Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Anti Tilt
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BN

England 
Anti Tilt

Oh dear another missing bit. I have just had the luck to play with the LR computer that sets up our Landies. Its not too sophisticated and even I could understand it.

After a full check of my car including the Pre Heater and other bits, yes they are there, but not connected, I requested a print out of my efforts. Quess what, the anti-tilt part of my alarm is NOT FITTED according to the computer. Now I am sure I saw it advertised somewhere and it is (to me) a very important part of the car. The reason is that one of my Landies was stolen from my property and if it had been fitted with the anti-tilt, the theives would not have been able to lift it up and carry it away. Evil or Very Mad

Have any of you guys any knowledge on this one and have you seen it advertised. I will be contacing my LR contact, but this may be a more difficult question. Surprised

Post #166523rd Mar 2005 3:58 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I think it should be a standard service for ALL manufacturers to supply a list of exactly what is fitted to a new vehicle. Then we would know is we have something missing.

-s

Post #166623rd Mar 2005 4:18 pm
BN

England 

I totally agree, but I am fast realising that possibly LR do not know what exactly is in or on the vehicle themselves. I have just been told by LR helpline that the Pre-Heater is to be activated, but wait for it, not yet. The lady said possibly in 18 months to 3 years time. Come on, most of us will have parted with the car by then and the new users will not want it anyway. What a silly comment especially as they are threatening apparently to remove the software. I think LR need to get their act together now in the PR side as well as the build side. Never use to be like this when it was a 'shed on wheels'. A hammer and bit of string would fix most things.

Post #166723rd Mar 2005 4:55 pm
Ecosse

But Simon, if there was a list Ford (sorry meant LR Wink ) would no longer be able to come up with the "it's not meant to be there/we'll remove it" response Wink Wink Wink and they would then have to actually build to a set specification & deliver on expected specs!
BN - I can't find the Disco 3 on the Thatcham listings, perhaps you would like to speak to them, find out what testing is under way & flag up the lack of this rather important feature to see what their views on it are & how it will affect the security rating Wink - the component must cost a couple of quid, it's really such short-sighted penny pinching.

Post #166823rd Mar 2005 4:55 pm
BN

England 

Hello Ecosse, I will try to find out whether the unit is actually fitted first. Re Thatcham, the anti-tilt does not come into it sadly as it is mainly immobilisation and locking to withstand an attack to an agreed time. I am involved with an international alarm manufacturer and you are correct an anti-tilt device is only about 25p unless it is GPS activated, then it becomes many £'s. For those of you that do have an anti-tilt device, don't forget to double press the lock key when on a ferry. Failure to do so will cause the alarm to sound. Well I have just answered my own question, get on the ferry and set the alarm, soon find if it is fitted then. Idea

I half expect to find a Saturn V rocket in the car soon, but LR have not told us yet or activated it. It is very sad to have such a brilliant vehicle, but not know exactly what it has or can really do.

Post #166923rd Mar 2005 6:16 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The anti-tilt device is built into the battery backup sounder. I thought motion detection/tilt was a standard fitting. Can you check to see which sounder you have fitted?

Post #167023rd Mar 2005 7:01 pm
BN

England 

I will have a look tomorrow, because I also thought it was a standard fitment. On another amusing point, I have just found the answer to our dreams on the following site: http://www.interro.com/cat/catalog802.htm
The trouble is, it possibly costs more than the car, but perhaps we could get the pre-heater and everything working.

Post #167123rd Mar 2005 7:07 pm
simon

Wow... lets start saving and run our own SW upgrade clinics Wink

-s

Post #167423rd Mar 2005 8:14 pm
Pelyma

England 

Isn't Rovacom lite a cut down version for about £4-500?? Not sure it supports DS3 yet though
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #167523rd Mar 2005 9:56 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Rovacom doesn't yet, but they are working on it.

Could be the answer to Simon's settings menu problem!

Post #168123rd Mar 2005 10:41 pm
simon

only if it inserts the mythical memory seat module (if thats what is really needed)

Winger... any news yet ?

-s

Post #168223rd Mar 2005 11:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >