Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ACC (adaptive Cruise Control) Retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 19 <123 ... 131415 ... 171819>
Dondiddy

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Happy to report that I now have fitted ACC to my Disco 4 2016MY and have it working as it should! Many thanks to forum member Raoul Heinze (LittleCar23122015) for all info provided which made the job so much easier!
Thanks also to Pat at Gap for providing the necessary software changes and to Colin at BBS for1st kicking off the possibility of a retrofit. To answer some of the earlier questions on this thread, Yes it does work the brakes and throttle to slow down the car when needed! Also gives you Forward alert. Much easier on the later models(2016)(which I think is also on 2012 onwards) as the wiring is already in place and you only need the steering wheel switches and the radar unit as it also has the ecu built into it. No other parts needed other than a tool to make the ccf changes. A great addition! Thumbs Up

Post #218366431st Oct 2020 5:27 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Fantastic- could you post details on thread as it’s something I’d love to get done Thumbs Up
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #218366731st Oct 2020 5:44 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Dondiddy wrote:
Happy to report that I now have fitted ACC to my Disco 4 2016MY and have it working as it should! Many thanks to forum member Raoul Heinze (LittleCar23122015) for all info provided which made the job so much easier!
Thanks also to Pat at Gap for providing the necessary software changes and to Colin at BBS for1st kicking off the possibility of a retrofit. To answer some of the earlier questions on this thread, Yes it does work the brakes and throttle to slow down the car when needed! Also gives you Forward alert. Much easier on the later models(2016)(which I think is also on 2012 onwards) as the wiring is already in place and you only need the steering wheel switches and the radar unit as it also has the ecu built into it. No other parts needed other than a tool to make the ccf changes. A great addition! Thumbs Up

Which radar sensor unit is it, do you have the part number for the MY13 on D4?
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #218367231st Oct 2020 6:06 pm
Dondiddy

I used DPLA9G768AD which is from a 2014 L405.I needed to get it flashed with the correct Firmware from Gap via their Fastlane service as I had multiple fault codes when first fitted. Mods, Hopefully I can post the website address on here. I have no connection to them. It has a detailed how to on their site and I found it very helpful. See Discovery-parts.DE " Landrover things" for more info. Pretty straight forward on later vehicle , Remove front bumper, wiring should be clipped to front crossmember, mount Radar unit to front crossmember in a central position(this needs a bit of diy/trimming of the original bracket/drilling holes in the bracket/crossmember to allow bolting on. Adjust so that it sits vertical /horizontal. Fit steering wheel switches, then you need a tool such as a GapIID/Nanocom to make the ccf changes listed on the Discovery-parts website, There are 8 in total although I also activated the collision avoidance braking. I am happy to provide any info that I can to help(as others that have helped me) but can only confirm what worked for me. I have a 2016 MY but understand(but cannot confirm) that from 2012 on it should be the same set up with the wiring already in place. Thumbs Up

Post #218367931st Oct 2020 6:30 pm
darrind

Well I’ve got the switches for the steering wheel so I’m half way there...
Post #218371231st Oct 2020 8:00 pm
Dondiddy

There are a few radar units on Ebay. That`s where I got mine from. Some of the Jaguar ones can be used as well but will definitely need reflashed with the correct firmware to work correctly. Thumbs Up

Post #218371531st Oct 2020 8:08 pm
darrind

Its definitely high on the list of things to do...
Post #21837541st Nov 2020 12:20 am
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

Priced out the ACC radar pack this morning at the dealer - $2,053 Shocked
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #218595310th Nov 2020 7:27 pm
Dondiddy

You should hunt out a used unit from Ebay. I got mine for £250 (around $320).You will need the radar and the separate Ecu as you have a D3. Good luck! (sorry I just noticed you also have a D4. You just need the radar unit and the steering wheel switch pack.)

Post #218595810th Nov 2020 7:34 pm
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

When you add this, can you disable/toggle it and go back to dumb cruise control?
I looked on the internet and people said that the (adjustable) distance it keeps between you and the vehicle in front allows "less than polite" drivers to cut in thus slowing you down to maintain the gap. So some trips it would be best off.

Thought I would ask before doing it as the only "buttons" to add on a D4 is the new switchpack on the steering wheel with the increase/decrease distance on the sides. Can't see how it is turned on/off from these.

Thanks
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #218644812th Nov 2020 12:58 pm
Dondiddy

You use the standard set/resume/cancel buttons to enable /disable the cruise but there is not an option to revert back to standard cruise. I have not found cars cutting in front an issue as for there to be an issue it would have to cut in and then slow down in front of you in which case your car slows down accordingly. I use mine with either a 3 or 4 gap and find it works fine. If a car did cut in front the standard cruise then becomes dangerous as it will just keep going regardless of how close you are getting which I think is the whole point of having adaptive cruise.. It is a much more relaxed journey with adaptive cruise rather than standard cruise.
I have tested the responses quite a bit since fitting mine and I find that the cruise takes a decision to slow down or not pretty much in line with how I would react if I was driving normally. I have even let it drive me right up to a stationary line of traffic at a roundabout and was very impressed with when it decided it was going to brake to stop a collision. Be aware that if slowing down quickly the cruise will drop out at 20 mph with a message that the driver has to intervene. I now use the cruise on a regular basis when I would never really use it at all previously as I felt with cruise on I had to be more aware of that was happening in front as I had less control over the car. I suppose other drivers may have different opinions but for me it has been a great addition. Thumbs Up

Post #218645112th Nov 2020 1:20 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

darrind wrote:
Well I’ve got the switches for the steering wheel so I’m half way there...

What switches have you got and where from?
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #218914324th Nov 2020 7:55 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Dondiddy wrote:
I used DPLA9G768AD which is from a 2014 L405.I needed to get it flashed with the correct Firmware from Gap via their Fastlane service as I had multiple fault codes when first fitted. Mods, Hopefully I can post the website address on here. I have no connection to them. It has a detailed how to on their site and I found it very helpful. See Discovery-parts.DE " Landrover things" for more info. Pretty straight forward on later vehicle , Remove front bumper, wiring should be clipped to front crossmember, mount Radar unit to front crossmember in a central position(this needs a bit of diy/trimming of the original bracket/drilling holes in the bracket/crossmember to allow bolting on. Adjust so that it sits vertical /horizontal. Fit steering wheel switches, then you need a tool such as a GapIID/Nanocom to make the ccf changes listed on the Discovery-parts website, There are 8 in total although I also activated the collision avoidance braking. I am happy to provide any info that I can to help(as others that have helped me) but can only confirm what worked for me. I have a 2016 MY but understand(but cannot confirm) that from 2012 on it should be the same set up with the wiring already in place. Thumbs Up

Is it possible to to see if the loom is there without taking the bumper off from underneath the car?- this is almost a dream come true Thumbs Up
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #218914624th Nov 2020 8:01 am
Dondiddy

Sadly no you can`t see if the wiring is there without removing the bumper and as another member (RATA1) has just found out a vehicle you would think has it (XXV) doesn`t! so it would appear very random whether the wiring is there or not. There are 2 switches depending on the colour of your steering wheel. There are a couple of options for the switch pack depending on what trim the steering wheel has.
LR062416 for colour keyed wheel
LR062417 for gloss black Only really available from Landrover ( £132 +vat) although there are some Range Rover Sport steering wheels around that have the ACC switches fitted for sale although you have to watch out as some will be pre 2012 which will not work on the later Discoveries!
There is another thread running on the same subject (adaptive-cruise-control-2016-discovery-4) which has photos and info on where the wiring is /location of radar unit etc and is very helpful if you are thinking about fitting it! Thumbs Up

Post #218915924th Nov 2020 8:40 am
Mcflori

Germany 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

And what about an endoscopic camera?
I ordered one. as soon as it has been delivered I will try to take a look.

Post #218918924th Nov 2020 9:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 14 of 19 <123 ... 131415 ... 171819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >