Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Advice on new D4 accessories & Hi-Ice upgrade.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AndyCam

Ireland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
Advice on new D4 accessories & Hi-Ice upgrade.

Hi I am new to this site but not to the Landrover Discovery, I had a Disco 3 for almost 5 years and loved it. However it was time to move on and I am waiting on a Orkney Grey D4 which should be here in Ireland late October. It is the 5 seat utility version which is only available here in ireland but has a similar spec to the XS. As you can imagine I have lots of questions since finding this site but will only as a few for the time being. I want to get mats, mud flaps, extended roof rails, rear light guards and side steps. I am looking for recommendations on somewhere to get these that have a good service and will send to Ireland at a reasonable price.

I have looked at the side steps and the genuine LR steps in Ireland come in at over £830 (€1050) which is nuts and a complete rip off from what i have seen online. Can someone tell me what the big difference is between Genuine LR side steps and OEM style side steps. The look identical but are very different in price.

I had rubber mats in my D3 and am tempted to get the premium carpets in the D4, how durable are these and easy to clean.

My last question is regarding the info screen for the radio. It may be possible for me at this stage to change for the standard screen to the Hi-Ice option, however this does not have Sat Nav enabled on it but does have the updated sound system & touch screen. I don't know how much this update is in the UK but it cost an extra £2000 (€2500) here in Ireland. Its seems like a lot of money for something that isn't fully functional.

I look forward to being enlightened with you knowledge.

Cheers,

Andrew

Post #98147925th Sep 2012 11:33 am
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I just bought some steps from ebay for £165, quality is VERY similar to LR, very pleased with them

Post #98151525th Sep 2012 1:38 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #98152925th Sep 2012 2:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >