Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Big Thankyou
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
thirdtimelucky

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Had three Disco's now, all had lots of problems over the years. Tried a Volvo estate for three months but hated it - missed my TD5 so much I cried for a week. (Ought to mention here that I am female, not that crying is exclusive to us). Love my Disco 3 to bits and am working my way through the faults list with the dealers!! All part of the fun!?

Post #450711st Mar 2006 8:01 pm
Piero

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

dazzpowder wrote:
Piero wrote:
2000 miles and only a new Turbo needed!!!! Very Happy

Piero how could you tell the Turbo needed changing, was it something that just failed or were there small signs of impending failure?

On my first day driving home there was a bong and the Engine System Failure message came up, took her to the dealer and a new turbo was diagnosed, they had done a few before so a well known fault. No symtoms while driving though, exept the ECU automatically cut power to 35% to protect from any engine damage. Apparently its the electronic variable vane actuator that sticks, only remedy is a whole new turbo as it comes a one item. 15 Hour job apparently!!! Nice!
 2006 TDV6 SE
Buckingham Blue/Alpaca
Privacy Glass
Adaptive Xenons
19 Inch Alloys 

Post #450871st Mar 2006 8:47 pm
Terrierking

England 
faults

Today was the only problem I have had in just over 4k miles - a screw in the n/s rear tyre Rolling Eyes
 'LARA'
TDV6 S in Bonitti Grey. 

Post #450891st Mar 2006 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
HarrisonB

England 

ej,

Land Rover has manufactured 60,000 D3s, this site has 797 users, that’s just over 1% of owners worldwide. My guess is that is that if all 797 are owners then the majority will be happy with their D3s. The next time one catches your eye and you drool, look at the drivers face Very Happy

I waited 14 months and watched this site like a hawk before trading the D1 that I’d owned for 10 years; yes I was apprehensive, as with all new cars there is a risk (I also owned a Ford C-max that went to the dealership 22 times in 24 months of ownership, its been dumped).

12 weeks of ownership and not a single fault. I count myself lucky, I’m pleased I’m not risk averse. Thanks to this site, Martin and its users I made an informed decision and have no regrets. Now where’s that grin

H
 D3 gone for now  
Post #450901st Mar 2006 8:58 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Mine will be on almost 40,000 miles by the time I get home tomorrow. It had a few early issues, but it is on its original suspension compressor, turbo, steering, parking brake (ok the PB is noisy and failing, but it can wait until service time).

I still have a grin, I love the way the kids on the way to school trip over things and walk into lamp posts as they stare at your cool looking car! 8)

Post #450941st Mar 2006 9:07 pm
Vectis

England 

I traded in a 2003 Rangerover for my Disco and the Rangerover never gave me the "Grin" that the Disco 3 does.

Post #451031st Mar 2006 9:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >