Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Snap!

Almost, mines the updated version
 The End  
Post #13172421st Feb 2007 12:00 am
Helmsdale

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks team really helpful stuff. The thing is I would never have posted this if the dealers were reasonable but I have been faced with a Little Britain type scenario of "computer says no!" . They are talking about discounting the repair but it's still going to be £700+ which makes £1400 in total including last weeks service which included new brake pads. What about the park brake warning light guys, why was it activated in conjunction with my obviously fast deteriorating clutch mechanism?

Post #13172921st Feb 2007 12:16 am
macburns

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Just out of curiosity, who makes the manual transmission for Disco's overseas, and is it used in any other cars/trucks?

Post #13174721st Feb 2007 1:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jeff

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Helmsdale wrote:
What about the park brake warning light guys, why was it activated in conjunction with my obviously fast deteriorating clutch mechanism?

Hi Helmsdale,
sorry to hear of your problems, I too have a manual and had the park brake error appear on my way home from a service, typically your selected gear display would be a couple of seconds slow to appear and the light would come on between 3rd and 4th? If so it is a recognized fault caused by the dealer not correctly recalibrating the gearbox sensor (if my memory serves me at all!) there isn't actually a fault but the dealer would need to recalibrate (mine needed 2 attempts) i don't see that this would be connected to your clutch problem. Hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction.
Jeff
 D3 TDV6SE
Defender 110 V8 lpg

www.carlyonbay.net
www.thepavillioncarlyonbay.co.uk 

Post #13178421st Feb 2007 9:48 am
Beldaal

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'd like to add further thanks to all of you.

Quick trip tonight to get a takeaway in my trusty May 2005 D3. Coming back up a long steep hill (30 mph enforced), I stopped at a red light half-way up. Taking off on green, the revs spun up wildly, no pull and terrible smell (although it was changing gears OK). I though for a moment (madly) that it had dropped into low ratio. After the hill, and another red light, it pulled away and even clocked a good speed Very Happy on the motorway for the 6 miles back, and seemed to show no ill aftereffects - yet.......

The smell hangs around though.

So - evening ruined - I though I'd search on 'clutch' and got this thread - and my VIN is 5A342618. So - hello dealers!

Where would I be without you all? I just wish that there'd have been a www.disco2.co.uk a couple of years ago Crying or Very sad

Nigel
 '05 Zambezi TDV6 S Manual  
Post #1367337th Mar 2007 10:10 pm
fakesnake

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Well, I've joined the merry throng of clutch sufferers now. The scenario seems all too familiar -a honk of burning clutch accompanied by yellow handbrake warning light. Occured on normal road, never been towing etc & at 33K miles. Gone into Dealer now & will see. If it's a new clutch & flywheel at 33K then it will be a warrenty fight ahead for me.
Getting to know the L/R Assist Team quite well now Big Cry
 Richard  
Post #14373228th Mar 2007 3:46 pm
sacimiddx

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I have same problem you should get clutch no problem show them a print of the TSB earlier in the this thread
landrover only seem to allow flywheel after inspection
mines in for replacement 11/4 see - 'clutch replacement - warranty denied !' thread in general
 Illegitimi Non Carborundum  
Post #14377928th Mar 2007 5:45 pm
pdes

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Beldaal wrote:
I just wish that there'd have been a www.disco2.co.uk a couple of years ago Crying or Very sad

Nigel

There was!!!
 D4 HSE MY2015
8 Speed
Causeway Grey
Towpack
Surround cameras (joke!)
Vision assist
Extended roof rails
Rear Ladder
Remote heat
Prospeed sliders with steps 

Post #14391329th Mar 2007 9:29 am
fakesnake

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

True to form, 2 weeks later I've a new clutch under warrenty at 33K miles, no hassle whatsoever. Thank you Sturgess. Must admit I took the TSB in & spoke to someone in authority though.
 Richard  
Post #14862316th Apr 2007 3:03 pm
peter

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Helmsdale wrote:
Thanks team really helpful stuff. The thing is I would never have posted this if the dealers were reasonable but I have been faced with a Little Britain type scenario of "computer says no!" . They are talking about discounting the repair but it's still going to be £700+ which makes £1400 in total including last weeks service which included new brake pads. What about the park brake warning light guys, why was it activated in conjunction with my obviously fast deteriorating clutch mechanism?

your problem is exactly the same as mine only that i have done 30K kms about 19000 miles - did you ever get anywhere with Landrover ? I am just starting with Landrover Dublin and it would be interesting to learn of any precedent

Post #2106022nd Oct 2007 3:29 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Peter, you really should read THIS thread.

Timms told me afterwards he got every penny back of Land Rover. Yours should be covered.

Post #2109302nd Oct 2007 11:12 pm
NIDisco3

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

This site is a fantastic source of info Smile

Just had my 30k Service done, the car was running fantastic up until recently, started noticing a burning smell from under the car, then the amber light came on the dashboard. LR Assist arrived and took the Disco to the supplying dealer, they infromed me that dirt was trapped in the brake area, causing the smell and causing the loud squealing from the handbrake Rolling Eyes

Picked up the car last night and found whilst driving home, they clutch was shuddering badly when taking off from a standstill and continued through 2nd & 3rd, spoke to the dealer this morning to be told that their mechanic may have noticed the same problem Evil or Very Mad they are trying to fob me off saying that this is wear and tear and "these things happen" and will cost in the region of £1000 Censored to fix.

A quick search on Disco3 finds me that I aint the only one who has had this problem, armed with my new info I have now spoken to the service manager, gave him the Bulliten Number TSB 308-001 and my VIN Number which is within that of the bulliten, just waiting to hear back from them now..... Needless to say I will be expecting all the work to be carried out under warrenty.. 30k Miles for a clutch Censored Censored

Post #21424711th Oct 2007 2:05 pm
largsbear

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

HI I seem to have the same problem....can someone tell me where to get the VIN number from so I can check if im covered....thanks and very worried
 TDv6 S 7 seat
Kenwood Touchscreen with Kenwood DV3200 Sat Nav. Landrover PTI Bluetooth phone kit. Ps2 with 4 necvox screens. Towbar and electrics. 

Post #22369813th Nov 2007 8:00 am
DrLex

Iceland 

Well, the VIN number of your car should be visible at the bottom of the windscreen and the VIN numbers subject to the bulletin can be found on the first page of this topic, about halfway down in one of Winger's posts.
To save electrons and key pushes, here's the latter: Manual transmission vehicles only VIN-range: 5A300394-7A422271
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #22370813th Nov 2007 9:19 am
largsbear

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

hi the number i have from my windscreen is
SALLAAA175A309132....is this correct???
 TDv6 S 7 seat
Kenwood Touchscreen with Kenwood DV3200 Sat Nav. Landrover PTI Bluetooth phone kit. Ps2 with 4 necvox screens. Towbar and electrics. 

Post #22371013th Nov 2007 9:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >