Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Brussels Landrover loose sale of new D3 UPDATED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nodric

Belgium 
Brussels Landrover loose sale of new D3 UPDATED

I thought it would be worth leaving this post in the vein hope that LRUK or their Parent Company read or respond to the issues raised in these forums.

I have spent the last 3 weeks working with LR Brussels to get the spec for my new D3 (there are huge differences between a UK HSE and a Belgian HSE) but today, I have cancelled the order. Why? Based on this site and so many others where comments of a similar nature are appearing with scary regularity.

I will now take the wife's advice (a rare event Surprised)) and buy her a new 7 seat MPV and myself a used Defender as a toy. At least the Defender is solidly built and the best 4x4xfar as LR used to say.

My main reason for the D3 was to provide a luxury family car to provide safe and 'reliable' transport for 90% of our driving as a family but to have for the other 10% the most advanced 4x4 on the planet with the legendary capabilities of a Landy. I have spent much of my driving life off road!

It seems that my 'fantasy' will have to wait until LR sort out their also legendary build and reliability issues with the Disco. Ford and LR need to put as much into customer service and technical support/resolution as they do in marketing and advertising. Solve problems as soon as they arise without delay or petty administration, regardless of cost, if they want to protect the future and prestige of the Landrover Marque.

Do this and the issues will fade away and be rapidly forgotten and all anyone will remember is the amazing service and the awesome cars. Quick and decisive actions now will reap the benefits and rewards in the future.

This vehicle has the potential to be a World beater but if they are not careful will become a joke on a Global scale and what will happen to our favorite brand?

Anyway I'm off to look at a C8 or a Galaxy or maybe an Espace or even push the boat out and test drive a Voyager! Oh dear....

Nigel
xpat in Belgium

UPDATED FROM HERE

I am reading your comments with great interest and agree with many of them. Just to clarify the wife already has a Galaxy and it does the job for the school run and the supermarket and, does not do such a bad job at the DIY store either. The DR3 was meant to be the replacement for it.

My main gripe is that paying 55000 Euros (I know soooo much cheaper here) for a car that has some major and common faults that as yet, have no common fix. Numerous complaints here and elsewhere about LRCS, dealers who have to wait for 'approval' to replace parts on brand new cars and the issues of software upgrades that downgrade functionailty, 3 weeks in the garage etc etc

This is not what you expect from a major brand that is owned by one of the largest car companies in the World. I just think prudence dictates that I should wait until this all calms down and see how LR react to resolving the current complaints and proving the reliability of the D3.

With 55k I can get the wife a brand new Galaxy and even buy a brand new Defender although I have found a 1 year old G4 spec 90 that I am looking at tomorrow Laughing

I love Landy's (owned and trialed series II, IIa, III and 90's for years) and had spent weeks working on the wife to convince her of the sense of the D3 as a perfect solution, as well as convincing myself that the new Disco would be a new breed. I argued with friends that things were now different and ignored the stories that were appearing. When I read Top Gear were looking for D3 stories I started researching and that is what bought me to where I am now. Dissapointed!

I know its a new car but after about a year you do not expect websites setting up to catalogue all the issues to force a manufacturer of a luxary brand to fix the problems. Something is a bit wrong with that scenario.

I will watch the developing situation with zeal and if LR prove to us all that the issues are resolved and the car is a new breed and over its teething problems then maybe I will change my mind. After all I want too!

Nigel

Last edited by nodric on 2nd Sep 2005 8:42 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #156062nd Sep 2005 12:04 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Having gone the other way from Galaxy to D3 (and I know that Jumblemo has done the same), I fear you may be sorely disappointed with the mpvs on the market.
I had many problems over the years with the Galaxy. I too looked at other 7 seaters in a vain attempt at spending less on the car than I ended up.

The reality is that the C8 is slated for reliability, as is the 807 and Ulysse counterparts (cousin works for Citroen and confirms that there are significant issues at the moment).
I looked at the Voyager (the Grand- with the fold flat stow & go seats).
Problems- know of 2 people with recurring gearbox problems on these. Also the configuration of seats (2 in middle; 3 in rear) means that you're more likely to lose the boot space than if you go for a car with 3 in the middle.

Try the others by all means; look at the respective owner sites (there are sites like this for all cars imaginable) and see the discussions on the many issues they are experiencing.

...and whatever you go for, knowledge is power! This site gave me the information to make an informed decision about buying a D3. I don't regret it for an instant (yet).
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #156312nd Sep 2005 1:35 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Nigel

Sorry to hear you've cancelled your order, I'm a bit sad to hear that this site has caused you to not buy a D3 Sad
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #156332nd Sep 2005 1:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Martin wrote:
Hi Nigel

Sorry to hear you've cancelled your order, I'm a bit sad to hear that this site has caused you to not buy a D3 Sad

Dreaming a little for a moment--

Wouldn't it be nice if LRCS saw this, and resolved to deal with some of the issues we've raised, so that site visitors were more positively influenced to buy the D3?

--daydream over
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #156392nd Sep 2005 1:51 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Maybe if everyone voted on the latest poll we would have some real ammunition to use as well.

-s

Post #156412nd Sep 2005 1:55 pm
Pelyma

England 

Here here

Who are you? We know where you live Wink
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #156572nd Sep 2005 4:14 pm
BN

England 
Re: Brussels Landrover loose sale of new D3

nodric wrote:
I thought it would be worth leaving this post in the vein hope that LRUK or their Parent Company read or respond to the issues raised in these forums.

I have spent the last 3 weeks working with LR Brussels to get the spec for my new D3 (there are huge differences between a UK HSE and a Belgian HSE) but today, I have cancelled the order. Why? Based on this site and so many others where comments of a similar nature are appearing with scary regularity.

I will now take the wife's advice (a rare event Surprised)) and buy her a new 7 seat MPV and myself a used Defender as a toy. At least the Defender is solidly built and the best 4x4xfar as LR used to say.

My main reason for the D3 was to provide a luxury family car to provide safe and 'reliable' transport for 90% of our driving as a family but to have for the other 10% the most advanced 4x4 on the planet with the legendary capabilities of a Landy. I have spent much of my driving life off road!

It seems that my 'fantasy' will have to wait until LR sort out their also legendary build and reliability issues with the Disco. Ford and LR need to put as much into customer service and technical support/resolution as they do in marketing and advertising. Solve problems as soon as they arise without delay or petty administration, regardless of cost, if they want to protect the future and prestige of the Landrover Marque.

Do this and the issues will fade away and be rapidly forgotten and all anyone will remember is the amazing service and the awesome cars. Quick and decisive actions now will reap the benefits and rewards in the future.

This vehicle has the potential to be a World beater but if they are not careful will become a joke on a Global scale and what will happen to our favorite brand?

Anyway I'm off to look at a C8 or a Galaxy or maybe an Espace or even push the boat out and test drive a Voyager! Oh dear....

Nigel
xpat in Belgium

Nigel, but none of the ones you are now looking at are even remotely like a Land Rover, they don't come up to the wheel arches in stature. They are just large vans with windows and no character. The LR errors are only minor for heavens sake, a minor hiccup. I have mine in the cardocs now, but I am not leaving the marque for a kiddie carrier. I want to have fun and work my car on and off road and tow and tow off road in the mud, snow, dry and wet, in comfort and safety. Stick with the proper job, Land Rover. Get a 110 county rather than a tin can kiddie carrier.

Post #156632nd Sep 2005 4:36 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

As far as I am concerned I took the opposite route and went to a Disco 3 after having spend years with MPVs...

I owned and drove Picasso, 806, Espace III and a C8. I drove Scenic and Espace IV...

What can I say ? Forget the Espace IV (The one on the market right now...). It is a cheapo made car and frankly certainly not worth the price... The finition is lousy to say the least...

The C8 was much better ! But still, I'd drive my Disco 3 with its suspension and Cruise controls problems any day ! There is a huge price difference between the C8 and the Disco III HSE like mine but, believe me, it is worth every cent of it !

Now... If the Disco III Was fault free... I would be in heaven... Wink

Post #156702nd Sep 2005 5:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Gurvan you are in heaven. Whats a small problem like I have for a car that is brilliant. It upsets me, no it is Land Rover support that upsets me, but it will be resolved.

Boy do I miss the Disco 3 now. I keep looking out side to see just a manky Jaguar and I will not have the D3 for the weekend .

Post #156722nd Sep 2005 5:39 pm
MVS

I would tend to agree, I have had some serious problems with the car and LRCS, but both are resolved currently to my satisfaction.

LRCS are rediculously slow, and the car has been a bit of a pain, but as discussed there aint a lot else out there to compete with it. If LR sort the reliability it is a world beater.

My Def 90 was nice, I did consider a 110 county XS but seriously, unless you work it for a living or want the VAT back the D3 is worth the effort, even in the current climate.

As men we should be used to a little frustration in our lives, just give the D3 a female nick-name Exclamation

Post #156782nd Sep 2005 6:59 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I have just got my D3 back .... off the wife, she has used it for the past 6 weeks, and I have been using normal cars.

I am like a pig in sh*t Razz Razz Razz Razz

I missed the car sooo much.

Oh, and mine has been perfect for ages now, no issues to report since 8500 miles, and she is now turned 21000.

These cars need to bed in, and I have a theory that the software is not designed to cope with the bedding in process very well, and this could be why a few cars are having electronic problems at or around the same mileage.

Post #156812nd Sep 2005 7:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >