Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

ARB bar for my D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kabous

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
ARB bar for my D3

I would like to fit an ARB bullbar to my Disco , but it's a HSE with park distance on the front and I am worried that the scensors can't be fitted to the bar correctly. Any comments on this?

Post #2008689th Sep 2007 6:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

You can deactivate the front PDC system without affecting the rear if that is what you are asking. It requires the T4 Testbook or your dealer to do that though. Or, you can drill holes in the ARB bumper and keep the system active, though I'm not sure you'd need to. The ARB looks pretty stout Smile

Post #2008989th Sep 2007 7:14 pm
Kabous

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks for the reply , I would like to keep the front PDC active as I find it very helpfull when parralel parking in town. Not sure how the system works but I gather that every scensor works induvidually i.o.w. the scensors doesn't need to be specific distance from each other ? Also comments on the ARB bar , pretty pricey here in our part of the world , about R14000 S.A. Rand.(1800 USD)

Post #2010559th Sep 2007 10:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

They each cover a particular area and have the relevant overlap to try to cover as much area as possible from different angle, so any change may affect the coverage, but essentially they can be mounted wherever you like. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #2010589th Sep 2007 10:36 pm
Brucehun

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
ARB

Hi Kabous

I fitted the ARB with winch as well For R15k fom BRS Offroad in JHB. I do not have the front PDC activated as this is a lot of work to fit but can be done. The rears do work without the front having to be connected.

Post #20121010th Sep 2007 11:33 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I asked ARB about fitting my front PDC when the ARB BB was fitted but was told by the technical department that the metal of the bar interferes with the sensors. Also ARB do not make any allowances for the sensors and if the bar was drilled the steel protection coating would be damaged then the warranty would be void.

It is easier to forget about them and have the PDC disabled by the dealer. You won't need em once you got the steel bar on 8)

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #20199112th Sep 2007 6:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >