BBS Is back and wow you all really have to read this post
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ids

England 

Hi Colin,

Interesting thread.

BBS SPY wrote:

I have as a result of this belief, recently made a document that explains the reasons behind these permission requirements that might help.

https://www.rovacom-iq.com/preview/rovacom-permission

Link seems broken....

Still get the MSV2 out occassionally and it seems hard work compared to modern tools. I might take a look at these in the new year.

Post #201330629th Dec 2018 8:05 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiyas ids

Thanks, The ROVACOM-IQ is certainly getting quite a lot of interest and having spent the last few weeks polishing it even more, especially to make it easier to get initially connected etc, we hope to begin shipping out the first VCIQ's within a few days now and am sure that there will be some very positive early reviews of it.

Sorry about the broken link / missing document, until we find a workaround, we have temporarily disabled the SMS notification feature from the version of the ROVACOM-IQ app that is downloaded from the google play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovacomiq

As a result we amalgamated the permission requirements into the Privacy Policy document and removed the permissions only document. I have also edited the link in my previous post to this revised almalgamation document.

https://www.rovacom-iq.com/preview/rovacom-iq-privacy-policy

Quote:
Still get the MSV2 out occassionally and it seems hard work compared to modern tools

I know what you mean Thumbs Up

It would have been a great step forward for us to introduce even just a Mobile App based version of our Vehicle Explorer, or a better looking, more modern and easier to use interface, or more features, more self intelligence, add monitoring abilities, or secondary instrument displays, a smaller and better communication interface, later vehicle model coverage or even just adding wireless connectivity.
Any of these would have taken us a lot less time, but we really wanted to stay true to our pioneering heritage and develop something that was not just an improvement or two but something very special that had ALL of this and far more, despite the vast amount of time it would take, and then some, and due to secrecy of this development, our seeming to have dissapeared for quite a while Wink

Hence we are so excited to now be able to announce this development and we cant wait to start finally shipping the Interfaces so owners can start using it.

so far from the tedium of getting out and connecting the MSV2 etc I personally imagine that our biggest problem will be with owners getting used to the concept of not having to get anything out, plug anything in, having to use buttons to Read Fault codes and the ability to review all vehicle information, even when not connected etc.

It will sure be an interesting new Year Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin

Post #201337429th Dec 2018 12:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Beenzer

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

this looks a good setup, has anyone actually bought this yet?

cheers

Tam

Post #22603064th Nov 2021 1:49 pm
ids

England 

Not sure whatever happened to them. I think the GAP products are the defacto standard now.

I sold my D3 a while back, now have an 2017 RRS but am limited by tools due to JLR MY2017> being difficult for any of the 3rd parties to access.
 2005 D3 MJ05 F** (2009-2020) - 255000 - Gone
2017 RRS L494 HSE (so hanging on rrsport.co.uk a bit) 

Post #22603084th Nov 2021 2:02 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The 3rd Gen IID works on 2017> models Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #22603184th Nov 2021 3:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ids

England 

Hey Mikey

I knew they partially worked but they don't do all of the functions still do they ? Like CCF editing etc.

Ids
 2005 D3 MJ05 F** (2009-2020) - 255000 - Gone
2017 RRS L494 HSE (so hanging on rrsport.co.uk a bit) 

Post #22603424th Nov 2021 6:19 pm
Beenzer

ids wrote:
Not sure whatever happened to them. I think the GAP products are the defacto standard now.

I sold my D3 a while back, now have an 2017 RRS but am limited by tools due to JLR M
Y2017> being difficult for any of the 3rd parties to access.

They did make good stuff, I had one of their nanocoms when I had the old td5 disco.
It did exactly what it said on the tin..but yeah, I think your right about the GAP stuff being the way to go these days.

Cheers

Tam

Post #22603564th Nov 2021 7:31 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

ids wrote:
Hey Mikey

I knew they partially worked but they don't do all of the functions still do they ? Like CCF editing etc.

Ids

I'd need to check. We've never been asked to modify a CCF yet on a Flexray car
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #22603734th Nov 2021 9:25 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiyas Tam

Quite a few people bought this once the VCIQ Interface became available and are really happy with it and its amazing interface and capabilities.

Unfortunately and in being totally honest, quite a percentage suffered strange HW failures in the first few months that we believe were down to build quality Teething troubles and requiring us to freely replace their hardware and in a handful of cases even twice.

There were also a few initial SW bugs but these were quickly sorted and we have not seen any HW or SW issues report in nearly 2 years now

The equipment's capability, Like the Nanocom uses the Genesis on line resource to provide downloadable files from the CCF editor section for flashing original “As Built” or Custom edited CCF that has incredible flexibility as well as Files from the Flash File section that provides a simply stunning variatey of files for every flash-able ECU on the Covered Can Bus vehicle.

If you have not seen the capability that Genesis provides, you really should check out this link

https://vbf2.blackbox-solutions.com/Faultm...sis.action

You will be able to use Genesis without any equipment owner account and will just need a Valid Vin so Genesis can tailor it’s options to suit the options and “As Builts” and ECU lists for a specific vehicle. You just wont get its Library function options or the ability to download files.
Note that Genesis also provides a list of what firmware was programmed into every ECU on the vehicle when it was built.

Although many years old now, Genesis is still light years ahead of anything else.
The Rovacom IQ software, as well as the VCIQ was also. But sadly the world changed in the last couple of years and so like so much has supply / availability has been put on Hold for now.
As with everyone we all hope and look forward to better days to come.

But for sure we / BBS are not going anywhere

ATB

Colin, MD BBS Ltd

Post #22607577th Nov 2021 10:44 am
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Colin - great to hear you and BBS are still around - I thought it had all gone quiet!

My MSV2 with multi-vehicle licence is a great tool still. Any chance of getting a more user friendly interface (like the IID tool) - would keep it current and compete with the other tools?

Post #22607997th Nov 2021 5:47 pm
Beenzer

Hiya Colin,

Thanks for the in depth, very informative reply.

As I said before, I had absolutely no complaints with the older nanocom I bought from yourselves, and so I wouldn't hesitate in giving this a try once it becomes available again.

Any idea when it will be available to buy again?

cheers

Tam

Post #22608027th Nov 2021 6:02 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Guys

Thank you all for your kind appreciation of my reply and my adding in my Tuppence worth to this thread.

As many are aware, the issues that have faced business all over the world for the last 18 months / 2 years have seen many businesses struggle just to survive and many have been lost forever.
Sadly as many have noticed this is now badly affecting even surviving businesses with supply issues / problems

However, as stated, we / BBS are still here and although we were not able to continue developments at the same level pace we would wish for, we are now starting to return to return to our prior degree of innovation.

I / we will of course advise of any further development and the re introduction of the amazing Rovacom IQ / VCIQ re introduction ETC.

ATB

Colin

Post #22655775th Dec 2021 11:42 am
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Good to hear that you have not shut down or went under Colin.
I just blew some dust of my stone age Msv-2 on sunday.
A por family had got a faulty autobox on a 2006 D3, vibrations, banging when changing gears, F in ipack. por running engine. They spoke the dealers and they had a look at it and said sorry, we dont touch old cars like that.
They managed to get in touch with a bloke I know, that wanted to help em out in this christmas times, so they drove the car to him to have a look. . He quickly found out that the heads where cracked and thats why it used coolant. and Wrong Oil in the gear box where filled from the dealer.. They did not notice it until the warranty was out. My friend offered to take hees engine and gearbox from a 2006 RRS in to the Disco so they could go and visit family this year. Everything when smoooth with the mechanical and electrical stuff.
But the gearbox was stuck in Limp mode and F in the ipac.
He called me and asked if I could have a look and to help this family in need.
When I got there, the owner and hees wife where there, you could see the frustration and the despair that the holidays where lost. Not to worry I said, The Msv-2 is here to save you!
Found out that the gearbox had RRS software on it and it needed to be reprogramed with D3 software. Flashing modules is painfully slow while they where stuck staring and my laptop screen watching the % go up and up... The pling and the plongs when it was done programing made em jump.. lol.... ohh :censored: What happend?? is everyting ok?? Yes, it is perfectly normal I told em.
The F was gone in the Ipac and the family was happy, wife said to me, It it wherent for covid, we would give you a family hug... Soo cute.. we waved em farwell as they drove away in a fully working D3 again.
So Thank you Colin & team for making such a great great product, it even saves families if distress!

But a bit more modern and user friendly interface would not hurt, even tho it runs on DOS, yes Ms-DOS, its still kicking and screaming alive.. good'ol Os

Post #226844221st Dec 2021 9:58 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I still have my MSV2 Pro, it has from memory 4 different licenses, I just use it as a backup now though, I have even thought about selling it, but not sure how much they are worth now.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #226847922nd Dec 2021 10:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >