Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Another new member - same old questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cheddarwards

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Another new member - same old questions

Like most new members I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the advice & banter on this site & the time has finally come to put pen to paper (you know what i mean) & join the forum.

I am currently in the process of ordering a Disco HSE Auto, my prefered exterior colour is Java Black (my 2001 discovery was in Silver & i need a change).

i am in two minds over interior colour, does anybody have any pics of a dark coloured disco with either the Black or Alpaca interior to sway my decision?

I will also have the privacy glass, so if the pictures show that as well then all the better.

On another subject trying to get the right level of discount out of the dealers is like growing a third arm, and couple that with the laughable part ex value they want to give me on my 2004 Freelander Sport, it almost makes you want to give up & buy a BMW X5 (only joking)

Any assistance/advice you could offer will be greatly received.

Post #764057th Aug 2006 8:41 pm
oliver77

Wales 

try selling the Freelander on Ebay and try www.motorlogix.co.uk for a decent deal on a Disco 3.

Post #764067th Aug 2006 8:46 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Welcome Thumbs Up

Ken's D3 is black on black (with added black bits!) so he should be able to show you some example photos

Dom got a good deal from a dealer down your way, well nearish but worth the trip. Can't remember who but no doubt when he wakes up he'll reveal all

It might be worth trying to sell the Freelander privately, if you can get more than any dealer will offer you then you're onto a winner, if not use it for the part-ex

Si
 The End  
Post #764967th Aug 2006 10:58 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi and welcome

Would agree that private is best for the Freelander sale, and soon (before the new model really gets selling).

You should be able to find a car you want for around the £38,000 to £38,500 mark - there are plenty of dealers willing to do a deal, so it's worth having a look through old threads and ringing a few.

When I was looking, Farnells (Bradford) and Heathwood Land Rover in Ashford (Middlesex) were 'competitive'. Wink
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #765788th Aug 2006 9:01 am
cheddarwards

I have now got a quote on a sept delivery HSE Auto with Privacy glass for £39500 which is just about acceptable (cheaper than Motorlogix). In your opinion can i really expect to get more than that off?

Looking at what Freelanders are going for on ebay the PX i've been offered doesn't look so bad now? I may give in & do the deal on the basis offered & then i can sit back & look forward to delivery of my new car. That said i still don't know which interior i prefer, i have 2 kids & the light interior worries me.

Post #765808th Aug 2006 9:11 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You should be able to get at least another grand off of that price, maybe more. But it's the cost to change that matters, so if they're a bit more expensive but giving you a better deal for the Freelander then don't rule it out.

If it's a good, local dealer maybe worth taking up the offer anyway, I'd happily pay a bit more to a good dealer, if the bad ones start losing sales maybe they'll sort themselves out Confused
 The End  
Post #766018th Aug 2006 9:46 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

cheddarwards wrote:
.... i have 2 kids & the light interior worries me.

I've got the alpacca leather which I really like. It's a pleasant change from black (as per most of my previous cars), however I have no sprogs & mutts go in wife's car so it does not get abused too much. I have no idea what the Tundra colour looks like in the flesh.

Derek

Post #766058th Aug 2006 10:00 am
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

cheddarwards wrote:

Looking at what Freelanders are going for on ebay the PX i've been offered doesn't look so bad now?

That said i still don't know which interior i prefer, i have 2 kids & the light interior worries me.

I wouldn't necessarily sell cars on eBay - Autotrader is a good bet.

I have a light interior, and it's the one thing I would change if I had the choice. 3 young children have left lots of stains, marks etc that take ages to clean. I've resorted to seat covers but they aren't cheap. I would rather have the dark seats really. (mine are cloth not leather, but I'm sure they'd have the same effect on leather)
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Last edited by KL on 8th Aug 2006 12:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #766528th Aug 2006 11:42 am
simkna

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

www.pistonheads.com classifieds might be worth a shot for the private sale. I sold my last two cars through there, and it costs nothing for the advert, so nothing to lose.

Si.
 Pat's Van
D3 TDV6 S Auto
Rimini Red / Alpacca Leather

Post #766588th Aug 2006 11:54 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Pelyma has the light coloured leather seats - they regularly get muddied and apparently clean up well. The carpet also recovers well from liberal amounts of mud, yes, I do use mats but there is still quite a bit that manages to find its way from the side of my boots Rolling Eyes

Post #766598th Aug 2006 11:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JustinL

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome Cheddarwards. Your not that far from me I guess?

Yeovil LR were very good. But I had more luck getting bits added on within the price rather than getting money off......

My D3 is in Buckingham blue which I love as its two colours in one. Black on a cloudy day and then sparklng blue when the sun come out.

As I have two children and two dogs I went for the dark interior which looks the business.

Put sidesteps on mine whick helps with carpark dings and the children use them to get in and out.

Let us know how you get on.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 D3 TDV6 S Buckingham Blue  
Post #767008th Aug 2006 2:15 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Used to have a classic Range Rover with beige leather. The interior always used to look dirty. I've got 3 kids and the black interior (cloth on my S D3) always looks clean.

Also, I never liked the way the dash board reflected on the windscreen on bright days. I wouldn't consider anything other than a dark interior.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #767058th Aug 2006 2:24 pm
cheddarwards

Just about got there now.

I have decided on Java Black with Black interior & Privacy glass, i have got what i think is a price worth doing a deal at & delivery for the 1st Sept.

I will sign the order form tomorrow (after i blag a few last minute bits & bobs) & then i'l be like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I have got a descent price from a motor trader on my freelander, which is approx £750 higher than the dealer offered in P/X. Seems odd really when he is probably selling it straight back to a LR dealer anyway? No profit in selling cars my a*se.

Anyway i'll have approx 3 weeks to think up what accessories i want on the car. Immediate thoughts are side steps, spot lights & twin screen rear dvd for the kids. Also the much talked about side mouldings - does anybody know how easy they are to prime & paint to bodycolour & what's more is it worth it on a black car?

Any more suggestions on suitable accessories greatfully accepted

Post #770769th Aug 2006 6:14 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Congratulations! Permagrin on its way Very Happy

I've got the single roof-monted DVD and would highly recommend the twin screen variant - the single one really gets in the way! Side strips with chrome strip look great on Java Black, and then don't need painting. Side steps are great for the kids/short SWMBO, but do get in the way if you intend any off-roading.

Have fun!!!
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #770789th Aug 2006 6:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >