Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Not D3 specific...possibly a rant....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ballast

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Not D3 specific...possibly a rant....

Possibly not quite the right forum and possibly in breach of various rules, but I'll crack on anyway...

So, as well as the D3, I've got a new shape RRS. I've had a difficult relationship with my local dealer in MK (they're crap) and decided when the service was due this time that no way was I going back to them. So, I rang Guy Salmon, Northampton and they quoted £380 for the minor service that's due. Then phoned Lancaster in MK, just to see what their price was given the ease of being local. "£890" was the answer. "Oh" I said, "that seems quite a bit more expensive than other dealers"; "I'm sorry" came the response and pretty much hung up. £890 for an oil change!!!

Anyway, there we are. Don't use LR in MK, they are SO bad it makes my eyes water. Some of you may recall that Trinity Land Rover in Hinckley ceased to exist primairly because they were appalling with customer service. I hope LR in MK go the same way.

Just to keep the D3 connection, belts, service, oil pump and a bit of Dr Tranny done today - £1200 eye watering pounds, but worth it!! To note, this was my local (excellent!) Indy!!

Best to all.

Chris

Post #202411331st Jan 2019 8:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >