Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > eBay & Bargain Spots

Bargain pressure washer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Which jet nozzle did you use? have you tried the circular one, that's best for paving Thumbs Up

Nice and light Very Happy

Post #90835312th Mar 2012 3:48 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

yep ..tryed them both

dont think i will every uses the brush on my car ..but usefull for patio furniture
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #90836012th Mar 2012 4:06 pm
Discotres

I have never used the rotatong brush but patio furniture seems a good idea Thumbs Up

Post #90838712th Mar 2012 4:59 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #90850012th Mar 2012 8:19 pm
johno1973

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

ive got one and the extra 6m hose that i hope will make it even better when doing the cars and 26ft caravan seems very good Thumbs Up well spotted Bow down

Post #90852712th Mar 2012 9:10 pm
Mark Y

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Found myself stopping off at lidl and buying one, Discotres pm me your address so I know where to come if this is sh Censored Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #90933314th Mar 2012 11:42 am
Discotres

I bought another yesterday, I ahve been jet washing like Censored before the hosepipe ban, problem is that once you start and do a square foot say, you keep on going and going, then you look down and realise your shoes and trousers are ruined Rolling with laughter

I did all my decking, log cabin and veranda, fences and about to start on the block paving later today. I also bought the 6mtr extension hose, beats dragging the unit around my boat Very Happy Try both lances, I think the circular jet one is best for paving, just watch your toes if in flip flops, you could lose one or two Shocked The wide lance is adjustable, on narrow it cuts into concrete Shocked

So it cost £89, if I had got someone in just to do the decking it would have been a couple of hundred quid so paid for itself already. Watch underseal on cars these washers are VERY powerful, so keep your distance and move forward slowly until you think you are near enough Wink

Also known to easily remove decals, rubber off wiper blades and other delicate objects BEWARE!

The 3yr warranty is covered by an external company that do all Comet repairs, so keep your receipt, if they can't fix it you get your all your money back Thumbs Up I paid £79 last year so £89 this year, maybe they will be £99 next year but try and find a 150 bar washer for less than £400, very hard. Plus this one is aluminium and VERY light, I am sure others in the jet wash bargain club will back me up Thumbs Up

Last edited by Discotres on 14th Mar 2012 11:55 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #90933914th Mar 2012 11:52 am
Discotres

dangerdave wrote:
She then told me I had bought an expensive paper. I twigged she meant I had a newspaper and a pressure washer in the trolly! She should go on TV with that humour.

You should be so lucky to get a conversation, they play sill games with me trying to throw as much stuff through the till as fast as possible to see you panic pack Censored ers Laughing

Post #90934014th Mar 2012 11:54 am
Frem

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

A request please.

Can you stop suggesting things to buy on this forum as I won't be able to feed the kids soon. I don't shop in Lidl's but today found myself rummaging through their bins (in store, not a Fregan yet!) and walked out with........... a £90 pressure washer! Argh!!! Surprised
Can't wait to use the rotary on the drive and try and clean up the oil stains from my old 300 TDi. Talking of which, anyone suggest a good product for oil stains?
 Zermatt silver beast  
Post #90943814th Mar 2012 2:48 pm
UROMP

Wales 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Bought one yesterday, great bit of kit. Did all the plastic troughing, facias and barge boards on the house.

Post #90944014th Mar 2012 2:51 pm
Discotres

Frem wrote:
A request please.

Can you stop suggesting things to buy on this forum as I won't be able to feed the kids soon. I don't shop in Lidl's but today found myself rummaging through their bins (in store, not a Fregan yet!) and walked out with........... a £90 pressure washer! Argh!!! Surprised
Can't wait to use the rotary on the drive and try and clean up the oil stains from my old 300 TDi. Talking of which, anyone suggest a good product for oil stains?

I have never used the big rotary brush thing, the rotary (circular ended) lance is the thing for the drives Thumbs Up

BEWARE I have popped in for the odd thing and known to have come out with Angle grinders, clothes driers, measuring jugs, scooter for a kid and loads of other unnecessary stuff that one finds in the middle section Shocked Laughing I just take in a big trolley now to save having to go back out for one Rolling with laughter

Post #90944214th Mar 2012 2:56 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #90950114th Mar 2012 4:45 pm
Frem

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Unpacked the washer, only two clips to slide on and hey presto, up and running. However, couldn't get the detergent to work. Read the instructions and re-read them to make sure I hadnt missed something, in the end I resorted to dialling the 0871 number only to be put through to Poland. Pleasant girl who couldn't help me but took my details and was going to pass them to the manufacturer to call me back within two days. Sad
20 mins later, unbeknown to me they left a message on the answering machine, so I quickly called them back on the 0845 number and after numerous button pushes I got through to............ an automated message telling me to write in with my query Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

Reluctantly I returned to the machine kicked it, well it was either that or the wife, and tried something else.
This is what I found: if you don't attach a lance to the gun, the detergent pours out. Oh well, what do you expect for £90?

As for the rotary brush well............... you have to be a midget to use it on the patio. The design of it does not allow you to hold the gun at the normal angle instead you have to get on your knees and lay the gun on the ground in order for the brush to work. Maybe it's not for patio use. Oh well, what do you expect for £90?

Rant over. Great machine otherwise Thumbs Up
 Zermatt silver beast  
Post #90952814th Mar 2012 5:43 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

its in the manual ....either press in or pull out the end of the lance attachment ( one with the 2 metal bars in ) this then switches from high to low pressure and allows the detergent to come through

the brush is not for cleaning patios Whistle ...if it was they would have called it a "patio cleaner "

This is a patio cleaner

G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #90956514th Mar 2012 7:00 pm
Discotres

What the hell would you use a circular hand brush on the patio for Laughing that seems to be for cars although I wouldn't use it on mine and say furniture which someone suggested, as I said above in another thread get the circular lance out and off you go. I have just done half my block paving this afternoon, back out again tomorrow, just did one brick at a time, takes about 2 seconds a brick to do it properly, if you don't have a plan you will be going backwards and forwards, here and there Thumbs Up

Post #90956614th Mar 2012 7:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >