm
croyde

Off to the South of France this weekend with the Missus and our three kids so we'll see how the beast really performs.

BTW does anybody know whether the Ferry companies would let you on an earlier boat even tho' you had booked a later one.

Changed the booking at some cost a month or so ago but now I think that I can make the earlier ferry?

Anyone had any luck in that dept.

Post #6119430th May 2006 8:15 pm
Bogblaster

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I have driven over to the in-laws in the Czech Republic a number of times - 1100 miles in 18 hours non stop (apart from fuel and toilet breaks for the wife Sad ) Having driven it in the wifes Skoda 1.9 TDi and an old shape Disco I can say with confidence that this is undoubtedly the best continental tourer around. In both the Skoda and the old Disco on arrival I slept for 12 hours and woke up still feeling tired, in the Disco 3 I have a normal nights sleep and could feel able to drive home again, It is one hell of a good car, and autobhan driving is definitely it's forte, sits at 90 and is so quiet.
 D4 HSE Luxury SDV6,
Cameras, tow assist
Defender 90 Adventure
A4 Avant 3.0l TDI Twisted Evil
CLUB MTR
CLUB BLACK ALLOY
CLUB FFRR RIMS
CLUB VREDESTEIN WINTRAC 4 EXTREME 

Post #6132231st May 2006 9:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: