Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Airbag warning light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
croyde

Airbag warning light

Many miles now with no gremlins and first service at 9000 odd miles and 1 year old for free due to earlier problems with the dealer.

BUT now the airbag warning light keeps coming on. Is this another spurious errant light or sensor, do I believe it? but does this mean that the airbags will not work.

Well I'm not going back to the original dealer but I have noticed that Dover Court in Battersea have started a LR dealership so anyone here that can recommend them or give them a thumbs down.

Oh! and since the service the Disco feels much faster but the MPG has gone right down. Has anyone else had this after the latest software upgrade.

During the warm months we were getting about 20 mpg around town but it is now struggling to hit 17 and this without the FBH cutting in. Our winter mpg was about 17 Sad

Post #908433rd Oct 2006 8:17 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Had the airbag issue - dealer changed faulty driver airbag. As for mpg, cant say I have seen a change post enhancement- 27mpg on average with mixed driving from TDV6 auto diesel. However, I am never really sure if and when we get upgraded to which software release.
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #908853rd Oct 2006 10:30 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My fuel economy went to hell after the enhancement but it turned out I had a corrupted software file and the new software failed to take properly.
Any other symptoms?
Is the suspension stiffer than pre enhancement?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #909193rd Oct 2006 11:31 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

My MPG has gone right down after the enhancements too. I now get 23mpg normally, and never above 25mpg. Before it was normally around 26mpg, best at 28mpg.
 Matt  
Post #910034th Oct 2006 11:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

No difference here, 27-29 mpg, unless I'm being naughty Twisted Evil
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #910094th Oct 2006 11:45 am
newowner

Romania 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
engine stop!

hy there,
i brought a new disco3 two weeks ago an the troubles started 10 minutes after leaving the dealership:
-the passenger air bag light went on and the engine stoped in the meadle of the road; the dealer came to rescue us but he couldn`t tell us what the problem was so the car went back in the service for a new checkup.
- today the car came out from the service and they told us everything was ok so we went for a drive; after 10 miles of driving and enjoying our new "healthy" disco3 the engine stoped and didn`t want to start again.
-now the car is on it`s way to the service.

has any of you experienced this before?
is disco such a crappy car ?
 funny this system works!?  
Post #913745th Oct 2006 3:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

Sounds like you've been very unlucky - stick with it though, when they sort the problems out you've got a brilliant car
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #913755th Oct 2006 4:18 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Sorry to hear that newowner. Hmmm doesn't sound very good does it....did the dealer tell you what the original problem was. It is unusual to find the engine cutting out and no re-start.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #913935th Oct 2006 5:25 pm
newowner

Romania 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
another "delivery" day came ....

whell here i am,
yesterday the car was finally delivered to us, it is gorgeous, it runs like a tone and a half car and it handles as one too.

the airbag light coming on they sad, it was due to a malfunction of the airbag mecanism and they changed it with a new one
the engine failure was caused by some electrical mecanism that came broken from start and it caouldn`t be datected by the onboard computer here is a photo of it:[IM000057.JPG] HTTP://image_url[/IM000057.JPG] Shocked they tried to explain it is the piece that let`s fuel to the injectors.anywho, they changer that too.

i hope, the troubles have stoped for now atleast and i`ll certainly have a lot of fun driveing it.
p.s. for all the trouble the deallership has caused us, they offered us free spare parts if it`ll broke in the future for 100000 km, no years limit and some accesories.[/img]
 funny this system works!?  
Post #9334312th Oct 2006 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >