Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Busy afternoon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4
Busy afternoon

Have had a busy and constructive afternoon with our local fabricator. LR sliding floor fitted and temporary mod made so it will work with the cargo barrier.
Prototype half width basket made.

Now bought an item to modify something to help us out. It took about 10 seconds to realise that this modification would not work correctly. So some 3 way head scratching out come tape measure and some ali sheet and new bracket made. Not quite right on first attempt so some quick modifications later a rough but working template made. It looks like we will be adding another new product to our range.

Brendan

Post #208786928th Sep 2019 7:59 pm
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Sounds like a busy thinking cap day, though I have the sliding floor and cargo barrier with no problems whatsoever. I also have xanadoo 600 basket fitted not problem and a xanadoo roof basket but i have had to move things a little on the cargo barrier Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #208800729th Sep 2019 11:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

The issue we had was there was no fixing point on the sliding floor for the bottom diagonal tensioning stay for the cargo barrier. However some 5 mm steel bent into right angle with a hole for the stay. Held in place by one of the fixing points on sliding table mechanism. That is a temporary fix.

Other issue was slight movement about 4-5 mm with table in the locked in position. Another temporary fix sorted that out. Will sort out some more permanent fixes on our return from next trip.

What other modifications have people done to sliding table?

Brendan

Post #208801429th Sep 2019 12:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >