DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Adrian Flux, buyer beware!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
dtest

United Kingdom 
Re: Adrian Flux, buyer beware!

2DISCO3ORNOT wrote:
I have just recently completed a years insurance with Adrian Flux. During the period we had our car vandalised and subsequently made an insurance claim to have it fixed at a cost of £4k. We we enquired about the status of our no claims bonus before proceeding, and were sent a letter stating that it would not be effected. We went ahead and had a LR approved garage carry out the works.
We have just received our renewal letter and our premium has gone from £678 to £2500 and our no claims bonus has been nullified.
I have spent hours on the phone with customer services and their claims dept. to no avail they are now saying that the letter is a mistake and unless I pay RSA (the underwriters) back the £4k I will not get my 40% NCB reinstated.
I wouldnt mind so much but this mistake makes our vehicle completely unaffordable and nigh on uninsurable for the future.
Does anyone know what my legal stand point is on this?
Any input on this will be gratefully received Thumbs Up

Simple breach of contract claim.

You have 2 choices.....go to another insurer and the sue Flux for your additional costs OR

Stay with flux and sue them for the price increase and loss of NCB and any other associated costs.

Insurance ombudsman is slow and laborious (and flux know this) so small claims for now although if NCB is 'lost' for a number of years then your claim may escalate substantially.

If you have legal cover with home insurers then they should fund this type of claim Smile

Flux were VERY stupid writing such a letter...but they did....their mistake so make 'em pay Smile

Post #78837621st Apr 2011 5:25 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Adrian Flux, buyer beware!

dtest wrote:
2DISCO3ORNOT wrote:
I have just recently completed a years insurance with Adrian Flux. During the period we had our car vandalised and subsequently made an insurance claim to have it fixed at a cost of £4k. We we enquired about the status of our no claims bonus before proceeding, and were sent a letter stating that it would not be effected. We went ahead and had a LR approved garage carry out the works.
We have just received our renewal letter and our premium has gone from £678 to £2500 and our no claims bonus has been nullified.
I have spent hours on the phone with customer services and their claims dept. to no avail they are now saying that the letter is a mistake and unless I pay RSA (the underwriters) back the £4k I will not get my 40% NCB reinstated.
I wouldnt mind so much but this mistake makes our vehicle completely unaffordable and nigh on uninsurable for the future.
Does anyone know what my legal stand point is on this?
Any input on this will be gratefully received Thumbs Up

Simple breach of contract claim.

You have 2 choices.....go to another insurer and the sue Flux for your additional costs OR

Stay with flux and sue them for the price increase and loss of NCB and any other associated costs.

Insurance ombudsman is slow and laborious (and flux know this) so small claims for now although if NCB is 'lost' for a number of years then your claim may escalate substantially.

If you have legal cover with home insurers then they should fund this type of claim Smile

Flux were VERY stupid writing such a letter...but they did....their mistake so make 'em pay Smile

Totally agree and this seems to be a recurring issue. Don't Censored about with the ombudsman, go Small Claims as described and let them know you'll be providing a running update on every LR and 4x4 forum you can find.

You would be well advised to avoid Flux as it seems nothing they sell is quite what it seems. I'd also write to the Chief Executive of RSA with copies of the correspondence and ask them if it is RSA or Flux who are making this decision, as it is not how a respectable financial institution should behave, and you will be writing to the financial pages of the Telegraph or some other well known and reasonably respectable paper to outline your problems.
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #78920024th Apr 2011 11:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >