I have all the GTR on a disk ..not internet access
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #43707412th Mar 2009 12:48 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
on 17/1/2004 someone did Whistle
One of Wiggs PDF's wrote:
http://gtr.franchise.landrover.com/extdealerlrprod/xml/parsexml.jsp?XMLFile=G426512&... 1/17/2004
be careful with copyright materials! Thumbs Up

oooh ..2004 ..wasen't that before they even came out Laughing
Post #43708312th Mar 2009 12:57 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Part of it, but not before GTR had info for dealer training - BTW, being on disc it's still copyright material!

Post #43708612th Mar 2009 12:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

No body saying its not copyright ...if Martin has any issues im sure he would of said something to me .

Student training disks came out in 2005
Post #43709112th Mar 2009 1:04 am
K3ITH

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I have a new 09 GS and can confirm that there is no AUX port wiring at the back of the radio. There is a 12 pin connector block but only 1 black lead is attached to pin 12 (Audio Ground).

However, I have managed to connect my Garmin Nuvi SatNav to the AUX Port and it works perfectly.

I used 3 x JST Male connectors – These connectors are commonly used in the Radio Controlled world for battery connection. The connectors have 2 sockets that fit the AUX pins perfectly – Search on Ebay for JST Male they’re about £1 each (COLOUR RED). I also used a stereo cable with a 3.5mm plug.

You need to remove the original 12 Pin connector block and cut the Black lead, this lead will be connected with a JST Plug.

JST Plug 1.
Remove the RED lead and join the BLACK lead to the Black lead cut from the 12 Pin connector block above. This plug will push onto pins 11 (no connection) and 12 (Audio Ground)

Cut the Stereo lead to an appropriate length and strip the wire - there will be 2 small leads for the left and right channels and the shielding wire for the AUX Screen

JST Plug 2.
Join the RED lead to one of the small Stereo leads and the BLACK lead to the other small Stereo lead. This plug will push onto pins 7 (Right AUX input) and 8 (Left AUX input)

JST Plug 3.
Remove the RED lead and join the BLACK lead to the Stereo lead shielding wire. This plug will push onto pins 6 (Aux Screen) and 5 (no connection)

Look carefully in the socket on the back of the head unit, pins 1,6,7 and 12 are identified.

Post #5163966th Sep 2009 7:40 pm
K3ITH

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Russ,

I got your PM - But apparently, I can't send a PM to you until I have posted here a minimum of 5 times!

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765T SatNav and it does have a built-in speaker - However, in addition to navigation it also has an MP3 Player with SD Slot and Bluetooth for Phone connection. The MP3 player is CD quality an obviously sounds superior through the car stereo rather than the little Garmin speaker.

The MP3 music automatically mutes when navigation is announced or a phone call comes in. All of the sound is through the car stereo.

The 765T also has an FM Transmitter - The idea being the you set the output to say 88.1 and tune the car radio into 88.1 - The idea is brilliant but the quality is not great, but connection to the AUX Port is perfect.

It was a bit daunting pulling the dash apart on a new car - but, in my opinion, it's well worth the effort.

Keith...

Post #5171888th Sep 2009 9:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >