Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

BT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
jkp

Scotland 
BT

What a bunch of Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad British Telecomm are ...

House phone lines pack in Monday, drops out broadband, not incoming or outgoing calls, get through to foreign call centre and cannot understand one another... Censored Censored

Eventually got a call on the mobile saying that it would be the 23rd, then got a call late on the 23rd saying that due to the snow they cannot get to the fault at the main junction box and most of the village is the same.

Cannot give a date for fixing, maybe last week as BT are on hols 25th-29th, most likely into the new year..... Censored Censored Censored Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Any got myself one of these vodafone PAYG dongles Thumbs Up I'm just outside the 3G area and no more, but toggles between 3G broadband and GPRS which is good enough for access and a back up.

Technology is a serious loss when you dont have it. Sad

Post #56997524th Dec 2009 3:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

BT are Censored Pots

my bros just upgraded his office phone system with them came and took the old system
out but forgot to order the new one Rolling Eyes

Left him with one line and 3 weeks without full lines nothing they could do type phone calls and eventually got it back up and running and a £1000 compo

Post #56997924th Dec 2009 3:59 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

To be honest we are just in a process of sueing BT for compensation after disconnecting our business lines in error and giving them to somebody else.

Post #56998924th Dec 2009 4:34 pm
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

They are just a bunch of con artists IMHO. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Moved my phone and in process of moving broadband from them. Dreadful customer service. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Trev.

Post #56999124th Dec 2009 4:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I've just paid my normal quarterly BT tel bill [incl Broadband].
But over the last week I've received 3 separate bills [in my name], all with different account and invoice numbers for a totally different Broadband service. Confused

Guess somebody's screwed up somewhere.
And NO, I've not reported it.
It takes up all my willpower to assign several hours of my life away trying to explain to those people in India!
They don't have a bloomin clue !

"A communications company whose services are contracted out to those who cannot comminicate".

Bit ironic isn't it !
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #56999324th Dec 2009 4:44 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

See http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic38406.html

Ringing the Chairman's office eventually got it sorted - see UNG's post for the number.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #56999424th Dec 2009 4:45 pm
TSR2

I think I talked to the same Indian as you Ron........ Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Unfortunately the Irony is certainly lost in their case.... Doh! Whistle Whistle Whistle

Trev.

Post #56999524th Dec 2009 4:50 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

sad thing is there is absolutly no alternative. The joke of a government instead of instructing bt to concentrate of cable, cable and only cable let them f**k about losing loads of cash in failed IT support blunders.

We have third world infratructure in the UK. BT have a licence to print money in service charges and I can't remeber the last time i saw them renewing 1920's copper wiring or even better hooking fibre to every house.

It's what happens when you let jocks try and run the show Mr. Green

Pom

Post #56999624th Dec 2009 5:01 pm
mzplcg

England 

Just managed to post this in the linked thread - DOH

anyway, FWIW I moved the lot to Orange and let them deal with BT. Still a BT delivered service but I pay Orange for everything. Landline, broadband, mobiles and all a lot cheaper than B (leedin') T (hieves). The more you take from Orange the more you get discounts and at least their call centres are in the UK. Northerners I grant you, but UK based northerners

Post #56999924th Dec 2009 5:05 pm
UNG

United Kingdom 

Martin wrote:
See http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic38406.html

Ringing the Chairman's office eventually got it sorted - see UNG's post for the number.

Martin ISTR PMing you the chairman's office number so I don't think it's in that post

Best way to get BT moving is to raise a complaint with OFCOM you get allsorts of BT numbers for future use

From experience BT don't like OFCOM complaints so you deal with "onshore" call centres and you also get engineers who can fix faults
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #57012924th Dec 2009 11:02 pm
roamingman

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

looking on news in 2010 no post office
Ian Jones, MSN UK News, 23/12/2009 15:16
10 years from now in the UK…
There is no national post service

o Play
o Play
o Pause
o Pause
o Playback speed options
o
+ Slow
+ Medium
+ Fast
o Previous
o 7 of 10
o Next

A post box (Andrew Milligan/PA Wire)

Larger image

Andrew Milligan/PA Wire

Decades of poor investment and bad management culminate in a decision by the Tory government to sell off the Royal Mail and allow private companies to set up rival delivery services.

By 2019 there are rows of different coloured postboxes on every street corner, each representing a competing postal business. But none of them guarantees delivery to every part of the country, all of them cost more to use than the Royal Mail, and there are fewer high street post offices in existence than ever before.
 convoy For Heroes record holder (348)
Live life 'til you die
Team Teddy Bears Picnic 

Post #57014124th Dec 2009 11:41 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Yeah, better to have everyone subsidise it with taxes Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #57014924th Dec 2009 11:54 pm
alanwxr

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
:censored: BT Again

I am supposed to be on unlimited download Option 3 Broadband, and got this this morning - Merry Christmas Censored BT!!!!

Guess what you can't phone the Censored s till Tuesday!!!!

Fair Usage Policy: your speed may be restricted
at peak times

Dear Customer,

We thought you'd like to know that your broadband usage in December has reached 80GB.

In accordance with our Fair Usage Policy, and to protect the online experience of all our customers, if your monthly broadband usage goes over 100GB, we'll restrict your broadband speed at peak times (typically this is between 5pm and 12am, but these times may change depending on the demands on the network) to 1Mbps for 30 days.

Please note: your service won't be affected in any other way - we'll restrict only your speed, not the amount you can upload and download.

We'll email you again to let you know if your usage exceeds 100GB. For more information, including tips on how to manage your usage, please see our Fair Usage Policy. Or call 0800 707 6044, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.

Best wishes,

BT Total Broadband team

Please note that this is an automatically generated email for your information only. Unfortunately we cannot respond to 'replies' to this address.
Privacy policy

Update your profile

Contact us

Why this email was sent
This email was sent by BT to your email address because its content concerns one of your BT Services.

British Telecommunications plc. Registered office: 81 Newgate Street
London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England No. 1800000.

Post #57019325th Dec 2009 9:51 am
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

alanwxr..
In theory "unlimited broadband" should mean you can download as much as you want, however in many cases, broadband contracts will include small print about a "fair usage policy", which means that the company has the right to limit your broadband service if your usage is 'excessive'. However, very few companies clearly define what they mean by the term 'excessive', so it's tough to know what constitutes too much.
I don't think any UK ISP has a completely "unlimited" service without the fair use bit somewhere.

Post #57020025th Dec 2009 10:49 am
TSR2

alan,
Get online and raise a complaint they don't seem to like it when you do that, maybe shows up in their figures that their bosses can see. Don't bother ringing up about any faults just keep raising complaints. Oh boy does that get them going and they call you...eventually. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Apart from that....Merry Christmas. Thumbs Up

Trev.

Post #57020125th Dec 2009 10:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >