Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

BPW diamond standard wheel locks (for brake S2504-7)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4
BPW diamond standard wheel locks (for brake S2504-7)

Does anyone know if these are complicated to install, someone told me they thought it's not an easy job as the Stub Axles might need removing ?
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #128192010th May 2014 10:16 am
scaniaman

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Fitted these to my Elddis twin axle caravan as only way to get insurance. Fitting the receivers into the stub axle was easy enough, just remove wheel and plastic bung, file off any rough edges and push in, tighten up and check the wheel is not catching the receiver, check you can fit the lock part then remove wheel and fit the blanking plate to hide the bolt in receiver.
However I have found these very hard to fit on site as the part that goes through the wheel is very tight and has to be spot on to get it to fit. Had an alko on on last caravan and you had more free play.
Renegotiated insurance so I only need to fit one and a Nemesis ultra on second axle, wish I tried for two of these as they can be fitted and removed very quickly, where as the BPW always requires the caravan moved a little to get it off.

Post #128223310th May 2014 10:28 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

Thanks Scaniaman, that's a good tip re just having one BPW and a Nemisis. I'm struggling to find a supplier for the BPW diamond locks at the moment and I'm collecting the new van next Friday and I've got a NNC approved engineer coming the day after to fit a mover and was planning to get him to fit the lock. I've just ordered a Robstop hitch lock which seem to be rated. Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #128234211th May 2014 9:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >