Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Bluetooth phone system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Oats

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Bluetooth phone system

Hi Guys - just bought a '05 HSE, so new to this forum. Read somewhere that the bluetooth system should connect more than one phone at the same time. Not the case with what I've got - one phone at a time plus I can't use the keypad to dial out. The sales rep demonstrated that functionality on a '07 model but it doesn't work on the '03. Is this a matter of a software upgrade or is there more involved?

Cheers in advance.

Post #36657729th Oct 2008 7:45 pm
TrueBlue

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ive just bought an 06 HSE and it doesnt work with 2 phones but im booked in to get it looked at as i may be able to get the phonebook over bluetooth to work, if there nice to me i may get the upgrade under warranty Smile may have more news for you on friday after speaking to them,
cheers TrueBlue Smile
 2006 Discovery3 HSE TDV6
BIG BLACK BEASTY 

Post #36664029th Oct 2008 10:11 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Ive got an 06 HSE and you can "pair" the system up with any number of phones but it only every stayed connected to the "first" one that connected.

Ive recently had the B'tooth phone book upgrade with a new 08 B'tooth module and the same applies
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #36664329th Oct 2008 10:14 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

the factory BT system only supports connection to one device at a time I'm afraid, if you have two phones (or more) paired with the PTI then it connects to the last added 'phone. Without the phonebook over BT extra functionality as long as the 'phone is actually paired and active then the keypad dialling should still work with the number being displayed on the radio display.

edit: maybe it's down to the reaction speed of the 'phone Duncan?
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #36664429th Oct 2008 10:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Oats

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Guys - thanks for the feedback - appreciate it.

Post #3833544th Dec 2008 9:17 pm
eaglesrest

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

It's tricky - you can pair more than one phone but it looks for the last connected phone as a priority - if it finds it then it connects to that and ignores any other until the car is turned off and then restarted.

This can mean that if you have 2 phones with bluetooth active 'near' the car then it will connect to the last phone connected even if its not the phone used by the current driver. Then when the new driver sets off it obviously disconnects from the non-drivers phone as its out of range. Unfortunately it doesnt rescan for another phone and the new driver gets a message saying no phone installed or something similar even though BT is active and paired. If they stop and restart the car the phone will connect and can be used as normal.

I find this a pretty poor system, as we always have BT active on our phones. So if we are in the same house together when one sets off in the car, it doesnt work 50% of the time. Pretty major design flaw I'd say. What it should do is rescan for any paired phone once there is a disconnect and it cant reconnect to the last connected phone.

I actually thought our PTI was broken and was going to book it in to be looked at until I realised what was going on, and that it was by design. Still, I'd be interested to hear if anybody's works better than described? It seems that a new BT system is being fitted to the LCI cars so will probably address this issue.

Post #3834354th Dec 2008 11:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >