Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Advice please -MY11 v MY12 and misinformation...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Glad you got it sorted. Dealer was being more than a bit naughty there I feel

Post #8562468th Nov 2011 5:43 am
Calcul@tor

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

I agree. I don't think you were being particularly naive - you asked the correct questions and were given false answers. At best, I think this is actually very sharp practice by the salesman / dealership - at worst, it is almost tantamount to fraud! It's certainly misrepresentation.

There should be absolutely no question of them returning your deposit - they are certainly not doing you a favour by doing so. I think I'd also want to raise the issue at a higher level with in the dealership and if you get attitude at all from them, perhaps suggest you ask Trading Standards to mediate!

The MY11 is a great vehicle, and I'm sure you'd be very happy with one, but not when you could have had a MY12 for similar money, if you're prepared to wait.

Some people want/need a vehicle immediately - if they're happy to make an informed choice to opt for a MY11 now, I don't have a problem, or if the deal for a MY11 is better than for a similarly spec'd MY 12 - it's when a dealer tries to pass off older stock as the most up-to-date model, that they really ought not to be allowed to get away with it. Evil or Very Mad
 D4 XS MY12 Galway  
Post #8563118th Nov 2011 11:38 am
Jezza down under

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Just been through the same saga here in Australia. Ordered a D4 HSE SDV6, White, electric diff, big sound, cooler box, X-bars and Alpine sun roof, General Grabber upgrade.
It arrived last Friday and the sale note was emailed to me with MY11 on it ...
Of course I'd waited from June, ordered specifically in the MY12 build window and when that came on the sale note ... Censored me!
I checked with the forum and there is a VIN identifier - the 10th letter on the VIN must be "C" ... that denotes MY2012

That is all

carry on !

greetings from Austrlaia!
Jezza
 1 beer is too many, 100 is not enough.
D3 HSE 2.7 zermatt, rails, bars, dvd, cooler box, alpine roof, LR extra warranty (16 major warranty claims to date) LH tie rods x2, RH tie rods x 3, rear seat base, 2 air sus bags, F and R diffs, FRHS axle, RLHS axle, park brake, ICE facia, turbo hoses, spare lowering aperatus, wheel brace and counting. 

Post #86178521st Nov 2011 11:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CarlFraz

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

So Moxox what ya doing from now then?? I too had a lucky escape ... Bought a used MY11 which has power reduction issues and on closer inspection some crash damage history, so was going to reject the car back to the supplying dealer. Been to my preferred local dealer and my perfect spec MY12 D4 HSE is sitting there in the compound having been dealer swapped into their care two days previously!!! So said Censored it! Was given a great trade price for the old one today pic the new one up on Monday next week Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Sorry for you guys who have ordered for four months and are waiting but to have the right colour with privacy glass, tow pack & 20" alloys was an absolute Pearl of luck - no wait ideal.....and yes I check the drive consul is the rotary dial with paddle shift. Thumbs Up

Post #86226323rd Nov 2011 12:02 am
D4mation

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

With your luck Carl you will probably win the lottery this week !
 MY12 D4 HSE Ipanema Sand  
Post #86255323rd Nov 2011 6:48 pm
CarlFraz

Reckon it must worth a quid just for the chance... Laughing

Post #86262223rd Nov 2011 8:45 pm
moxox

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

CarlFraz,
I rather lost my nerve about a new D4, although I did get my deposit back, the salesman found a MY12 but the spec wasn't right (big wheels, wood kit, no privacy) and offered very little discount. So, I have taken a different path. Because we've never had a Discovery (I've had an old RangeRover tho') and that may wife will be the main user we bought a low mileage D3HSE, to explore how well the car suited our lifestyle. The colour and spec are great, and to be honest I've really appreciated the HSE extras.
In a year or two ( I retire in mid 2013) I may buy new (D6 anyone?) but currently we're both very happy with our decision...Although I don't think I'd settle for a GS having been spoilt!
I'm now a regular viewer on the D3 forum (and gaining confidence to contribute too!)
I'm looking forward to fitting the FBH remote, and am wanting to buy some snow chains ready for our trip to Germany in December with our 5 kids!

Post #86269423rd Nov 2011 10:32 pm
CarlFraz

Moxox, great that you achieved best alround deal for you eventually. I, like you, knew what I wanted and agree it had to be HSE spec. I know it sounds snobbish (I don't wish too appear that way) but felt i would also regret getting anything less than a HSE, hence why I bought the used one instead of a new XS. I sort of regret buying the used one due to the car having a suspicious history, but in otherways had I bought new 5 months ago, I wouldn't now be awaiting the 2012 model which I am excited to collect Monday!!!! Thumbs Up Today we had the TV/DVD/GAME SYSTEM removed from the old car and the new car is booked in tomorrow to have it reinstalled. Lucky Censored on your retirement in the near future I still have many years to go yet Big Cry The guys on these sites are pretty good!! I was a long term member on Freel2.com having had two HSE Baby Landies and went to Tong offloading....great days were had!! Good you are building confidence to post though as many questions can be answered for you. Enuff from me anyway... Good luck and speak soon!!

Post #86270923rd Nov 2011 10:52 pm
Smids

2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I'm on my second Disco 4, current vehicle is XS MY 11. I've just ordered the MY12 for March Delivery, Land Rover's web site seems to say they have Xenon lamps and then show them as extra's, suspect its an error on the site ( no Xenon's from reading the threads ). For all of the other members ordering their cars, don't forget the NFU voucher, I didn't know about it for my first car, could have kicked myself. This time I'm getting a factory build, the privacy glass post dealer fit has been a nightmare

Post #8657581st Dec 2011 1:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >