Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Anyone had their D4 for a decade yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
alltnaha

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I bought my D4 new in March 2012. Now on just under 75,000 miles.

I had never kept any vehicle for 7 let alone 10 years but I cannot see what to replace it with - there is nothing that does all the D4 can do.

Post #23066355th Sep 2022 9:13 pm
LIAMMCL

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Bought our 59 plate D4 at 3 years old & 27k miles. Almost 10 years ownership and mileage now at 148k and we all love it.

Post #23066796th Sep 2022 9:59 am
Stevtheangle

Ukraine 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

My Disco 4 2010 with 275000 KMs is still purring around in war torn Ukraine. This it seems is what Disco 4 are made for. 12 people at a time with cats & dogs sometimes lol. Crossing the borders to safety thru the ice & snow of the carpathians to Uzhorod at the border with Slovakia. Temps -25C. Lviv or Ivano Frankivsk pick up and up thru and across the winding roads of the beautiful Carpathians.

Went down to Odesa to warm up after 6 weeks of that - Black Sea coast was colder than the mountains. People begged to go to safety from the war ravaged cities of the Black Sea. So the Disco was running btwn Odesa & Constanța across the Danube on the ferry to a safe hotel set up by An NGO of awesome people whom then went and got another and fixed than one up to. In all there are probably 120 families waiting for the end of the war in safety because of the Lutheran Church of New York.

The Disco cruised on the worst roads I ever come across in all my travels and further beaten up by incredible volumes of HGV’s carrying in oil and supplies to Ukraine 24/7. Of course I saw a lot of deadly accidents but the Disco kept going and kept us safe - must be one of the best cars ever made inmo.

All the Audis, bmw’s, Toyotas g wagons etc. we’re getting polished and waxed in Paris or some exotic destination. There wasn’t a single one of the expensive and oh so very safe, sound and sneering at Land Rover owners makes doing the same work day in day out. Perhaps it says something of the owners of such vehicles that they are selfish ignorant whatsits…

Suspension parts needed replacing, some sort of bars n bush’s, found a decent and reliable, honest expert LR maintenance garage and they replaced all this at a reasonable price, after this work the suspension was like new…

Had it serviced at the same time, oil & filter change twice, needs a service again according to the display.

Folks recognise this vehicle at borders, in cities, military checkpoints wave it thru, it’s famous lol.

Interior is showing some wear, not tempted to change this vehicle because I doubt I could replace it with such a reliable make or model.

It’s shown it’s worth off road going to military bases to train UA recruits for 5 weeks in terrible conditions.

Oh, just one thing has broken and that’s the rear washer, pump makes a noise by the passenger footwell. Checked the tube and the check valve at the back door, so it’s something at the front of the vehicle.

These vehicles aren’t ideal in cities or towns, take them on a long journey and it rectifies any error messages, at home I got them regularly and paid LR to fix them. Probably wasted my money…

Post #23139627th Nov 2022 11:06 am
qcnr

Norway 

Had mine for 1 year now. Just coming up to 127000km and I'm the 3rd owner. not sure the first owner
counts as it was registered to a dealership.

Post #23139727th Nov 2022 11:36 am
D4mation

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Had my D4 from new and at 66K miles will be 11 years old in a fortnight.
I need to get out more Cool
 MY12 D4 HSE Ipanema Sand  
Post #23141688th Nov 2022 11:35 am
LIAMMCL

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Bought my 59plate d4 at 3yrs old & 27k miles. Coming up for 13 years old and just clocked 150k. (Don't want to tempt fate) but its been a great car.

It's in the garage today getting lots of suspension parts fitted so looking forward to driving it tomorrow.

Post #23142348th Nov 2022 5:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >