DISCO4.COM > Other Site Sponsors

Bluetooth Module Exchange Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 53 123 ... 515253>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Bluetooth Module Exchange Service

Bluetooth module exchange service

Im offering a bluetooth exchange service . Basically this is a LR bluetooth unit programed with the latest software . This will cure any pairing issues and allow the phonebook to be displayed on the radio display and also the LCD screen on the dash .( phone dependant )

All these modules will be tested by me before being sent so i know they work .

It will involve you removing the back panel from the OSR boot . You do not need to remove the whole panel just one end . It is very easy and requires one T50 TORX screw to be removed , one philips screw and a couple of clips .Instructions will be included and hopefully a video aswell . ( i will also send a 1/2" or 3/8" drive T50 torx socket with the bluetooth module)

Once removed there is a small torx screw holding the bluetooth module in place ( can be undone with a normal flat screwdriver ) . There is then 2 connectors that need to be removed .These just unclip ..and can only fit one way .

Swap the bluetooth unit , test the unit ( before you put the panel back ) , refit panel . Send the old bluetooth unit to me and the socket ...Job done.

The cost for this service is £65 ..UK and Europe ... Rest of the world £70

For this you get the latest software bluetooth module , use of torx socket and postage to your address . You would have to pay return postage .

Im very trusting , so im hoping no one is going to try and send a faulty unit back . If this is the case then i will have to implement some sort of disclaimer and cost ..but im hoping i dont need to do this .

So who will benifit from this .

People who have factory fit bluetooth ( PTI kit ) who cant get the phonebook over bluetooth or having pairing issues . If you take your car to the dealer , they will tell you it cant be programed and needs a new module (this is only because of the dealer tools not allowing this feature)

People who have also asked me to program there bluetooth , who live at the other end of the country and are unlikly to see me for a while .

It will be a simple process ..there will be a web site which you go onto , create a user name and password .
Fill in your details and pay ( paypal or bank transfer ) . If you want to pay another method you need to PM me.
You will only see your own details ..no one elses . I can see all , but cannot see any passwords .

Once i have recieved payment , i will tick to say its been sent and what order you are in ( if any ) the que .
You can log in at any time to see where you are in the que and whether the unit has been sent .
I will tick the box saying recieved when i get it back and forward a newly programmed unit on to the next .

I have 20 units ..so im hoping no one will have to wait too long .

I am not putting any time limits on how long it takes you to change over the unit , as i know things can crop up ..and if like me you have to empty the contents of your boot first and wait for a non rainy day to do it .But please try not to abuse this .

These modules are the same as the ones in RRsport and FF Range Rover ( later Model Years with touch screens ) . These are even easier to remove ..they are behind the removable panel on the NSR (FFRR ) and OSR (RRSport )

Does this sound like something people will be interested in ?

Any questions ?

NOTE ....IF YOUR BLUETOOTH PAIRS WITH 0000 THIS EXCHANGE SERVICE IS NOT FOR YOU ..( YOU HAVE THE AFTERMARKET KIT )

EDIT ...

WEBPAGE www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk/

Piccy of bluetooth module in place

Trim removal ( remember its the DRIVERS SIDE REAR panel )

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...emoval.pdf

REMEMBER ..YOU WILL NEED TO REPAIR YOUR PHONE ONCE AS ITS A DIFFERENT MODULE THAN YOU WERE PAIRED WITH BEFORE ....CODE 2121

NOTE ....PLEASE COULD YOU AIM TO RETURN THE OLD UNIT WITHIN 2 WEEKS .

IF YOU ARE PAYING BY BANK TRANSFER ..PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME / USERNAME AS A REF ...NOT BLUETOOTH MODULE ...THANKS

BlackBerry Users PLEASE NOTE

These updates work with most Blackberry devices, but not all firmware and devices have been tested. Due to the wide range of handsets and current ever changing BB firmware versions available, if this does not work, I will be happy to refund, less £10 for P&P & admin.
But if you have an older module, then this update will provide Phonebook contacts over BT once any BB issues have been fixed.
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten 

Last edited by wiggs on 15th Nov 2012 6:14 pm. Edited 17 times in total 
Post #67712527th Jul 2010 7:32 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

hi Wiggs

If this will show the phone book on my 07 without having to enter diagnositic codes etc then I'll have one. Having the book on the radio screen is no use. Bargain for less than the cost of a tank of fuel!

What is the web address - I'll sign up.

Alex

Post #67712827th Jul 2010 7:39 pm
wiggs

This will only show the phonebook on the radio and LCD screen on the dash ( as there supposed to )

If you have a Range rover the numbers will come up on the touch screen display.

I dont get what you mean by the diagnostic codes and phonebook Confused
Post #67713027th Jul 2010 7:43 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

that seems fine - phone book on the dash is fine - not fussed about dialing from there. What I meant by diagnostic codes was that this solution would not be any use if you had to put the screen in diagnostic mode to get the phone book to display. If it switches automatically when the phone book is selected on the radio controls then that is great. Don't want any fiddling around with hidden buttons to get it to do something. If it won't display natively on the dash then I am no better off than at the moment. Do you understand what I mean?

Post #67713427th Jul 2010 7:48 pm
wiggs

Yes ..i understand .

On the radio you just hit the phone button and turn the right hand knob ..this then scrolls through your phonebook . You can use the keypad to jump to a different letter if you dont want to scroll all the way through your contacts .

The dash LCD ...just hit the green phone button on the steering wheel ..then use the steering wheel up /down button to select contact ..when found hit the green phone button again to dial it
Post #67713627th Jul 2010 7:56 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

That is fine. Thanks. Let me know how to sign up!

Post #67713727th Jul 2010 7:58 pm
wiggs

web site here

http://www.bluetoothexchange.co.uk

Please let me know if its easy enough to use ..thanks

Oh ...im going away for 3 weeks on Friday ..so the first 3 who take up this offer before Friday can take there time fitting there modules as i wont be able to do any thing till i return

Last edited by wiggs on 24th Sep 2013 10:33 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #67713927th Jul 2010 8:04 pm
gingercoastie

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I will take you up on this, but will wait until after you have been away.

Post #67714427th Jul 2010 8:12 pm
wiggs

No probs Thumbs Up
Post #67714527th Jul 2010 8:15 pm
wiggs

Alex08 wrote:
that seems fine - phone book on the dash is fine - not fussed about dialing from there. What I meant by diagnostic codes was that this solution would not be any use if you had to put the screen in diagnostic mode to get the phone book to display. If it switches automatically when the phone book is selected on the radio controls then that is great. Don't want any fiddling around with hidden buttons to get it to do something. If it won't display natively on the dash then I am no better off than at the moment. Do you understand what I mean?

After reading this again ....i think you are expecting the phonebook to show on the touch screen display ..if thats the case then NO it does not . This is only a feature on the Range Rover
Post #67715027th Jul 2010 8:20 pm
lurk

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
blue tooth module

Excuse me if I'm being dim - but...

How does this interface with the voice activated dial up on a TDV6 XS - paddle button left hand side of steering wheel ? I'm reluctant to plough through the handbook ... but will if you cant help. Currently I have phone number displayed - but have had connection problems resulting in having to turn of the phone and restart and pair...

Cheers
Mat
PS you still got a module free ? I registered on your site - very easy - will do BT later
 Why do I have 2 big hands when my D3 maintenance requires small hands and at least three of them ?  
Post #67715827th Jul 2010 8:23 pm
wiggs

Do you mean using the voice buttton to dial out ?
Post #67716027th Jul 2010 8:30 pm
lurk

Yep !

Lurk
 Why do I have 2 big hands when my D3 maintenance requires small hands and at least three of them ?  
Post #67716827th Jul 2010 8:37 pm
wiggs

2 ways ..first is go into the settings button on touch screen display

Click voice settings

then voice add name

Type in the number ..press add ..she will ask for the name ...she will then repeat and ask if its ok

Then pressing the voice dial button ..say "phone dial name " ..she will ask what name ..easy

Secondly

Press the voice button ..say "phone store name " you will be prompted for number and name ...make sure you say Zero insted of O ...thats it
Post #67717127th Jul 2010 8:49 pm
lurk

Wiggs You are on the ball, but my XS doesn't have the lcd touch screen in the centre dash - just the radio and small display behind the wheel - but that asside will the module transfer the voice command to the phone or store it within the module - or to put it another way - if I change phone will I then still have the numbers in the car module ?
I ramble on.... Embarassed
Cheers Lurk
Post #67717327th Jul 2010 8:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 53 123 ... 515253>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >