Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Spotted

Belgian in Kelchsau
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
espri

Austria 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Belgian in Kelchsau

Kelchsau is a small ski area in the Kitzbühel Alps, off the Brixental, not far from Hopfgarten. I went there today after finding that the Hohe Salve area, where I had intended skiing, was already overrun with skiers and the car-parks full. When I arrived at Kelchsau, I found I wasn't alone - there was already a Belgian TDV6 HSE parked at the lift.

As you can see, the area isn't sunk in snow. But when did a lack of snow ever keep a Scot from skiing? I have been thinking in the last weeks that the hills here looked like the Cairngorms at the end of April rather than the Alps in February.

The run down to the valley is largely artificial snow but was good enough for skiing. There certainly wasn't any crush here.

Apart from the chairlift, Kelchsau only has two other T-bars. The runs away from the snow cannons were a bit scrappy in places but still skiable. And the weather was superb, blue cloudless skies. The third photo shows the view looking across the Brixental to the Hohe Salve - and an alternative form of transport.

An enjoyable day.

Eric

Post #13120019th Feb 2007 12:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >