Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Bathtub curve
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jdea

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Bathtub curve

I was lucky last week. My extended warranty is about to expire so I thought it would be a good idea to get a final look over from the dealer in Brisbane, 600km away. I went down the Wednesday night before last and spent the night. When I drove off in the morning I started to get engine failure alarms. I had a very slow journey to the dealer. Turns out my Turbo had failed. My extended warranty covered the cost! I won’t mention how I got home… (More luck)
Well, since I have used up all my luck this time, I want to be a bit smarter. Problem is I’m not that smart Smile

I always new my turbo had a high chance of failure. Base on the posts on this forum we could see a while back, it was starting it climb up the other end of the bathtub curve.
So now the question: How do we go about collecting data and making it useful? Wouldn’t it be great to know what the odds are of say an alternator failing or a turbo going pop. Do I just replace my alternator before my trip to WA? Sounds like I have to. Every time I seen Nick saying its on back order I get worried….
The good thing about been out of warranty is, I have the option to be proactive…..

Any ideas?

Martin: Could you add something to our profiles so we could enter our fault data?

JD

Post #61124827th Feb 2010 2:42 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >