Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Alternator charge voltage sorted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Alternator charge voltage sorted

Well, after many hours at the dealers (over 12) I got very frustrated, took it to the Lekkie at Rovertech (Mates Rover Repair business) 30 minutes later problem solved...............lack of earth between motor and chassis. Problem solved Yay!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Appears that dealers don't and wont employ an auto electrician amongst their employees..........something about affordability ??????? Instead they employ "Technicians" who I believe are not even trained mechanics

Post #19249421st Aug 2007 2:43 pm
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi Richard, I hope you gave the dealer a call and told them what the problem was.

Most dealers today are so dazzled by the technology and have no idea how to do the simplest bit of detective work in an attempt to solve problems.

It has been branded into their brains that they only have to plug in a computer and it will magically tell them what ever is ailing the vehicle.

This mentality is also one of the main reasons there are far fewer auto electricians today than there was just 10 years ago but, as you have found, all be it the hard way, that the simplest and I might add, one of the most common problems not only can not be found be hi tech means and the supposed experts are only as good as their training.

Learning to use a computer does not make the “technician” anything more than glorified PC game players.

This may sound a bit strong but it’s surprising how often a simple problem like yours is completely missed be these “technicians”.

Great to hear you have it resolved.

Cheers
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #19278921st Aug 2007 11:42 pm
RichardK

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Totally agree Drivesafe, yes I did have a long and meaningfull discussion on the merits of running a business oriented towards constant business enlightenment and improvement............... they won't take any notice of me though, after all I'm only a customer Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post #19293622nd Aug 2007 1:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >