Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Baby car seat question...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bigsmoke07

Baby car seat question...

Does anyone driving a disco 3 use two car seats?

i have a 3 year old and a newborn, and wanted to see how feasible it was for me to install two car seats in my second row (one close to passenger window, the other in the middle) and still have decent room and access.

I know it's kind of a crap shoot as to whether both car seats will fit next to eachother side by side.

thanks
 deciding on LR3....  
Post #19077th Apr 2005 3:46 am
Pelyma

England 

I have 2 seats but they are either side, neither in the middle (I think you know what I mean, but an adult can sit between the seats. They aren't the small baby seats either, but the Britax Renaisance(?) and the Britax Kid.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #19187th Apr 2005 8:06 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

I have pretty much the same - a 3 year old and a 6 month old. I'll try to have a go and see if I can get one of the seats in the middle this weekend. I'm guessing you also want to know if the "free" seat will still be able to fold forwards to allow access to the rear seats?

Post #19227th Apr 2005 9:42 am
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Car Seats

Interesting questions Bigsmoke, I too would be interested in the response. We keep our child seats perminatly in the car (2year old and 8month old) and will frequently use seat 6 and 7. I have a TD5 currently and the acces to 6 and 7 is through the back door. It will be a pain in the..you know what...if I have to remove a car seat everytime to get access to seat 6 and 7.

Expecting my D3HSE any day now!!!!!!!
 2017 Disco5 First Edition(On Order)
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor
1950 Massey Ferguson Tractor 

Post #19257th Apr 2005 10:36 am
bigsmoke07

I am on my way to a dealership today to try and find out for myself.

I know a lot of folks on the board are using the lr3s utility for off road, but i need the utility for "on-baby"!

If I could get the two baby seats side by side, by the passenger window, then in the middle, and still be able to raise and lower the driver 2nd row to get to the third row, that would be great!

Also, does anyone know if a stroller/pram will fit behind the 3rd row if those two seats are up?

thanks
 deciding on LR3....  
Post #19307th Apr 2005 11:26 am
Wineman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

NightFox wrote:
I have pretty much the same - a 3 year old and a 6 month old. I'll try to have a go and see if I can get one of the seats in the middle this weekend. I'm guessing you also want to know if the "free" seat will still be able to fold forwards to allow access to the rear seats?

Did you get a chance to do this Nightfox? Very interested to understand the outcome! Many thanks!
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor

Post #207411th Apr 2005 7:32 am
Pelyma

England 

You'd get a Mclaren type buggy, but not a 3 wheeler type pram
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #207511th Apr 2005 7:34 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Wineman wrote:
NightFox wrote:

Did you get a chance to do this Nightfox? Very interested to understand the outcome! Many thanks!

Yes, tried it and happy to say it works no problem at all – it’s not even a tight squeeze Very Happy The “outside” Disco seat will easily fold forward to allow access to the third row without even having to force it past the seat fitted in the middle. I guess the only possible issue would be when fitting the seats you might have to fit one seat before the other, or have the outside seat on one particular side, just to ensure you can get to the seat belt clips.

For reference, I did this with a Bébé Confort Creatis and Bébé Confort Iseos TT, which are fairly average size seats – worked equally well with either seat in the middle. 3 year old daughter loves going in the middle now as she can see through the windscreen, and I love it too as she can no longer kick the back of my front seats 8)

Post #208311th Apr 2005 8:50 am
Wineman

Many thanks nightfox, that is good news for me too! On a seperate thought, I wonder however if the child is safer behinder the driver/passanger vs being exposed directly to the windsheild?

Is it possible to gain access through the rear tailgate with seat 6&7 up? or are the seats to close together for someone to pass?
2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury
2012 Disco4 HSE
2005 Disco03 TDV6 HSE
2002 Disco02 TD5 ES
1987 Defender 90(MOD)
2002 Fendt 180 Tractor

Post #208411th Apr 2005 9:05 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Wineman wrote:
Many thanks nightfox, that is good news for me too! On a seperate thought, I wonder however if the child is safer behinder the driver/passanger vs being exposed directly to the windsheild?

I wondered the same myself – and didn’t really come to any conclusions. Fundamentally though, I don’t think it should be an issue as long as your child is strapped in correctly and the seat is properly fitted. I can only think that in a catastrophic accident where the passenger shell got severely crushed it might mean that there was less chance of a child sitting in the middle being crushed behind the front seats, but to be honest in that kind of impact the inside would be so deformed that the middle would probably no longer be the middle anyway.

Post #208511th Apr 2005 9:36 am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

It may be obvious, but it’s probably also worth adding that the ISOFix fittings are only on the outside seats – so if you’re using 2 ISOFix seats, you would need to be sure that the one you wanted to fit in the middle could also be fitted conventionally.

Post #271722nd Apr 2005 10:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >