Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Back in the Landrover fold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Moleshome

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4
Back in the Landrover fold

Having worked my way through a Freelander 1 and Freelander 2 I forsook the delights of Gaydon for a Mercedes estate. Now don't get me wrong, the Merc was a nice car, but it never filled me with the delight that the Freelanders did.

Ever since 2015 when I went on the Freel2 day out to Gaydon for the Design and Engineering tour and the trip round the test track when LRs driver took us over the hump back bridge, onto the wet section and slammed on the brakes with his hands off the wheel I've wanted a Disco 4.

Sadly we lost my father in law last year but it did mean that we've got a bit of spare cash ...

66 plate Landmark in Yulong White. Spotted her on Wednesday, had a look on Thursday and by Friday afternoon she was on the driveway Very Happy

Post #229258522nd May 2022 8:06 am
Hscottjones

United Kingdom 

Congrats on the new purchase.

I live opposite Knowl Hill prestige and saw this for sale whenever driving past. Love the white with the black pack. Great choice.
If my budget stretched that far, I probably would have bought it.

How was the service from them?

Post #229264122nd May 2022 7:12 pm
Moleshome

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

This is actually the 2nd car I've had from them, I got my Freelander 2 from them as well.

Other than the purchase I've had minimal contact, they're just an independent so it's not like I'll be going to them for parts or servicing although they have told me to take it back in September and they'll do the MOT at no charge.

I'm really not sure where they fit in the grand scheme of things. They did a service on mine when they got it and did some minor work like replacing the discs but it's not recorded on Land Rover's system. If I was in the market for £120k worth of Land rover would I really go to them rather than a main dealer with all the backup that comes with being part of the Land Rover system?

https://www.knowlhill.com/showroom/detail/...pathian-ed

Post #229268022nd May 2022 11:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >