Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Brexit begins ***All conversation here***
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 75 of 295 <123 ... 747576 ... 293294295>
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

It seems that the Irish Taoiseach wants to play hard ball with the British Brexit negotiations.

An interesting position considering they still owe us billions from when we helped bail out their 2008 crash.

We are by far and away their biggest trading partner.

And also cover their airspace with our QRA typhoons in case of a wrong un from out west.

Interesting tactic.

hmmm.
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #188079618th Nov 2017 11:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
highlands

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Robbie wrote:
Indeed, the barman would like Mr Davis to 'do-one' if he thinks he will get any further trading discounts from his former club.

What are these 'trading discounts'?
Are you sure you're not confusing them with not adding the protectionist taxes?

The EU is supposed to be pro free trade.
It isn't really pro free trade if it thinks that there has to be a cost attached.
Funny the EU doesn't seem to think that Canada, South Korea, etc have to pay to have their free trade with the EU.
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto
Grey 05 TDV6 HSE Auto (Gone)
54 TDV6 SE Man (killed by me Sad

Post #188080418th Nov 2017 12:18 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

bigdave wrote:
This will make the Brexit arrangements so much clearer

Laughing Laughing Laughing

With this jokes and all the "Brexit is Brexit, 350 M for NHS, they need us more than we do, we will have the same as before but now we control everything, we want free trade for the benefit of third world countries, we we we we we " Brexit and brexiters are making the miracle. In EU now people is even starting to criticise less the EU and UK is more and more just a little island instead of a strong partner Laughing Laughing Laughing

EU now even looks and seems united against a country that cannot even have members of the government saying the same things (let alone articulate a common strategy or objectives)

Keep on the EU is laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

And indeed it does makes things clearer
 It takes all sorts (to make a world).

D3 HSE LHD gone but not forgotten 

Last edited by Riccardo on 18th Nov 2017 9:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #188097118th Nov 2017 7:47 pm
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well learn the lessons of history friend. It’s not the first time the uk has been the object of ridicule but in the final analysis who were the losers and who were the winners. We may seem in disarray but who had to stand up to European tyranny in all its forms and the EU is no different. What the EU cannot admit to is its there simply for the benefit of cheap labour for Germany and to provide it with an enlarged market. The protectionism of the German establishment is all there for any one to see if they only cared to look. The UK has stuck the stake into the ground. - enough is enough. I personally did not vote for brexit but it’s now obvious they the EU are only interested on how much money they can rip out of the UK. My advice walk away, stand back and watch the EU spit into factions and rip itself apart. After all when the UK has gone the remaining states need to vent their vitriol on someone probably each other. Germany aka the EU will try to keep the minor players in check by threating call in their debt. Eventually the worms will turn and the whole pack of cards will collapse. I have heard the same song all over Europe from Romania to Portugal , Germany aka the EU want to dominate and dictate the direction of Europe. Dis assemble your-industries and we will provide the goodies with loans etc. This is where the debt came from. Totally immoral. Let’s hope the UK can reverse this obscene situation.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #188099518th Nov 2017 9:09 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

Laughing Laughing learn from history (I am sure somebody also in the English government is still thinking there is the British empire). Based on what you say it seems that you did not know the history and you have started to study it only after the referendum given that you did not vote fo Brexit
My friend I understand that sometimes, particularly when future is confused or difficult it is better to look at the past.

Regarding Brits understanding what people in EU wants or needs I have big doubts. I have always said that Great Britain does not have anything to do with EU (hence was not surprised by Brexit), people is much more similar to US people than European people. It would be better if they can first clearly explain what they want. In the last few days we have heard Davis trying to progress in negotiation talking about what EU citizen want instead of explaining what the english people wants.

And then the domino effect, right forgot that one Laughing Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Please do not be worried about citizen from EU countries, they can take care of themselves focus on Brexit Laughing

As said also in the past, was not surprised by Brexit and thought that could turn out positive for all but a certain attitude at least of some people in UK and the ineptitude of the government is making everything a sadly funny show

Last edited by Riccardo on 18th Nov 2017 10:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #188100518th Nov 2017 9:33 pm
highlands

Still waiting for the EU to negotiate rather than try to dictate.
We don't tolerate dictators here! Wink
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto

Post #188101518th Nov 2017 10:01 pm
highlands

Noticing the Portugal location I should say that I am not unaware that for the Portugese (as with several other European nations) the mention of 'dictator' may still be raw, so no ill intent meant...pro-UK doesn't equal, for instance, anti-Portugal. Smile
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto

Post #188102118th Nov 2017 10:05 pm
highlands

Riccardo wrote:
Click image to enlarge

The UK has never had issue with tacking, while others jibe.
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto

Post #188102318th Nov 2017 10:08 pm
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Money is obviously a root cause of disagreement. I still think people don’t get it, the real issue in my view is that the remaining EU countries will all look around to fill the void of having no money coming from the UK. I expect we will see national self interest emerging when the bill has to be made up around the table.......we all have seen it out for a dinner “can I pay my share on the card and you all pay me the cash”

The dogged determination from the smaller contributor nations wanting to give the UK a whipping for stepping out of the club, Germany is going to take that? Greece, Ireland, and Portugal (of course) with the other major indebted nations in the EU will be told shut the Censored up by Herr Merkle because of German national self interest. Their car, construction and pharma industries will not allow their financial interests to be a political football. Penalties I hope not Whistle
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #188129719th Nov 2017 6:40 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

I also still do not think people get it
UK voted for Brexit, just do it without trying or pretending to solve the issues of the world or thinking about what is going to happen to EU. UK voted to leave, UK needs to present what they want to do so then it is possible to have meaningful negotiations/discussions and we all can get on with it
It seems people in UK is more busy analysing what Brexit means or might mean for EU than focusing on what means for the UK
Nobody in EU really cares what UK thinks about EU as UK is leaving EU
England should simply do their Brexit then EU will solve their issues and UK will not have anything to do or say in that and will not even have to worry about that

Post #188131419th Nov 2017 7:27 pm
maxbasscat

Riccardo: I think you make your point well and indeed highlight my view the EU is very concerned. It is just a money thing, if a lessor contributor country were to leave I think you would be right who cares! Just like Greenland did, who knew they had even been in then left. It suited Denmark mainland to stay. Scotland’s issue perhaps.

I think we would go quickly if the EU could see just how the EU and UK could work together in future. Negotiating 27 no to 1 no has to be significant odds to sing from the same sheet, some are falling in line no doubt. National self interest will surface. Someone said earlier the experiment may indeed fail sooner than EU wish because of political alignments.

Small issue but I gauge from within my own family (we were split 3 to 2 no) that in a straw pole it is now 4 no to 1 no caused primarily by obsufcation of remainers. Brits just do not like being told to go away and come back with the right answer attitude. I do not think we are delaying it is a negotiation.

Personally I thought we would remain but the remainers just did not get out of bed however it was a democratic vote. 52% apparently just like Greenland.
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #188133219th Nov 2017 7:58 pm
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ricardo.

Get your terminology right. Your history seems to be somewhat lacking in detail. There hasn’t been an “English”government “ for over 300 years. The EU is dealing with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Yes we will argue, disagree but in the end a concensus will prevail. It’s called democracy something that the EU cannot comprehend and when all is said and done this basis flaw will destroy the EU dream. You just cannot have unelected non entities dictating policy to the rank and file. Look at the what makes up the EU . For most of them came late to the democratic way of doing business. Germany and Spain are prime examples. As regards the former British empire why does its memory still rankle with our European neighbours. It’s gone but it still has left its mark on the affairs of the world at large. Yes we will cut of our nose to spite our face -that’s what makes us British and different and long may it continue and just remember if it wasn’t for the doggedness of the British you would probably be speaking at best French or at worst German. We respect you right to be different and long may it continue but don’t take us for fools as that will be the rock many have perished on.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #188134819th Nov 2017 8:25 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

maxbasscat

The who cares is still valid meaning that EU has a negotiator and it will be up to him to represent all the countries. The issue is that UK government cannot even represent itself. The countries want to hear about the deal as after that of course there will be discussions in EU on money and also a lot of other things

It is up to the UK to come with proposals for discussions. UK decided to leave.
The fact is that UK should come prepared and if they are not then they have to ask them to come back with the proposals. In "normal" situation you would not ask as that would not be necessary. If I tell you I have an agreement with you but I do not want it anymore and I want another one I guess you would expect me to come with a proposal and if you come back to me saying I want the same things that I like and not the things that I do not like you would not take me seriously and you would ask me to come back with something more reasonable
That is even more true if you represent 27 countries and I represent one and I have several members of my government declaring different things

The main issue now for the negotiation is this

Surely money is a big aspect but whatever the Brexit bill will be it will not cover everything and discussions and re-adjustments will be needed and those will have to be discussed by EU without UK once Brexit is done

I am glad there is more unity in your family Wink Laughing Laughing Surely Brits do not like being told to go away and come back with the right answer (and hope that that motivation will continue to be sufficient to think that Brexit was the right thing also in the future). In EU they do not like arrogance and having to wait forever Wink

Last edited by Riccardo on 19th Nov 2017 8:32 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #188135219th Nov 2017 8:28 pm
Riccardo

Portugal 

john watson wrote:
Ricardo.

Get your terminology right.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Get the terminology right and you cannot even spell my name correctly?

For the rest what can I say other than
Yawn Yawn Yawn

Last edited by Riccardo on 19th Nov 2017 8:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #188135419th Nov 2017 8:32 pm
maxbasscat

Got to say spelling my name wrong gets me going but I would not fight over it. Shocked In my later years I wonder whether we would fight for the same reasons we did in previous times. I actually think we would we are different though.

Again a personal point I would not pay a penny more that we are obliged to pay. The legislation apparently is silent on the matter. We do not have to pay but we will pay perhaps just because we are different.

I have no visibility on the negotiations I have no knowledge on who is bringing what to the table other than what the media says. I care only for a deal / concessionary exit to be made that means to me free of artificial tariffs for which the EU are undoubted masters
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #188135919th Nov 2017 8:44 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 75 of 295 <123 ... 747576 ... 293294295>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >