Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Blanking EGR - Good or Bad?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Rodders

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ignoring most of the recent stuff – somebody needs to look out the valium!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter – Excellent banter nonetheless. I’m looking at tweakin’ my TDV6 and the more reading I do on here the more I’m leaning towards a BAS remap. If anyone could answer my questions re fuel quality to put ma mind at ease then I’d be leaning further (see chip vs remap in this section – cheers Pete! Wink Wink ).

Anyway in conjunction with the remap I’d be interested in blanking the EGR, likely also by use of a kit from BAS. Has anyone had noticeably detrimental effects on startup with the EGR blanked off? Mine is heading for the LR dealer who sold it to me to have sluggish 1st thing in the morning starting amongst other little warranty issues looked at this week. If they find F*** All then I don’t want to make things worse by blanking the EGR.

Post #45611518th Apr 2009 11:55 am
goodfella

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had to postpone getting my EGR blanked by TFC last month but should be getting it done in May.

Can any of these things affect the sluggishness caused by the EGR problem - brand/quality diesel, redex or other additives? I'm only asking because my problems have been intermittent, sometimes it clears itself although now its been constant for a week or so.

The last two tankfuls were Tesco and BP Ultimate I think it was, both of which I added Redex to and I had no problems that month. Prior to the Redex I was, and now I am again in spite of the Redex. So I'm just asking is it worth considering which brand of diesel etc or does it not matter a jot?
 Badda bing.......How you doin'?

Java black SE, standard spec. Clean and shiny.

Club TFC - Off Road Essentials
Club Tesco Finest Warranty
Club G4 Stickers even though it's not a G4
Club Rhino Rack 

Post #45673920th Apr 2009 7:56 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >