Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

ABS modulator disc
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mamba

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
ABS modulator disc

well the part eventually arrived today Smile but no disc with it to calibrate the unit Big Cry Big Cry

Anybody with some inside info as to where we can get one of these discs as the dealership seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place( I think in India some where)

Thanks chaps

Post #54041626th Oct 2009 6:17 pm
mamba

right, so the technical guys got back to me.It is not a disc they need. they need a calibration kit as the pressure within the unit needs to be calibrated properly and they have not had to do this for a car other than the ones on the production line, so they don't know how to do it Big Cry Big Cry

Bloody hell!! it might be easier getting a new car off the production line... lets see what the update will be tomorrow. I unfortunately feel a rejected vehicle on the way here Crying or Very sad

Post #54043526th Oct 2009 6:55 pm
mamba

some promising news today, there are another 2 vehicles sharing the same fate as mine Big Cry

Still no fix, and the guys at landrover are not sure what the time scales are going to be either.... I heard them speaking about something called a "yours unit" forgive the ungraceful spelling there but i have no idea what the hell that would be.

possibly a further 2 weeks to wait, which is rather disgraceful!!

Oh well, next time i will wait for the second batch to come off the production line!!

Post #54199029th Oct 2009 4:57 pm
Ecosse

This just brings back memories of the early Disco 3's where we felt we were being treated as little more than Beta testers. Evil or Very Mad Either LR just never learn, or this indicates what they think of their customers.

Having suffered this with the early batch of D3's, I feel very sorry for you Big Cry as you would have thought that LR would have got to grips with QC by now.

Perhaps if you send a note to BBC watchdog, and some of the motoring press + then copy it direct to David Smith (the JLR boss) making it clear who it has been sent to, it will make them sit up Shocked , but my experience is that if matters then go to their so called "Executive" you will suffer nothing but fob-off attempts until they realise you will not go away & are prepared to take action against them if necessary.

Can you share with us which dealership is involved, and what they have done so far as a loan car is concerned (you should be due one under the LR warranty?)

Post #54200529th Oct 2009 5:33 pm
mamba

Hi Ecosse.

Here is the original post which should answer some of the questions you posed. I think Land rover are starting to get the message now.. Will have to wait and see what comes from it though!

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic40593-15.html

Post #54207629th Oct 2009 7:00 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

AAaaaaagh!!!! Hey Mamba sorry you've had a problem and I hope they sort it out very soon and treat you like a king at the dealership but.......Watchdog???? Really?? This is one car that's got a problem and a bunch of technicians are doing their very best to keep a valued customer happy by sorting out as quickly as they can.( I hope! Whistle )

When I had a D3 it had a whole bunch of problems that the early days and members of this forum were very helpful with, but I lost it a bit and stopped logging on because of the totally negative litigious guys on here putting their ideas of how to deal with these situations into peoples heads.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #54218929th Oct 2009 10:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mamba

well it has been some time now since i saw my Disco 4 Big Cry Big Cry They managed to get the calibration sorted for the ABS module but alas, the fault has not been rectified.

I am in a catch 22 now where the ball is rolling for the rejection of the vehicle, but as most of you know there just aren't any vehicles to be had. I have looked at some good deals for new Disco 3's at the dealership but it is not a Disco 4 now is it??

We have until tomorrow to get it sorted so lets hope that is gets done this time !!

Post #5458884th Nov 2009 9:08 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Bad luck, hope you get things sorted, you will miss the D4 if you cannot get it resolved[/list]
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #5458914th Nov 2009 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mamba

jeees Russel, make me feel better why don't you Smile

I will miss it though!

Post #5458964th Nov 2009 9:23 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

What spec have you got, my local dealer has several on fourcourt and in the show room must be able to get a replacment under rejection ?
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #5459004th Nov 2009 9:27 pm
mamba

had a xs with rear camera, steps, privacy glass, side rubbing strips. I am really hoping it gets sorted though! If the rejection proceeds it means a whole new ball game as far as refunds goes etc...

I live in hope to get behind the wheel of the Disco soon though. Thanks for the heads up as far as the vehicles go, if all else fails I will definately be in touch.

Thanks Russell

Post #5459134th Nov 2009 9:35 pm
Ecosse

Russell wrote:
What spec have you got, my local dealer has several on fourcourt and in the show room must be able to get a replacment under rejection ?

It seems only some dealers have short supply with others holding unsold stock, although with the factory lead time it's too late for a new factory order before 2010 but there are an increaing number of nearly new/pre-reg D4's on autotrader, so I suspect we will find that the supply-demand imbalance has to an extent been perceived rather than real Wink

And once the current rush for cars pre-vat increase is over, we may well see a drop in demand with consequent impact on prices just as happened with the D3 Shocked

Post #5460344th Nov 2009 11:43 pm
mamba

Well it was always going to happen, get the rejection almost completed and the car decides to behave and the software for the update works.

Nice to have her back Very Happy

A nice Sunday drive is in order I feel, even through this Censored weather that is here at the moment.

1 x happy man= 1 x extatic wife Thumbs Up

Post #5471136th Nov 2009 8:30 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I wonder if the delay was because the IDS release that fully covers the D4 has only just been released.....? Confused

There were a number of modules that the previous release could not read/write if they were replaced - which is what happened in your case. It would be interesting to know if the dealer was able to resolve this with your vehicle once they had installed IDS v.119. Apparently it takes five hours to install!

Very glad to hear that all is now as it should be.

Enjoy! Thumbs Up

Post #5471206th Nov 2009 8:48 pm
mamba

Not sure Winger to tell you the honest truth. Everything got sorted within 14 hours so sounds like you could be spot on there. I got the car late this afternoon so did not really have too much chance to get the lowdown on the actual fix.

Will be sure to get an update during the week from the servicing guys and let you know.

But I am struggling with one of these at the moment Mr. Green

Post #5471456th Nov 2009 9:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >