Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Best Diagnostic Tool?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

There isnt a best i dont think , one tool will always have advantages and disadvantages over the next tool.

The best is to have them all Smile

Pete

Post #45437714th Apr 2009 10:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fastrac

United Kingdom 

Is there any other alternatives to the faultmate in this price range?

Cheers

Post #45445415th Apr 2009 8:17 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I don't think we've seen anything on here that competes at that price point and with the same functionality so far.
I'm sure someone would have said (and there's been plenty of discussion about it!)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #45446915th Apr 2009 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

The problem is that anyone can pick up an OBDII manual and knock up software / hardware that can extract the information because its all standardized and documented.
However in the case of vehicles like the D3, OBDII legislated data makes up only a very small percentage of what else is available and the Ford (in this case) keeps how to access all the other stuff very secret indeed.
That means that anyone wanting to figure it out has to work hard at it and that quite understandably makes it very expensive.

Thats why any manufacturer dedicated system with capabilities like the manufacturers own diagnostic equipment always seems to cost several thousand with very few exceptions.

As you can see with our CCF edit capabilities, we obviously like to go way beyond mere OEM equipment capabilities with our software as well as providing loads of nice features and touches. As such, if you wanted all vehicle capabilities with our equipment it would actually cost significantly more than any other equipment.

However because we supply it modularly, tailored more for private enthusiasts, where customers can choose specific models or systems and even have equipment just for one specific car (by VIN), we have a unique ability to supply the equipment at a tenth of the price of anything else.

So, for what my opinion is worth, there really is no alternatives i know of in this sort of price range, and if there were something, i personally very much doubt they would be able to match us for features and access capability.

But i heartily commend you for asking and looking, very sensible indeed, please don't let me adding my opinion put you off. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #45452115th Apr 2009 11:03 am
fastrac

United Kingdom 

If i was to go for your diagnostic tool BBS SPY. How much would it cost with the D3 module?

Also, BAS said it may be able to load remaps to the ecu.

Cheers

Post #45454415th Apr 2009 12:07 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

The price for the SV222 kit which is the recommended and most popular option is GBP 770 Plus about 30/35 ish GBP for shipping and VAT @ 15% if you don't have a valid VAT number to give us.

There is a special offer on until the end of this month (Apr 09) of 20% discount but i am afraid that it is really for established members only and you are sadly well below the requirements.

But i tell you what i will do if you do decide to invest in one. I will give you a 10% discount off the price making it 693.63. and i will donate the remaining 10 % (77 GBP) to the site. Thumbs Up I will also give all newbies that same offer.

Now that the CCF Edit capability is released, our next objective is to finish the reprogramming / re flashing capabilities on all ECU's
We have already done most of the work for that, having postponed it only to concentrate on getting the CCF edit released first and indeed here is a picture of our file database software in action. I estimate that we have a few weeks left on it before it is also released.

Click image to enlarge

Regards the BAS remapping, as well as being able to program the standard LR flash data into any ECU including the engine management, due to our collaboration, you will also be able to buy custom modified flash data files (maps) from Pete and use this equipment to upload that into the ECU.

So its a capability in the making, and in fact now that we are back to software development, there will be a torrent of updates to our systems D3 access and capabilities coming in fairly quick succession for most of this year. And of course any owner of one of our systems will get such additional software upgrades with the added features and functionality for absolutely free.

hope this helps, regards

Post #45455615th Apr 2009 12:41 pm
BLACK BETTY

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yes Confused

But what can it do Question
 Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.

Also appears 9/10 of stopping is stopping in time

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DiscoReaper&view=videos 

Post #45456415th Apr 2009 1:04 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Bodsy wrote
Quote:

or there’s this….
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32824.html?highlight=bbs
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #45457315th Apr 2009 1:39 pm
fastrac

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the offer BBS SPY. A'm seriously considering this tool for my D3.

Does this offer last till the end of the month as well?

Thanks for all the iformation.

Cheers

Post #45487816th Apr 2009 7:23 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yes, this offer would be till the end of this month too.

You are welcome, if you need anything more, please feel free to ask. Thumbs Up

Post #45488416th Apr 2009 7:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >