Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Bodywork
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Pelyma

England 

I looked into the resale price difference and it didn't make any difference, but mine is really only visible on the passenger door when looked at form certain angles and v clean
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #552627th Jun 2005 8:34 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

My car has little blemishes around the edges of things like doors and certain panels. But you have to look very closely to see them and to be honest they don't really retract from the overall look of the car.

-s

Post #553127th Jun 2005 8:42 am
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Mine is on both sides from front to back and can be seen from all angles, the bonnet is like glass and how I believe the rest of the car should look. If I pay as much as I did for a car I want the paint job to be perfect and after looking at a few more Discovery 3's it seems to me that LR's paint work is less than perfect on a few vehicles. I am hoping that LR customer service will sort my problem out for me to my satisfaction but I really can't help wondering how a car manufacturer can allow vehicles to leave the plant in a condition like this. The problem I have is that no matter how I polish it it shines but there is non of that depth of shine because the paintwork makes it look like you are looking through bubble wrap.

Post #553227th Jun 2005 8:42 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Mind you... do you find the paint is very easy to scratch ? Maybe it the silver that shows them up but I think the quality / hardness of the finish is quite low. My V reg Freelander has paint that seems to be far harder to scratch.

-s

Post #553327th Jun 2005 8:43 am
funkeruski

United States 

Quote:
The paint on mine is almost perfect. There is a slight (and I mean very slight) shadow in the colour under the right rear window, over the fuel filler

I have found that I have the same issue with my finish. I picked my LR3 last weekend. When it is in the garage (Flourescent lights) I notice the same "shadow" in the paint. I have only noticed it on the hood. It almost looks like dark clouds in the paint. I don't really notice it in bright sunlight, but at dusk it can be seen. Anyone else noticed anything like this? The color of my LR3 is Maya Gold. Guess I won't worry about it since the only remedy wouldprobably be to repaint, and it would probably end up looking much worse. Below is a photo of what I am describing, although it is very hard to photograph.

Post #103117th Aug 2005 7:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >