DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Audio Connectivity Module on Discovery 4 SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
David Lunney

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Audio Connectivity Module on Discovery 4 SE

Hello,

The aux input on my D4 SE is a 3.5mm jack at the rear of the centre console. I have had a look at the jack. It is part of a module, with four wires leading to it (I expected 3). I believe it is called an Audio Connectivity Module. It has a number of unused outlets, presumably for higher spec models. Does anyone know whether a different version of this module is available which will charge an IPhone/IPod as well as connect to the aux input? Is the 4th wire a power supply? Many thanks.

Post #79127430th Apr 2011 10:28 am
geoz

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Audio Connectivity Module on Discovery 4 SE

David Lunney wrote:
Hello,

The aux input on my D4 SE is a 3.5mm jack at the rear of the centre console. I have had a look at the jack. It is part of a module, with four wires leading to it (I expected 3). I believe it is called an Audio Connectivity Module. It has a number of unused outlets, presumably for higher spec models. Does anyone know whether a different version of this module is available which will charge an IPhone/IPod as well as connect to the aux input? Is the 4th wire a power supply? Many thanks.

did you find out anything? I'd be interested too.

Post #99179220th Oct 2012 9:40 am
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have a look at this,

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...LAE001.pdf

I think the part number has changed to 003 or something. I've just ordered one for my D3. Not sure about the centre rear conections but I'm sure someone will pop up with an answer.
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #99181220th Oct 2012 10:28 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

It's nothing to do with the ACM ... That is a compleatly different thing and not available for the D4

Do you not have the connector in the centre consul lid ?

That's we're a proper iPhone / iPod connector fits
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #99182620th Oct 2012 10:55 am
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Wiggs, on my SE the centre rear only has a 3.5 socket, what do the other plugs on higher spec models do? Is it just audio inputs? I was thinking about rear seat entertainment in the near future. I've yet to get my head around what's needed. In retrospect I should have got a HSE Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the bluetooth BTW, works a treet. I'll get mine in the mail to you later today/monday.
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #99183020th Oct 2012 11:05 am
geoz

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:
It's nothing to do with the ACM ... That is a compleatly different thing and not available for the D4

no, no connector in the lid. hence my interest in the idea that there might be more to the 3.5 mm socket in the back. i don;t really mind the sound system, i think it is ok, what annoys me more is that the aux jack seems to be on a different volume level and i had to crank up the iphone quite a bit and then the car stereo as well.

Post #99184720th Oct 2012 11:56 am
wiggs

Simonstarski wrote:
Wiggs, on my SE the centre rear only has a 3.5 socket, what do the other plugs on higher spec models do? Is it just audio inputs? I was thinking about rear seat entertainment in the near future. I've yet to get my head around what's needed. In retrospect I should have got a HSE Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the bluetooth BTW, works a treet. I'll get mine in the mail to you later today/monday.

The post is about a D4 !!!... Compleatly different on the D4

Bluetooth ... Thumbs Up
Post #99198920th Oct 2012 7:16 pm
wiggs

geoz wrote:
wiggs wrote:

no, no connector in the lid. hence my interest in the idea that there might be more to the 3.5 mm socket in the back. i don;t really mind the sound system, i think it is ok, what annoys me more is that the aux jack seems to be on a different volume level and i had to crank up the iphone quite a bit and then the car stereo as well.

That's a bummer Sad

The aux jack is just for audio ... You could use the 12v socket next to it ( or fit one if not there ) to power the iPhone / iPod
Post #99199120th Oct 2012 7:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >