Have you noticed its never says 13.2 volts for example ... Question

It only shows to the nearest 5 ...example ...13.0 volts ...13.5 volts etc

There is a volt meter on the radio which is pretty much spot on Whistle
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten 

Last edited by wiggs on 27th Dec 2008 4:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #39257824th Dec 2008 11:16 am
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

i've been doing a few tests over the last few days,mainly driving with the vehicle signal inputs up on the sat nav screen, can anyone explain the connection between the vehicle speed MMM/MOST part of that screen???

i seem to be getting only one figure in either the MMM or the MOST, never the 2 together, but it's switching between the two readings with the other value reading 0, if that makes sence!

With relation to the audio problems i've been having, when the MMM figure is reading a value the stereo plays up with previously described problem, but when the MOST figure has a value the stereo works fine, can anyone explain the connection???

Also when the MMM has a value,the lights ON/OFF value stays on OFF when the lights are clearly on, the reverse signal ON/OFF value says off when you select reverse, and the audio output value, which tells you which output is selected, i.e FM Radio, CD, AUX will stay on cd when the stereo is on FM Radio.

Any ideas on the how the MOST works???

Lee

Post #39331827th Dec 2008 3:45 pm
HIGHSTAL2

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Maybe I can help, if upon startup a HDC fault is shown on the message center you need to repl. the battery. I have seen this many times. Anytime I work on a D3 & that message shows up, I test the battery. the battery usually fails the test & is replaced. As for the sat/nav issue, there are a few things that can cause this. There are software updates, new amplifiers, water ingress causing corrosion & M.O.S.T. cables being bent too tight. Just to name a few. Start w/the basics. Check for power (12volts) & ground @ the amp, cell module, radio etc..
Depending on your vehicle options. Check the connection integrity, connectors are fully seated. Check the M.O.S.T. cables(orange fiber optic cables) for a radius less than 1 inch(2.5cm). If these are bent too tight the signal is lost & the M.O.S.T. ring goes down. Has the vehicle had a water ingress issue, sunroof leaks?

Post #3951721st Jan 2009 4:03 pm
wilsonmg

England 

This forum never ceases to amaze me Very Happy
Lee I'm getting the same thing with the HDC fault first thing in the morning (especially as the car is frozen everymorning at present)
The other daft thing it looks to be doing is that for the first 200 yards or so it will give the odd 'bing' or 'bong' with a very brief flash on the dash of the amber parking light.
I will go and check the battery as it could be due for renewal as I'm up to 73K on the car now, as the advice from Wiggs and Highstal makes sense.

Do you reckon the battery will be the route course of the bings and bongs along with the amber parking light. I know the EHB is a known issue, but it never gives a problem. The brief amber light that has only appeared to manifest in the first 200yards from the first start in the morning along with the HDC issue that Lee described

CHeers

Mart

Post #3954662nd Jan 2009 11:20 am
MrH

United Kingdom 

wiggs wrote:
There is a volt meter on the radio which is pretty much spot on Whistle

Pray tell...
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #3954702nd Jan 2009 11:36 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

My radio is cutting out for a split second every now and again at present, It's not been used much over xmas, and short journeys when it has, so maybe the voltage is down a bit ?

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #3955342nd Jan 2009 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lee157

HIGHSTAL2 wrote:
Maybe I can help, if upon startup a HDC fault is shown on the message center you need to repl. the battery. I have seen this many times. Anytime I work on a D3 & that message shows up, I test the battery. the battery usually fails the test & is replaced. As for the sat/nav issue, there are a few things that can cause this. There are software updates, new amplifiers, water ingress causing corrosion & M.O.S.T. cables being bent too tight. Just to name a few. Start w/the basics. Check for power (12volts) & ground @ the amp, cell module, radio etc..
Depending on your vehicle options. Check the connection integrity, connectors are fully seated. Check the M.O.S.T. cables(orange fiber optic cables) for a radius less than 1 inch(2.5cm). If these are bent too tight the signal is lost & the M.O.S.T. ring goes down. Has the vehicle had a water ingress issue, sunroof leaks?

Thanks for the reply HIGHSTAL2, that certainly covers olot of issues i'm having,i'm also having a few problems with water ingress due to the sunroof leeking, this is being fixed at the dealers due to it being spotted before the car was purcased, although its been back to them 4 times it's still not fixed, so they have had various parts of the interior apart for this and could have interrupted the M.O.S.T.

2 questions i have now, does anyone know where the M.O.S.T. cable runs exactly so i can check them, and is it a continuous loop (i.e a ring)???
Also, with having the HSE i can do a M.O.S.T. test within the sat nav hidden screen, i'm sure when i've done this before and it came up with lists of stuff that it was checking etc, when i do it now it comes up with ring break and stops, sudjesting that the MOST ring is down, do you think this is right???

many thanks

Lee

Last edited by lee157 on 2nd Jan 2009 3:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3955422nd Jan 2009 3:30 pm
lee157

wilsonmg wrote:
This forum never ceases to amaze me Very Happy
Lee I'm getting the same thing with the HDC fault first thing in the morning (especially as the car is frozen everymorning at present)
The other daft thing it looks to be doing is that for the first 200 yards or so it will give the odd 'bing' or 'bong' with a very brief flash on the dash of the amber parking light.
I will go and check the battery as it could be due for renewal as I'm up to 73K on the car now, as the advice from Wiggs and Highstal makes sense.

Do you reckon the battery will be the route course of the bings and bongs along with the amber parking light. I know the EHB is a known issue, but it never gives a problem. The brief amber light that has only appeared to manifest in the first 200yards from the first start in the morning along with the HDC issue that Lee described

CHeers

Mart

My car is one of the first 54 plates and the battery is still the origional, so it's 4 years old at least so i'm expecting the battery to be on the way out. Everyone says that it's due to the battery and i'd be inclined to say so myself, although i've not changed mine yet.

Lee

Post #3955452nd Jan 2009 3:45 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

lee157 wrote:

Also, with having the HSE i can do a M.O.S.T. test within the sat nav hidden screen, i'm sure when i've done this before and it came up with lists of stuff that it was checking etc, when i do it now it comes up with ring break and stops, sudjesting that the MOST ring is down, do you think this is right???Lee

Ring break would indicate a problem i would suspect ...as yes the MOST system is in a ring ( in and out on each componet fitted )
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #3955862nd Jan 2009 5:24 pm
lee157

Got the car back from trinity Landrover today, they have souced the problem to be a failed unit on the MOST system somewhere at the back of the car, they didn't say which unit though. All seams to be working ok now, we'll see how long that lasts Laughing

Just out of curiosity, what units does the MOST circuit go in and out of??? Wiggs any ideas???

Lee

Post #3989038th Jan 2009 8:49 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Harman Kardom Logic 7 amplifier
Rear seat entertainment module
Harman Kardon amplifier
Transceiver module
Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
Touch Screen Display (TSD)
Television tuner module
Integrated Head Unit (IHU)