Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

bye bye LR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

oop north wrote:
Volvo XC90 discounts are huge at the moment - £9k+ off the basic Active model, a bit more for the models higher up the range, don't know if this is a temporary situation but must reflect that the Volvo is getting nearer to the end of its design life

which id not dissimilar to the discounts that you could get on a D3 just before the D4 launch..... Whistle
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59208128th Jan 2010 2:33 pm
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

There are a number of us with SE model D3s for whom the step to a HSE D4 would cost to much, but buying an non HSE D4 would be a retrograde step spec wise. So we are sticking with our SE D3s.

Post #59246929th Jan 2010 12:42 am
SN

Its only electric seats with arm rests that are missing Neutral

Bet the 2011MY D4 XS gets them
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #59247529th Jan 2010 12:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

For those of us with back injuries, that seat makes the difference between buying the car and binning the car.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #59247729th Jan 2010 1:00 am
sandylane

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

zig wrote:
There are a number of us with SE model D3s for whom the step to a HSE D4 would cost to much, but buying an non HSE D4 would be a retrograde step spec wise. So we are sticking with our SE D3s.

Is there really that much difference between a D3 SE and D4 XS? I thought their spec was pretty similar.....

Post #59256029th Jan 2010 9:52 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

It's the seat that's the potential deal breaker. Haven't looked into the spec differences re. ICE etc, but I'm going to need a fair bit of time in the manual seat before I can say with any certainty that it will be the car for me because of my old neck and back injuries.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #59256829th Jan 2010 10:00 am
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I was planning a D4 purchase in september time when mine is three years old..the D4 XS spec would seem like a retrograde step over a D3 SE... no armrests ..no premium stereo..no electric everything. I don't even think the D4 looks more upmarket it just looks ...like a lot of facelifted cars... not totally cohesive

the likely figure of an upgrade from a 57 SE D3 to a 59 HSE D4 would pay for a nice two seater sportscar for the weekend....

looks like its going to be warranty on the three year old D3 until they get their specs sorted... or bring out a special edition ...

I am an habitual car changer but land rover seemed to have come up with a product line which makes me appreciate what i've got...which is no bad thing unless you own TATA.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #59283629th Jan 2010 3:43 pm
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

We are blessed with a D4 (50 k£) and a Kia Sorento (18k£) in our household. I don't have nearly three times
as many wheels, or seats or horsepower or leather in my D4 but I am more than 3 times as happy to be driving it than the Sorento. Razz
You can't take it with you so you might as well enjoy it while you're here. Thumbs Up
 2016 D4 Landmark SDV6 (Euro6), Zanzibar (late run D4)
2009 D4 HSE TDV6, Bali blue (first run D4)
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE, some blue

http://www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #59284829th Jan 2010 4:02 pm
sandylane

Zermatt Vulgaris wrote:
... no armrests ..no premium stereo..no electric everything.....
the likely figure of an upgrade from a 57 SE D3 to a 59 HSE D4 would pay for a nice two seater sportscar for the weekend.....

Shocked All of the following is IMHO .....

I am not sure you can say the spec of harman kardon stero in the XS is not premium; and two armrests and electric seats are not going to buy a sports car.

Having spent some time researching the market before I decided to proceed with the D4, the prices of the D4 XS are signifacantly cheaper than the same spec X5, Q7 and Merc equivalents.

The reality is the car market is what it is. The D4 is technically a better car and a bargain compared to its competitors.

Post #59285629th Jan 2010 4:16 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

with respect you miss my point ..

I already have these features .. no doubt the system in the D4 XS sounds very nice the term premium is based on what LR call their top end logic 7 system which was fitted in the D3 SE and has not been fitted in the D4 XS.

the quote about the sports car is the 20 k cost to change betwwen a 57 plate and MY10 D4 not the cost of the extras... i believe they cannot be specced on an xs anyway.

i'm sure your very happy with your D4 who would n't be ....all i'm saying is LR have yet to make a strong case for me to change from my D3.

Post #59286429th Jan 2010 4:31 pm
sandylane

Thud Now I get it...must be friday afternoon and my brain is not working at all well. Understand what you mean now Thumbs Up

Post #59287629th Jan 2010 4:42 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

its all the excitement of the new car.... Thumbs Up

Post #59288229th Jan 2010 4:45 pm
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

NoDo$h wrote:
It's the seat that's the potential deal breaker. Haven't looked into the spec differences re. ICE etc, but I'm going to need a fair bit of time in the manual seat before I can say with any certainty that it will be the car for me because of my old neck and back injuries.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you have a proper test drive of a D4 on any bad roads you travel as the ride can be quite harsh and especially so for someone with back troubles. 19" tyres, stiffer stabiliser bar (esp fthe front) and stiffer shocks all contribute. After having test-driven a D3, we upgraded to the D4 from a D2 primarily for the better ride for my wife's dud back but are quite dissappointed with the harshness of the D4's ride on the bad roads here.

Post #59311529th Jan 2010 9:59 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
We are blessed with a D4 (50 k£

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter and deep pockets i hope.... Wink

it seems there are more than a few with D3 SE specs that are in teh same boat, cost to change to an XS D4 would be too much for a retro step spec wise,, glad it's not just me, not that i can afford one anyway.... Wink
 one wife.......livid  
Post #59318329th Jan 2010 11:12 pm
Solihull's Finest

United Kingdom 
Long Live The SE!

Looked at an XC90 when doing my research before buying the D3, a nice car but not a D3 or a D4!

A friend took me for a spin in his D4 XS the other day, first thing I noticed was the missing armrests, then the electric seat adjustment, then the heated rear seats, then......

Looked at the spec sheets on Land Rover's website, would have to replace the SE with a HSE to match SE spec!

There is a D4 SE for the Australian market, but appears to be based on the UK XS

http://www.landrover.com.au/au/en/vehicles...dv6-se.htm

The SE, Thumbs Up

Post #59319229th Jan 2010 11:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >