DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Aerial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Aerial

Question for the experts.

Does the D3 send any voltage down the aerial cable to an amplifier for the rear FM aerial

Flack Confused

Post #45883225th Apr 2009 4:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The Head unit has a separate supply for the aerial amplifier.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #45895526th Apr 2009 4:50 am
Flack

12 volts Down Aerial

Well I attached my TMC antenna to my car Aerial and it lasted two days and then died, there must be a supply to it some how because the TMC circuit board was fried. Can anybody say 100% that the D3 with a 6 cd head does not send 12 volts down the aerial to boost the signal.

CarverD3 thanks for your reply but I don't want to fry another TMC anntena ...

Flack

Post #4648789th May 2009 3:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

So you just connected it to the antenna co-axial cable and it got fried? Shocked
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #46502510th May 2009 1:45 am
Flack

Yes but its done two modules now so I can only assume that there is voltage down the aerial .. I have tested the aerial at both ends but can't find any voltage.. but it seems very strange its done two units in and they both lasted the same time .. Its a strange one.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #46514710th May 2009 12:52 pm
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

How about connecting a small capacitor in series with the signal wire to the TMC module?
About 1nF or so.
 Clive

Post #46515210th May 2009 1:19 pm
caverD3

Flack
You have a PM. I am having trouble with messages about my Pms being sent out. So you have to go and look at your inbox.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #46516810th May 2009 2:11 pm
Flack

crwoody wrote:
How about connecting a small capacitor in series with the signal wire to the TMC module?
About 1nF or so.

I had one on my second tmc antenna and it lasted just the same amount of time as the first one, so you can see why i am a little hesitant to try another and have it go the same way. Or I have just been unlucky with two faulty units. But once you have cut the antenna lead to join to the cars aerial I can't send them back under warranty if they fail..........

thanks for the help guys..

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #46518210th May 2009 3:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >