DISCO4.COM > General

blend door motor operating in the incorrect degrees
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ljdiscovery

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
blend door motor operating in the incorrect degrees

Not sure exactly how to describe the issue,

We have a 2006 Range Rover Sport. (same blend door motors as the LR3) I have a wonky driver's side (LHD) blend door motor. (the blend door in the default position lets in cold air. The motor moves it to allow in hot air) The motor worked, it just seemed to move the 90 degrees in a way that didn't line up with the blend door itself. The motor moved from say 6 o'clock to 3 o'clock and the blend door is designed to move from say 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock. I ordered a second motor thinking that mine had a bug. The new one arrived and it has the same movement. I am stumped. I can manually move the blend door and the heat flows fine. If I turn the fan on at the third position or greater, the vacuum keeps the blend door in the hot air position. The passenger side seems to work fine. The motors all move when the dials are adjusted. Is there a faulty programming issue with the driver's side blend door motor? There is a white tab that fits into the motor and over the blend door . The tab only fits the motor in one position and it only fits over the blend door nub in one position.

The numbers on each of the motors, the original and the replacement are the same. I checked the driver's blend door motor number on our LR3 and it is the same number as well. The temperature has dropped to 48 degrees this morning, it would be nice to have some heat on the drive into work.....thanks Phil

(there are two actuator motors on the driver's side of the heater box, this motor that I am dealing with is the lower motor, the numbers on the motor are MF113930-0680b, EAB512 Manu. Date of 06.02.05)

Post #20063195th Dec 2018 5:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >