Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Bluetooth on the low spec model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
sceh

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 4
Bluetooth on the low spec model

I have a 2011 D4 S. The radio is obviously the non-touchscreen version but it does have a phone button and on-hook/off-hook. When I select phone I get a picture of a loudspeaker and the word MUTE. Now, since I didn't request bluetooth, this is reasonable but are you telling me LR is so stupid it has removed the bluetooth function even though the radio clearly says PHONE?

Post #83996926th Sep 2011 12:08 pm
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Re: Bluetooth on the low spec model

sceh wrote:
I have a 2011 D4 S. The radio is obviously the non-touchscreen version but it does have a phone button and on-hook/off-hook. When I select phone I get a picture of a loudspeaker and the word MUTE. Now, since I didn't request bluetooth, this is reasonable but are you telling me LR is so stupid it has removed the bluetooth function even though the radio clearly says PHONE?

Are the Bluetooth buttons present on the steering wheel, if so then Bluetooth is fitted and all you have to do is to pair your phone to it. If no buttons then what you have is a simple way of muting the audio if you are using a phone (when parked up and not moving, obviously!).
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #84008526th Sep 2011 4:19 pm
sceh

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 4

No buttons on the steering wheel but big ones on the radio/keyboard. One says Answer and is green and the other is red. There is also a button that says PHONE. I reckon this had bluetooth but they disabled it deliberately. Could this have been done by the same LR marketing genii who decided that, when you buy the parking radar, it is only fitted to the rear unlike the rest of the market who fit it both ends? Little things...
The Disco is, by far, the best 4x4 ever but there are trivia....
So, if anyone knows the fix or me to get bluetooth, let me know?

Post #84014926th Sep 2011 6:19 pm
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Pending the arrival of one of the inhouse techno whizzes, have u checked the instructions to see if you can pair a phone with those buttons?

Also do you have a full numeric keypad (0-9) on the radio? If not I doubt you have it, unless LR are offering a parrot like system on lower spec models?
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #84016826th Sep 2011 6:54 pm
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

sceh wrote:
No buttons on the steering wheel but big ones on the radio/keyboard. One says Answer and is green and the other is red. There is also a button that says PHONE. I reckon this had bluetooth but they disabled it deliberately.

If there are no steering wheel buttons, then I don't think yours has bluetooth enabled.... Dunno if it can be enabled but it seems pointless to me unless you have the steering wheel buttons (means a new wheel) or you are able to set your phone to auto-answer (last thing you want to be doing is fumbling about looking for the right button when on the move hence why they put the steering wheel buttons on!!!!)

sceh wrote:
Could this have been done by the same LR marketing genii who decided that, when you buy the parking radar, it is only fitted to the rear unlike the rest of the market who fit it both ends?

Rear is more or less standard now, front has always been an option (sadly one I didn't go with - the only thing I wish I had extra on mine now in hindsight!). Most higher spec vehicles have it fitted.
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #84025526th Sep 2011 9:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >