Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

More Bluetooth woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
oliver77

Wales 
More Bluetooth woes

Sorry to bring the dreaded Bluetooth subject up again but .......

......I have PTI fitted and I have a Nokia 8800 Sirocco phone. When I get into the car the phone connects straight away but if I am already speaking to someone it cuts the call.

More annoying than this is when you leave the car and go in the house the phone stays connected to the car so you answer the phone and you can't hear anything so you manualy have to switch bluetooth off on the phone.
Is this something that we have to live with or is there a trick to fix this somehow?

Thanks

Post #9400314th Oct 2006 7:35 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Tip 1
Don't unlock the car if you're on a call

Tip 2
Park further away from the house

Seriously, in the first case, the system is operating correctly, in the second, it should drop the BT within 2 mins after locking, unless a call is in progress during that time - do you get a 'retrieve call on phone?' option?

Post #9400514th Oct 2006 7:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oliver77

Wales 

cheers TFC, I probably haven't given in 2 mins to be fair.
First info about not unlocking the car will fix the other issue but could be better on future models. My father in law's 530d just switches to car phone when you get in.

Post #9400714th Oct 2006 7:51 pm
vertex

United Arab Emirates 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

So does my Lexus.
However, it could be the phone? Once I get in the Lex and the bluetooth connection is established with the car, my Sony ericsson P910 gives me the option to carry the conversation over the handset or switch to the car phone...Doe your Nokia do the same?

Post #9400914th Oct 2006 7:59 pm
oliver77

Wales 

Nope - just cuts off Crying or Very sad

Post #9401014th Oct 2006 8:01 pm
10forcash

My SE and Motorola give me the option - in both cases Wink

Post #9401114th Oct 2006 8:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

oliver77 wrote:
Sorry to bring the dreaded Bluetooth subject up again but .......

......I have PTI fitted and I have a Nokia 8800 Sirocco phone. When I get into the car the phone connects straight away but if I am already speaking to someone it cuts the call.

More annoying than this is when you leave the car and go in the house the phone stays connected to the car so you answer the phone and you can't hear anything so you manualy have to switch bluetooth off on the phone.
Is this something that we have to live with or is there a trick to fix this somehow?

Thanks

Totally agreed with oliver77!

This is the one thing I hate about D3s. If only I could select the option that the phone system was "live" only with ignition on. I have resorted to switching BT off on my 6230i & just using the cradle as the car will grab the phone call mid conversation if I or my wife goes to get something out of either D3s and the other is on his/her phone. As I use my mobile as my main phone (lots of unused minute c/o Carphonewarehouse!!!), this is my main phone.

Unfortunately all the BT kits I have been used to were only live with the ignition live so getting used to what I can not do with a 40k car vs a 8k car cf with a £180 car kit installed is a pain. Whatever Muppet decided this is how BT works with LRs should be "corrected", preferably painfully.

I just wish LR would accept that sometimes having the car BT phone system off is preferable so that we can use our phones when we are away from the car. For example trying to make a call from inside PC World when the car still had the phone!! If I was a business user I would be spitting teeth as I would be droping or missing calls from customers, the people LR should be listening to!

Rant over!!

Post #9401614th Oct 2006 8:47 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

best thing I've found to do with my 6230i:

leave BT switched on and if you need to answer a call or make one with the 'phone grabbed by the car, then simply push the 'use speaker' button (while the call is in progress) or whatever it is and then push it again to revert to the earpiece, seems to work! Smile
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #9401814th Oct 2006 8:52 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Will give it a go, however the main problem is remembering that the car is the phone when away from it from a short time, i.e. just after locking or unlocking or prior to switching on ignition. Also incoming calls ring in the car (with the stereo off) for that two minutes after locking is a major pain. LR should try shutting down their phone system for that time to see how inconvenient it is.

Post #9402114th Oct 2006 9:04 pm
10forcash

Seems LR are damned if they do, damned if they don't DSL...
The BT integration is tied into the infotainment system, which uses the MOST bus - this is controlled by the IHU, so, if it were as you suggest then the sat-nav, BT, entertainment and on '07MY vehicles, the TV system would only work with the ignition on, surely more of a pain for the 'average' user than the inconvenience of having to switch BT on and off on your phone if your call frequency is so high that you (or the caller) clashes with the boot up / down sequence. As with any microprocessor controlled system, it needs time to startup from cold, hence the reason why so many systems wake upon unlocking the vehicle, as I understand it, the two minute delay is there to cater for quick stops and 'change of mind' restarts, I think there'd be a lot of hacked off drivers if it took 30 - 60 seconds from starting the engine before infotainment systems were available...
BTW, on SE phones you can have a shortcut to BT on or off, not sure if you can do this on Nokias?

Post #9402314th Oct 2006 9:36 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

I agree that having the infotainment system as a whole on ignition only would be like putting the baby out with the bathwater. It would have been nice if there had been the ability to select BT switching on only with ignition within that system, have it warmed up but not actually operating. Poss too complicated but, as U know, my techie knowledge is very limited. There is a shortcut (of sorts) to switch BT on or off on the 6230i but it's remembering to do that as a routine when locking and unlocking. I now just have to remember to take it out of the cradle, many a time I'm half way down the street & realise I've forgotten the phone. Still that's not too bad, I've usually forgotten if I've locked the car!!! Shocked

Post #9407715th Oct 2006 8:57 am
10forcash

so maybe the phone power button on the IHU could toggle the BT on or off if the integrated cradle is empty eh? 8)

Post #9412915th Oct 2006 2:39 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

How?? Confused

Post #9414815th Oct 2006 4:43 pm
10forcash

ask LR nicely to reprogramme it Wink

Post #9415115th Oct 2006 4:51 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Post #9426016th Oct 2006 8:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >